It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress may be moving forward with traceable cash.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Funny story...

You know those holograms on your credit/debit cards? There's a microchip behind it. I know this because my old card had been swiped so many times it was showing.

Well lets just say that I used to be horrible with money. In an attempt to be more fiscally responsible I decided to cut up my debit card and go "cash-only". This meant I had to physically walk into a bank to pull money out to spend.

Before I cut my card up, I wrote down the card number, expiration date and CCV (the three digit security code). I then proceeded to cut the card up into about 30 or so tiny pieces.

Two days after I cut the card up, I needed to order something offline. I don't remember what it was, but I used the information that I had written down. To my surprise it said that my card information wasn't valid, and the transaction could not take place.

I told NO ONE that I cut my card up (and the microchip as well). The bank and VISA should have had no reason to deactivate my card. Obviously that microchip is doing something.

Try it sometime, cut your card up and wait 24-48 hours and try to use the card information to buy something, I bet it won't work.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I can't find the video now but it was a couple of years ago when I first saw it.

Although I will tell you this; During the second Gulf War, I was in charge of loading over a hundred ships with military equipment including tanks helicopters, etc.. all equipped with RFID chips. Prior to loading, all equipment was staged in 2 to 5 acre lots adjacent to the docks and our clerks would manually document their type and placement.

A month or so into this deployment, I had a military officer inform me that the military already knew what we were documenting via their RFID scanner that could identify the type and placement of every piece on the lot just by driving around the perimeter. For the record, the center of those lots was more that 4 or 5 hundred feet from the perimeter.

You know what they say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat." Maybe it's not limited to the transmit range of an unpowered chip but rather to the reception range of the detector. Just saying.

Again....impossible. Especially a few years ago. The Active/Passive scenario requires the reader to send a signal which activates the response from the tag. If the reader activates multiple tags at once the information comes back garbled and not usable because all tags are transmitting at the same time.

If the military could do this then common sense would make me have to ask why do we have to drive around the perimeter? Shouldn't we be able to just stand here at the corner and get them all?. Or just walk to the very center and get them all at once?
edit on 5/8/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
RFID technology is much more advanced than what is publicly admitted.

Like I said, go get an RFID blocking wallet. They look just like a regular one, I've tested mine with an RFID security badge and it works.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

If the military could do this then common sense would make me have to ask why do we have to drive around the perimeter? Shouldn't we be able to just stand here at the corner and get them all?. Or just walk to the very center and get them all at once?

They might very well have been able to do so while standing in the corner and/or center of the lot, I'm just telling you what they told me. And by the way, while they wouldn't let me enter the vehicle, they did indeed show me the truck that contained the RFID scanning equipment and it wasn't one that was there to be loaded on a ship for deployment to Iraq.

Believe what you want, it's definitely your choice.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
RFID technology is much more advanced than what is publicly admitted.

Like I said, go get an RFID blocking wallet. They look just like a regular one, I've tested mine with an RFID security badge and it works.

It may be more advanced but not much more. Sure one of the wallets will do the trick but that is assuming that someone has the capability to read your card, decrypt the information and actually get their hands on your card to see the CVV number and expiration date. Credit cards do not house that information on their magnetic strips anymore. How do I know this you may ask? Because I handled quite a few large businesses and their PCI (payment card industry) compliance audits and security,

These pieces of information can only be accessed by the person holding the card or having seen the card and written it down. They are not on the RFID or the magnetic strip. Sure they used to be hence the push for PCI compliance by the credit card companies themselves. They did not want to be government regulated so they banded together on this particular threat and as such have very strict rules in place for what your card can store and what businesses can store from your card.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The mag strip might not contain that info, but the microchip behind the hologram does. This is how you can utilize those RFID payment kiosks at gas stations. "Fast Pass" or whatever they're called. You just wave your card over this reader and a payment is processed.

In order for a payment, the reader would have to be able to pull the required information to process the transaction.

