It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carcass washes up in New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They "think" it might be an orca. What do you think?
www.youtube.com...#!

Mod Note: Starting a new thread? Look here first!
edit on 9-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Already been identified as a killer whale.

Killer Whale

Yet, somehow I know somebody will chime in and say "Oh yeah, it's no killer whale. I've seen dead killer whales and by golly I'll tell you that is not one. THAT is exactly what TPTB want you to believe".
edit on 8-5-2013 by ratcals because: Spelling mistake. Because I hate spelling mistakes.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

Decomposition can drastically change the appearance of lots of living things. The teeth look like a killer whale, however thats where I would draw the line. The body seems to consist of a a main body that goes down to a whip like tail or two. So I cant get behind the killer whale story whole heatedly. Unfortunately things like this tend to be whatever animal fits best so I hope they do dna testing.

edit- just followed up on the links posted by the other members and it is looking like it is a whale
edit on 8-5-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Confirmed to be an Orca.

Link

That's to bad, was hoping this was another Montauk Monster case.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

There you go

Cody

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A yep its definately dead

edit on 8-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
is it a baby killer whale cos its mouth looks awful small for it to be an adult, poor wee thing

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havox
Confirmed to be an Orca.

Link

I don't believe that for a second.
That jaw is fairly intact and has not "decomposed."
an Orca has a rounded jaw with a bullet head.
That thing has a long, croc-like jaw.

Many scientist never saw something they cannot explain in their conventional view, like astronomers and UFOs.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
The body seems to consist of a a main body that goes down to a whip like tail or two. So I cant get behind the killer whale story whole heatedly.

Originally posted by Aliensun

I agree with you both. A living Orca's tail has the characteristic horizontal tail fins of all cetaceans, and a blunt, rounded head.

However it's skeletal structure is vastly different.

As you can see, it has a skull which appears not to 'fit' with the living body, being almost like a crocodile's, and a tail that tapers to a point. The dorsal and tail fins, having no bones within them, are not present.
It's also quite interesting to note that the skeleton of all aquatic mammals actually retain quite a large degree of similarity to the skeletal structure of their ancestors, with quite reduced differences (barring the lack of hindlegs, naturally).

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

If I were there I would have taken a few of it's teeth, polish them, and put them on a necklace
D'day mate! Orca Dundee here

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by Havox
Confirmed to be an Orca.

Link

I don't believe that for a second.
That jaw is fairly intact and has not "decomposed."

Many scientist never saw something they cannot explain in their conventional view, like astronomers and UFOs.

I totally agree with you. Sure there will be speculations about what it actually is. For me, whatever it is, we can speculate to one sure thing: could this be just a victim of the Fukushima meltdown? We know they disposed so much contaminated water into the ocean. New Zealand is in the Pacific Ocean area. After all these months since the Fukushima situation, the radiated water would have had an effect to the wildlife in the Pacific. That is my logic about it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I was watching "Daily Planet" last night and they identified this beasty as a "False Orca"
It is similar to Orca but not related.
Here is some info:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm sort of surprised no DNA confirmation has been done.

top topics

join