It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would A Superhuman Racial Group Of Humans Have To Star In A Separate Olympics etc...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Let us consider a hypothetical section of the human race; much like we have racial Asians (East/South etc), Europeans and Africans. Let us call this hypothetical racial group, "Race X" (much like Caucasoids or Negroids etc).

Now, let us say that this Race X is human, but superhuman in the sense that they can think faster, are much more intelligent, can run faster etc etc - to a noticeable degree: i.e. a member of Race X could comfortably run the 100m in under 9 seconds or could swim 1500m comfortably in well under 14 minutes and can learn and retain in half the time that a regular human is able to (scientists have studied their DNA and see that they have more active parts and a bigger brain, larger muscles etc etc).

TL;DR

Would such a super-race have to be separated in sports and education? Do they then have to star in a separate Olympics altogether or simply star in an extended form of the normal Olympics whereby they have separate events (e.g. power swimming, power cycling, power sprinting, power marathon)? Will separate "special" universities have to cater to them? Would it not be unfair if they are lumped together with regular humans (who will undoubtedly fall well behind them in physical, mental and academic achievements)?

What do you think?

P.S. This is purely hypothetical. No offense is intended in the slightest. Nowhere do I state that such a race as "Race X" actually exists - it does not. Nowhere do I intend to be racist (but I do mildly acknowledge that there are small differences in humans - if there were not, we would all look and be the same, no?)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would say no. There is no special Olympics for each race now. Every race has certain attributes that makes one better than another at things. Overall, it all evens out though, hence we are all equal.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How would the "race" of superhumans be identified?
Would they be considerably taller somehow?
Would they have a different shaped forehead?

Without a specific identifying characteristic, how would anyone know that they're superhumans, and not just really athletic?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I'm sure genetic testing could reveal such and sometimes appearance as well. For example, it was seen that *some* Jamaicans had an active specific gene which contributed to more advanced bursts of speed amongst other things - so much so, that they even dominate over the West African for example.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think they should have their own olympics or something not because of race which doesn't matter but because it would not be fair to the other people that are playing against them. That would be like putting them all on a basketball team together and playing them against a bunch of normal people, its not fair.

Yes some people now are better at things then other but not because they are superhumans

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Precisely, I agree - not because of their race, but because of the noticeable advantages that would put other regular humans at a disadvantage. I.e. It would be unfair for everybody else.

This basically ties in with genetic engineering and enhancement - there were several articles online and whatnot which basically talked about how doping and other enhancements were influencing sport and whatnot. Some authors talked about the possibility that separate events (such as power swimming or power sprinting) would be added or created for doped up and souped up athletes - some even joked that a World Pro-Doping Agency should be set up!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I'm all for doped up athletes competing. Has anyone ever seen Pride fighting?? Steroid use was encouraged because ultimately it made the fights more exciting. Aggression, drive and endurance are all magnified with doping.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Would A Superhuman Racial Group Of Humans Have To Star In A Separate Olympics etc

Nope. Kenyans are still permitted in regular Olympics, just with the understanding that they'll win anything involving running.
Seriously, why does it seem the winner of every marathon is Kenyan?

Precisely, I agree - not because of their race, but because of the noticeable advantages that would put other regular humans at a disadvantage. I.e. It would be unfair for everybody else.

Bah..since when was life fair? Never has been, never will be. "Fair" as a concept exists right up there with "perfection" and "utopia". They are abstract concepts.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

So you would conclude that members of "Race X" be allowed to compete alongside mere mortals even when it is scientifically proven that "Race X" has clear advantages over everyone else?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If they're Superhumans.
they aren't going to wait for us mere mortals to create something, anything, for them.
They'll take care of it themselves.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Gundam Wing SEED anyone?

In the Cosmic Era Coordinators are genetically enhanced human beings, which can have a number of enhanced traits including faster learning, and stronger and faster bodies that are virtually immune to diseases. They closely resemble the Augments from Star Trek as they are physically and mentally superior to normal humans. Another similarity to the Augments that Coordinators share is the fact that they are feared and hated by Naturals

The Coordinators, left earth to live in Space colonies due to hate between them and the Naturals, aka natural born Humans.

Olympics is the last thing to worry about if such thing existed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Haha, yes you're quite right. It's just that, even if they were "super", they'd still be humans and would want to be in relational union with us.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Certainly, the events would be called the DNA races.
(Pun intended)

top topics

join