ETA: The CCV isn't always needed to process a payment either. I know this because I used to process credit card transactions. Some cards require it, others don't. I know that even large transactions don't always require it.
edit on 8-5-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

I can't find the video now but it was a couple of years ago when I first saw it.

Although I will tell you this; During the second Gulf War, I was in charge of loading over a hundred ships with military equipment including tanks helicopters, etc.. all equipped with RFID chips. Prior to loading, all equipment was staged in 2 to 5 acre lots adjacent to the docks and our clerks would manually document their type and placement.

A month or so into this deployment, I had a military officer inform me that the military already knew what we were documenting via their RFID scanner that could identify the type and placement of every piece on the lot just by driving around the perimeter. For the record, the center of those lots was more that 4 or 5 hundred feet from the perimeter.

You know what they say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat." Maybe it's not limited to the transmit range of an unpowered chip but rather to the reception range of the detector. Just saying.

That's the same way that cellphone towers communicate with mobile phones. The mobile phone may only be able to transmit at milliwatt energies (a terrestrial national TV transmitter broadcasts at megawatt energies), but its the cellphone tower that has the amplifiers and broadcasts at kilowatt energies.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Yes, I was going to say that cell towers may have something to do with the reason my credit/debit card didn't work after I cut it up. It seems like the only plausible explanation. Those towers are everywhere, and it is "Radio Frequency Identification" chip after all....Cell towers use certain radio frequencies...
edit on 8-5-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You boneheads ever pay attention?
They were installing the "reader boosters" on cell towers a while back.....
The country is easily covered by the cel networks wherever theres a decent amount of traffic.
I recall threads talking about modifications to them....a while back.....
Think a little forward because the gov boys are playing with science we dont yet know about.
RFID in money is entirely just the beginning.....
They can put them in your post toasties for gods sake.
The totalitarian control of the future is being installed now as we speak so to speak......

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

here is part of it www.activerfidtracking.com... how it works now for the rest of the story, that's if you can handle the truth. here it is what is passive?? www.technovelgy.com... then read this www.technovelgy.com... so how can it be read at 5 miles or more simple by miniaturizing this www.prlog.org...

The next step will be the implants, would you be told your getting it in a flu shot?

Did you know that you can be tracked now?

Hint look up Drone targets how do you think they know whose who and where they will be? not by ground Intel, but by SAT link data.

edit on 8-5-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

here is part of it www.activerfidtracking.com... how it works now for the rest of the story, that's if you can handle the truth.

All you linked to was an RFID tracking software. Has nothing to do with the readers. It is simply a database that stores where the particular RFID asset is located. The readers that garner this information are in the facility with the tags. I have used these same types of databases for personnel management and tracking inside large warehouses and for security. This has nothing to do with the distance at which RFID can be read.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yep and some fail to see the simplicity of it all, Big Bro is real as you and me! It is all coming together in one big fat package, Face reg, RFID, Real ID, Smart cards and Phones, the last step is the implants. There was the Digital Angle program but the reason it failed was a bad side effect , caused infection in the injection point.

The next generation of Implants might be here or they might not , who knows what DARPA is up too, [there is only so much you can find out about,] but I go by the old "If you can think of it, someone has made it and is using it" the question is is your thought better than theirs.

Yes it would be a good idea if used for Mil and first responders, to keep track of them, say your taken prisoner, held in a camp, you would be found!!! Not lost and forgotten,as so many others have, or say your a first responder and trapped by fire or fallen debris, your chip can pin point your location.
Will it be used this way, not if TPTB have their way.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by stirling

Yep and some fail to see the simplicity of it all, Big Bro is real as you and me! It is all coming together in one big fat package, Face reg, RFID, Real ID, Smart cards and Phones, the last step is the implants. There was the Digital Angle program but the reason it failed was a bad side effect , caused infection in the injection point.

The next generation of Implants might be here or they might not , who knows what DARPA is up too, [there is only so much you can find out about,] but I go by the old "If you can think of it, someone has made it and is using it" the question is is your thought better than theirs.

