It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress may be moving forward with traceable cash.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sorry ATS-ers, I cant provide a link on this.

The information comes from one of those "friend of a friend" types. He works in D.C. but we're unsure of what he actually does. Although I will say that he has been a good source of information in the past.

For example. At the time when we were being told that the order had been signed to close Guantanamo, he was telling us that funding for the prison was actually being increased...

So now he tells us that there are members of Congress or some type of subcommittee which is moving forward with making cash traceable.

I had actually forgotten about it until I saw this:

Smart Paper Makes Traceable Money Possible

A simple act of cash changing hands could become a lot less private. U.S. researchers have developed a new way of embedding traceable chips within "smart" paper—raising the possibility of banks and governments guarding against counterfeiting and even tracking the usage of paper money.

Seems a bit too coincidental IMHO.

We all know how the establishment works, they use the media to slowly acclimate people to future agendas.

And here it is again:

US engineers develop smart RFID-enabled paper

Such smart paper could be used for banknotes, legal documents, tickets and smart labels, the team said.

Yah it could but it wont. It will be used to track cash transactions.

Why? Well, the banks hate cash because they dont make money on transaction fees (credit and debit cards).

The IRS hates cash because it may allow some people to actually keep the money they earn.

Looks like we may need to start holding onto the untraceable cash.

What else could we use as currency? Hmmmm.

edit on 8-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Put a chip in Lincoln's nose on the American penny and lead America around by it. This idea is just so stupid that it seems to me that there is nobody in control of some kind of runaway train of survelliance and now yuppies and neo-con juniors are just trying to outdo each other. America needs an adult to step up and put an end to lots of this.

EDIT: Oxoma ben Ladin (his true name, in Klingon slang) is probably rolling over in his water with laughter as he hears (how would he hear? A dolphin would swim down and tell him) that America is sideways-labeling its citizens all the way south of sanity, and are doing so by using what he did as an excuse.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So, the serial numbers on bills now are not traceable?

Even with chips embedded in bills, I think you would need to directly scan the bill in question.
It's not like a drone could scan and identify a bill in your wallet using GPS or something.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beartracker16

Even with chips embedded in bills, I think you would need to directly scan the bill in question.
It's not like a drone could scan and identify a bill in your wallet using GPS or something.

Yes, you are correct. And by the way, the Amazon forest is being stripped away, an inch and an acre at a time. Snip snip, snip snip, little by little, it's not like anything is really happening.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

My same thought as well.

Unless they have figured out how to make the RFID "active" instead of "passive" in the actual bill then the RFID range is very limited. They could read it anywhere a sensor was set up that you walk through though, such as stores and airports.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
is there no end to the stupidity in the american government?
say, if this goes ahead this will trickle down to my country just like every stupid law your idiotic government makes up. for the love of god, control your government americans. because soon every man and his dog is going to hate you, if they dont already. get off your iphones, turn off jersey shore, put down the big mac and CONTROL YOUR GOVERNMENT.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

When he first talked about tracking cash, this was my first thought, that the numbers on the bills would somehow be scanned and cataloged.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
is there no end to the stupidity in the american government?
say, if this goes ahead this will trickle down to my country just like every stupid law your idiotic government makes up. for the love of god, control your government americans. because soon every man and his dog is going to hate you, if they dont already. get off your iphones, turn off jersey shore, put down the big mac and CONTROL YOUR GOVERNMENT.

Sounds more like your government needs to man up and do what's best for their own people rather than blaming the US for your own failures. Where is it you live that the US government has so much influence and your own government has so many weak political figures that they can't do anything because of US oppression?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh yes they can! I once saw a video where a guy showed you exactly how to drive down the road and not only scan all RFID chips in the area, but also how to duplicate them.

He purchased some relatively inexpensive equipment at his local electronics dealer and demonstrated how he could remotely read the RFID chips in people's credit cards, (while their cards are still in their wallets and purses) and later duplicate them on blank credit cards where they could be used to purchase items at the owners expense.

He did all this while driving down the road, scanning everyone who was walking around within a 4 or 5 hundred foot radius of his location. He went on to say that he could dramatically increase the range of his equipment for very little additional cost.

That's why people buy those aluminum wallets, is to protect their cards from being scanned. Maybe this would be a good time to invest in those aluminum wallet companies.

Knowing this, I wouldn't doubt for one minute that a drone could read these chips with very little difficulty.

On the other hand, it may turn out to be a big aid in the fight against tax cheats as well as overseas sheltering and laundering of money.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
microwave your bills!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

RFID is the new magnetic strip at the super market.. You walk into a store and bing guy has 60 bucks in his pocket. Oh and look 20 of that comes from that criminal who withdrew from his bank account yesterday for that drug deal..

This is VERY different from serial numbers.

In NC You can be Tolled on a toll road with scanners that can either read through your bumper or through your windshield from 20-30 feet up...

