It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Bowie Depicted As Christ In Video For His New Single - The Next Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Pretty controversial, even by the legendary Starman's standards and sure to provoke reaction and debate among fans and critics as well as Christian's, alike.

The controversial video of the new single "The next day" was released on vevo today and is available at the link below.

Viewer discretion advised.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

DEATH TO THOSE WHO INSULT THE PROHPE.. oops wrong religion..

Almost had me RAGEing there.. luckily it's not that one.. whew..

the world is safe when you take the piss out of christ. crisis averted.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
what about this one? i don't remember any fuse when Nas released the video for "Hate Me Now".

i don't know how to embed from "current time" so scan through to 3:53 in the video.

anyway.. i think it's more about being controversial to boost sales because recording artists probably don't make quite as much as they used to because we're able to download and judge before we buy and it's awesome for us and it's also why bands are selling rights to their songs for commercials and stuff like that.. i mean i fell off my chair when i saw judas priest on american idol haha but quickly realized why they're doing it.

but bowie has always been a little freaky though haha his origins where pretty much in the "shock rock" genre so this isn't a huge leap for him in my opinion.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

He is not trying to provoke anyone.. he is just Bowie as we know him
A inspiration for anyone not to take everything so seriously, relax and enjoy this delightful being

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What's the problem?
He has taken on many personas over the last 4 decades.
Some based on real people, and others of fictional characters.

• He has been an Alien
  • An Astronaut
  • A Burnt-Out Rock Star
  • Duke
  • Numerous females
    and more......

So since it is Jesus this time, it's somehow significant enough for people to get all worked up about it?

He's Bowie. That's what he does. That is what he has always done. Moreso than simply being a musician, he is a performer, and an artist. He tells stories. He often seems to switch things up a bit, unlike many of the other bands from back around that time whose haircut, set lists, and clothes look the same now as they did in the 70's.

edit on 5/8/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:16 PM
    link   
    reply to post by n3mesis

Originally posted by n3mesis

anyway.. i think it's more about being controversial to boost sales because recording artists probably don't make quite as much as they used to........

I think he'll get by ok with the money he already has.

www.digitalspy.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
    link   
    Why do people care so much about what other people do? SMH.

Why do people let other people offend them? Everything we "feel" is a choice. We choose to allow ourselves to be offended, scared, angry or sad.
    edit on 8-5-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
    link   
    Thanks for the responses guys.Sorry, I had to leave the computer for a spell.

I'm actually a massive Bowie fan and have no problem with the video, i just thought it might have been of interest to some on ATS that he depicts Jesus in this new video.Maybe it isn't a big deal to anyone after all.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
    link   
    I've been a Bowie fan since U was 5 years old, so this is just further evidence of his brilliance. After all, it was just recently that the new pope equated gay-adoption with child abuse, so the message here is is timely and relevant.

I am actually surprised the usual suspects didn't pick up on this video and give use a treatise on illuminati symbolism. After all, this one has black and white tiled floors, St. Lucy, stigmata, paedo-priests, the works.

new topics

top topics

join