Yes it would be a good idea if used for Mil and first responders, to keep track of them, say your taken prisoner, held in a camp, you would be found!!! Not lost and forgotten,as so many others have, or say your a first responder and trapped by fire or fallen debris, your chip can pin point your location.
Will it be used this way, not if TPTB have their way.

Again...this would only work within a certain range and only if the tag were active, as in powered. Without an active tag you would have to know where to point the RFID reader within the distance of the ability the tag has to transmit it's frequency. So if you had a tag on you and got lost in the woods....nobody would find you unless it was an active tag and they were within the distance they could read your tag, the view was fairly unobstructed and they happened to point the reader almost spot on the tag.

They can't track you like you are suggesting based on passive tagging. Even active tagging has its limits and must be powered by something. Even something as small as the orientation of the tag that the reader is attempting to identify can throw it off after a certain distance.

It simply does not work how you think/want to believe it works.

Don't get me started on facial recognition.....I wrote my college exit research paper and project on Eigenface tech and biometrics. While very cool stuff it has its limitations as well..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

here is part of it www.activerfidtracking.com... how it works now for the rest of the story, that's if you can handle the truth. here it is what is passive?? www.technovelgy.com... then read this www.technovelgy.com... so how can it be read at 5 miles or more simple by miniaturizing this www.prlog.org...

The next step will be the implants, would you be told your getting it in a flu shot?

Did you know that you can be tracked now?

Hint look up Drone targets how do you think they know whose who and where they will be? not by ground Intel, but by SAT link data.

Ok....you edited after my response. No..they are not RFID tagging drone targets. They are using GPS coordination and target acquisition from intel gathered by ground ops and satellite. So....you want to tell me you think they get close enough to plant a tag on a target and instead of just going ahead and taking that target out while they are there they just tag it and then use a drone to take it out later?

And yes.....anyone that has a cell phone can be tracked at any given time through GPS and tower tracking. Neither of which are RFID.

And per your own links above:

The major disadvantages of a passive rfid tag are: The tag can be read only at very short distances, typically a few feet at most. This greatly limits the device for certain applications.

GAO Tek Inc. (www.GAOTek.com) is offering its practical passive RFID tag with an outstanding maximum read distance of 35m.

So....typically a few feet to a maximum of 35 meters(guessing you misunderstood 35m to mean 35 miles?). That is quite a far cry from 5 miles, or even hundreds of feet. Unless you are just personally deciding it can be done without any info to back it up the facts are very clear that this capability DOES NOT EXIST....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

yes i did misunderstand stand your cell phone can be tracked up to 5 miles , but he new RFID can be tracked up to 300 ft here is the link www.morerfid.com... from the link

Active RFID is a long range communication approach that has a reading distance between 50 (150 feet) to 100 meters (300 feet). It has significant longer range than UHF passive RFID and it is suitable for tracking vehicles, containers and people. You don’t have the ability to write to the tag from such long range. It may not be a good technology if you want to count your inventory due to the difficulty in distinguishing the nearby similar items.

The synopsis presented above is accurate for typical active RFID tags.

Savi Technologies (www.savi.com) has been providing this type of tag for over 12 years mostly for U.S. military purposes but also for rail, containerized cargo, trucking and other applications requiring large area RFID capability.

Savi's tags and readers include large data capacity, choke point location capabilities (door, gate, etc.), programmability as long as the reader-tag link is "solid", and 3-7 year battery life, depending on tag type, usage, and environment.

Read range can exceed 300 feet though our guaranteed range is 300 feet for most applications. Readers are omni-directional so that this should be interpreted as 300 feet radius which provides a coverage circle of 600 feet diameter.

We also provide handheld readers with range capability up to 150 feet.

Our EchoPoint tags can be used at a door (including dock doors) or at a 15-20 foot wide access gate with passing speeds up to 40 MPH with multiple tags in the field and at higher speed when only a few tags are present on a vehicle and or trailer or shipping container.

