It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Plays Drum Beats With Power Turned Off

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That is cellphone interference.

Is a cellphone mast nearby, is there one in your pocket?.

Is your cellphone in your pocket seeking a tower because you are a distance from a tower?.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
That is cellphone interference.

Is a cellphone mast nearby, is there one in your pocket?.

Is your cellphone in your pocket seeking a tower because you are a distance from a tower?.

I've always heard cell phone interference as more of a buzzing sound, not a beating sound.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Can you say how long you have had the same set of batteries in this radio?

As the radio sits the batteries are able to gain a small charge. This probably happens "about 4 or 5 times a year" Its like a capacitor storing up energy and having it ready for release intermittently.

I am not an expert in electricity or radio broadcasting but I think this is what is happening.

Its just like when a battery is dead, but after you let the appliance sit for some time, you will find a remnant charge of power in the battery that can run the machine only for a short period of time.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Short circuit.

When electrical components age, some become faulty, and develop shorts.

If you turn the radio off, and it continues, but then dies down, then charge is being stored in a capacitor, and released after you power off the radio. When the cause is a "capacitor," each time you hear the beep, energy is being lost to heat and sound, so it must fade away and stop. If it doesn't fade away, it's not a capacitor.

If you turn the radio off, and immediately take out the batteries, and it stops immediately, then its not a capacitor, but the power switch that is shorting, and leaking current into the radio, even though its in the off position.

I'm sorry it's not ghosts, nor spirits.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Hmm.

Just to fancy a guess;

I wonder if there is a capacitance inductor that is short-circuiting?

Maybe the power switch is arching between the two terminals?

Dirty cobwebs can pose as short-circuits too?

My pops passed too. During his last days, I had physical symptoms he described...that left with him.

edit on (5/8/1313 by loveguy because: sorry about your loss

edit on (5/8/1313 by loveguy because: grammar

Exactly what is happening.

It's amazing how many people clearly have no idea how electronics work.

I can state with 100% certainty that when those batteries are removed this effect would cease.

The radio may have even been circuit bent to create this effect... if this is the truth then the video itself is a hoax for those that no nothing about how our modern world works.

Peace Korg.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by Boston
I don’t really go with the idea that if something has a physical explanation it therefore becomes un – supernatural. To expect the laws of physics to un – do themselves in order to have evidence of an interaction with a dimension that is above or outside of our normal perception to me seems like a jump in logic.

It’s obvious the radio has a electrical short of some kind, but it’s the synchronicity of the thing that grabs at your heart.

When its just making the same tapping sound like that, and only changes when you turn volume, then why would it be in any way supernatural? Clearly if it has a natural explanation, then thats what you should go with... If there is an electrical fault making the noise, why would you seek an alternative supernatural reason?

en.wikipedia.org...

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner. The concept of synchronicity was first described in this terminology by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s.[1]

The concept does not question, or compete with, the notion of causality. Instead, it maintains that just as events may be grouped by cause, they may also be grouped by meaning. A grouping of events by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of cause and effect.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
Short circuit.

When the cause is a "capacitor," each time you hear the beep, energy is being lost to heat and sound, so it must fade away and stop. If it doesn't fade away, it's not a capacitor.

If you turn the radio off, and immediately take out the batteries, and it stops immediately, then its not a capacitor, but the power switch that is shorting, and leaking current into the radio, even though its in the off position.

I'm sorry it's not ghosts, nor spirits.

edit on 10-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: I was trying to say the same thing basically above you--thanks for clarifying it from a good electrical standpoint

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by abbey7777
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Its battery operated, it only happens a couple of times a year lasts about 5 minutes, from the off button no electricity

I had the same thing with my headphones - I could make out voices or at least one voice. Always happened on a Saturday or Sunday. It wasn't until I read about the adventures of one HAM radio enthusiast who decided to use an aluminum window frame for an antenna that I knew what was going on.

The story goes that this HAM radio enthusiast had an upstairs neighbor who had been unable to sleep for weeks because the radio would make gargling sounds even when not plugged in, and even worse, his fluorescent lights would flicker on and off even when unplugged from the mains. The neighbor had come to the rather unscientific conclusion that his house was haunted by a poltergeist, and was about to sell up and move out. It was only when he confessed his beliefs to the radio guy that he found peace.

The kilowatt power of the HAM radio antenna created a RF (radio frequency) or electromagnetic field so strong that it was driving electric currents in anything metal. Normally, these wouldn't be noticed, but anything with amplifiers (radios, TV's) or storage capacitors (fluorescent tubes) were most effected. It's no different from that click hear on a radio or TV during a lightning strike.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Interesting...
Sure this can be explained in terms of electronic theory; leaking capacitor, RFI, etc.
I don't know that anyone can prove the metaphysical aspect though.

I mean, if one believes that an external force could be the cause of this effect,
it stands to reason that the force could be implementing the effect through
a process within the physical parameters of the device.

The sound is caused by electrons flowing, that's an invisible process that we can understand and explain.
Beyond that, who knows? It comes down to what you believe.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zotll

Zotil's 1st post, everyone. Nice to have you here, interesting name choice.

Radio transmissions are picked up by dental work. I saw something last wk on this which was more scientific, with details on the shape of dental implant necessary to get the vibrations. But this linkll do in a pinch:
www.straightdope.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It sounds to me like a Geiger Counter. It sounds like it is picking up background radiation.

My condolances for your loss.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join