You'll be walking past scanners all over.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
IMO this falls under illegal search...

Back to the barter system

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
IF the bills would be able to store information & exchange information with other RFID chips it would be a problem & a massive invasion of privacy (ie. you're $20 is talking to your Citibank card while they're in your wallet)

If not - then I don't see the material difference between the RFID & the serial number

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I can tell you if/when this happens silver and gold prices will make a huge jump.

Even seeing this bull introduced to Congress would have an effect on precious metals.

Make the system work for you, folks. =]

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Oh yes they can! I once saw a video where a guy showed you exactly how to drive down the road and not only scan all RFID chips in the area, but also how to duplicate them.

He purchased some relatively inexpensive equipment at his local electronics dealer and demonstrated how he could remotely read the RFID chips in people's credit cards, (while their cards are still in their wallets and purses) and later duplicate them on blank credit cards where they could be used to purchase items at the owners expense.

He did all this while driving down the road, scanning everyone who was walking around within a 4 or 5 hundred foot radius of his location. He went on to say that he could dramatically increase the range of his equipment for very little additional cost.

That's why people buy those aluminum wallets, is to protect their cards from being scanned. Maybe this would be a good time to invest in those aluminum wallet companies.

Knowing this, I wouldn't doubt for one minute that a drone could read these chips with very little difficulty.

On the other hand, it may turn out to be a big aid in the fight against tax cheats as well as overseas sheltering and laundering of money.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

I would call complete BS on this. The system that you are speaking of is Active Reader/Passive Tag. These can't go 4-500 feet or anywhere near that distance. The tag itself is passive, meaning it relies on the readers ability to pick up the frequency and has no battery or means of broadcasting on its own. This type of system is what is used in credit cards and card access door readers, etc... They simply do not have the ability to transmit a signal at that distance. They are also locked down to a specific distance at which they can be read which is why you have to wave your access card in front of a reader to get the door to unlock.

Active/Active systems will work as you have suggested but they require a powered tag which transmits a signal over a longer distance, again set by the owner or manufacturer of the tag and reader. This is similar to what is used in highway "fast lane" type instances and such.

Not only that, but the reader this guy would have to have used in an active active situation would also have to be able to disseminate between all signals that were coming back to be read. If the focus or subject had more than one RFID tag on their person or in their wallet the transmission would "activate" all tags to send a response back which would jumble the information making it impossible to read. The subject would have to ONLY have one RFID tag on their person. This would also require the software to decrypt the encryption and coding on the tag which all RFID manufacturers use these days for that purpose.

edit on 5/8/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
so how are they gonna track all cash.
i could see if you got the cash at the bank. cash is scanned and linked as given to you . but once you spend the cash at the store, they maybe linked as the ones who hold it. but what happens when it is given in change. how will it be linked then. will we have to give name and address to the cashier in order to receive our change.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You need some RFID research and you will see it can read or be readable up to 5 miles now.
Real ID card, the chip strip you find in the Wal mart item you just put in your pants, or the Passport you use to go to UK now and then.

Now printed money IRS will find you and be ready to pay if your not claiming taxes or if your on Welfare and receive foody stamps they will know that you get cash this is all part of the Grand plan there is no hiding nor running from it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

You need some RFID research and you will see it can read or be readable up to 5 miles now.
Real ID card, the chip strip you find in the Wal mart item you just put in your pants, or the Passport you use to go to UK now and then.

Now printed money IRS will find you and be ready to pay if your not claiming taxes or if your on Welfare and receive foody stamps they will know that you get cash this is all part of the Grand plan there is no hiding nor running from it.

No...it can't. Unless you have a battery powered credit card with an active RFID chip it will go nowhere remotely close to that range. Your phone...maybe, your credit card and money.....not a chance.

Since you have done so much research, please show me the documentation with some actual field tests of someone who was able to read a passive tag or credit card at a distance of even 200 feet, let alone 5 miles.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I can't find the video now but it was a couple of years ago when I first saw it.

Although I will tell you this; During the second Gulf War, I was in charge of loading over a hundred ships with military equipment including tanks helicopters, etc.. all equipped with RFID chips. Prior to loading, all equipment was staged in 2 to 5 acre lots adjacent to the docks and our clerks would manually document their type and placement.

A month or so into this deployment, I had a military officer inform me that the military already knew what we were documenting via their RFID scanner that could identify the type and placement of every piece on the lot just by driving around the perimeter. For the record, the center of those lots was more that 4 or 5 hundred feet from the perimeter.

You know what they say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat." Maybe it's not limited to the transmit range of an unpowered chip but rather to the reception range of the detector. Just saying.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They already have RFID's in our paper bills that they can detect with a mobile detector. They can just drive down a street and basically know who is hording cash.

Line your wallet with foil or buy an RFID blocking wallet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join