It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is sexist...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
HAHA!

Check this out...

If you google "man answering phone"

Its shows men on mobiles like they are business men

If you google "woman answering phone"

They are all secretaries and call centre workers...

man answering phone

woman answering phone

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Google always finds the weirdest pictures.

To be honest I do not know if it's sexist. I just never seen any person to be so happy talking on the phone.

Source

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Actually, it's you that is sexist. Assuming a woman in a business suit HAS to be a secretary, and an exact copy of the image, with a man instead, HAS to be a business man.

Fail.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Commercials...

Always portraying men like the dumbass and women like the smart one especially in couples.

Seriously, other than wages, society is being sexist towards men more and more.
Our school system is technically oriented on how women learn best.
Good looking women will never be homeless, while good looking men have barely no advantage there.

Isn't the point equality?

I believe men and women both have perks to complete one and other.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Actually, it's you that is sexist. Assuming a woman in a business suit HAS to be a secretary, and an exact copy of the image, with a man instead, HAS to be a business man.

Fail.

Sorry but the pictures of woman wearing headsets are quite obviously call centre workers...

If you showed anyone a pic of someone wearing a headset the first thing to come to mind is call centre worker.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Commercials... Always portraying men like the dumbass and women like the smart one especially in couples
reply to post by theMediator

All of the "tween" shows on Nick and Disney do the same thing to all male characters.. The son and father are both idiots and the mom holds the family together and the daughter is always the straight A student body president that constantly bails her idiot brother out of trouble.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

as a former call center professional, I can say that women are far outnumbering men in the call centers of America. I don't know why in other parts of the world, but here it is because of male machismo. Working as a roughneck pays a lot more money and is seen as a more manly job to have. So the wives tend to work in the call center for their own "spending money", while the husband supports the home.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Unless its technical support. Back in the mid to late 90's I worked in a call center on a contract for MS to provide support for windows 95 and 98 and about 90% of us were male.
There was this one girl with dark auburn hair though and we were both un-happily married, good times

new topics

top topics

join