Train applications, for example, have much higher passing speed capability since tags on each box car are spaced far enough apart to be triggered one at a time.

All of our tags have unique IDs so that distinguishing between unique items is easy and our available data depth allows up to 128KB of data about the contents of a container or a full description of the tagged item and its status (owner, destination, etc.).

We can, for example, read a very large parking lot or deployment area (600x800 feet) using four or five readers and poll all or each of 900-plus tags on trucks, trailers, heavy lifting equipment, tanker trucks, etc. that are located in that lot.

We can change the data in each or all tags as long as the link to the tag is solid (there may be some that can be identified but do not program under marginal conditions... in which case data will not be changed.)

Check www.savi.com for details.
with in 5 years if not sooner they will be able to track you through your smart card up to 2 miles that's if you live in the city. added the bold for you to see it is for people as well.

There is a saying: "You have to drink milk before you can eat beef, or crawl before you can walk" this is crawling, Implants are flying if you can see my ideology.

RFID is such a loose term Radio freq ID, and terms Active, Passive and semi Active or Passive here is a link to help you for you that, like me, can or do get lost, dazed, and or confused www.rfidea.com...

edit on 8-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

yes i did misunderstand stand you cell phone can be tracked up too 5 miles , but he new RFID can be tracked up to 300 ft here www.morerfid.com...

Again....that is active RFID:

Active RFID is a long range communication approach that has a reading distance between 50 (150 feet) to 100 meters (300 feet). It has significant longer range than UHF passive RFID and it is suitable for tracking vehicles, containers and people. You don’t have the ability to write to the tag from such long range. It may not be a good technology if you want to count your inventory due to the difficulty in distinguishing the nearby similar items.

In order to have active RFID tags there must be a power source. Passive tags, like what you find on purchased goods and credit cards and possibly coming up, money, are nowhere near that range and the active reader must be within range to "activate" a response from the passive tag.

Under perfect circumstances with direct line of sight to an active tag with active reader there have been successful attempts at around a mile in range, but that is with a unit that is about the size of a bar of soap. Don't think they could actually fit that into a dollar bill, credit card or give me a vaccine with that in it at this point.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I wish I had some of that traceable cash. Any cash at all would be good. Blew all my cash on hand at the store buying stuff today.
If they are willing to do testing, I'll be a test mouse and take the cash so they can track where I spend it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
You boneheads ever pay attention?
They were installing the "reader boosters" on cell towers a while back.....
The country is easily covered by the cel networks wherever theres a decent amount of traffic.
I recall threads talking about modifications to them....a while back.....
Think a little forward because the gov boys are playing with science we dont yet know about.
RFID in money is entirely just the beginning.....
They can put them in your post toasties for gods sake.
The totalitarian control of the future is being installed now as we speak so to speak......

Weigh stations around the country are being outfitted with RFID readers hanging over the road. In theory, the government would be able to know how many people and who was riding in the car, along with how much cash as well. The scale could be used to see if anyone was being smuggled without an RFID ID card. They've been putting these in "choke points" in and out of cities for some time.

When it comes time to "clamp down" -- they'll know who your riding with and how much cash you have on you. Then, if they want to -- they can activate the microphone on your cell phone to hear what you are discussing.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Looks like we may need to start holding onto the untraceable cash.

What else could we use as currency? Hmmmm.

I could honestly see small gold chips, bars, etc being used for transactions. Although, that would work at the wholesale level (I trade you this you give me that) I don't know exactly what they would mean at the consumer level. (Garage sales, etc.) What kind of reporting is there on it? Unless it is tied to an ID, what would it matter if customer XYZ used bill numbers 0a13843 and 0a8944 to make a purchase? If it is tied to an ID, yes, everyone and every cash transaction could be recorded and submitted to the IRS, but I see this as pretty daunting...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

So congress spends their time debating about where limited money should go, and argueing over debt.... where do they get the money to put all these chips and stuff in the dollar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join