It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Azerbaizan is a bit player. While launching covert operations like terrorist attacks is a possibility, do not get your hope high that Iran can be broken by a frontal assault from Azerbaizan.

The Kurds are a headache for all settled players. Again Kurds do not have the capability on their own to take on either Iraq or Iran.

The British empire was successful because it fought wars. People get killed in wars. USA has an ambivalent attitude towards war, that is why it is called a 'reluctant' superpower.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Azerbaizan is a bit player. While launching covert operations like terrorist attacks is a possibility, do not get your hope high that Iran can be broken by a frontal assault from Azerbaizan.

Personally, I hope everyone makes civilized agreements and gets on with ordinary business, without meddling in each others' politics. But proxies are bit players backed by the heavyweights.

The Kurds are a headache for all settled players. Again Kurds do not have the capability on their own to take on either Iraq or Iran.

They aren't a headache for the Turks anymore. The withdrawal of the PKK from Turkey is one of the things that makes me think the scenario I outlined is a possibility. Guys in pickup trucks had no chance against the Libyan army and air force either, did they?

The British empire was successful because it fought wars. People get killed in wars. USA has an ambivalent attitude towards war, that is why it is called a 'reluctant' superpower.

That's why proxies are so attractive nowadays. I think the Kurds will step up to bat smartly. For some reason they don't want to be part of Iraq.
edit on 9-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My reading is US/Israel is already doing all it can in this region.

I do not talk about possibilities but my prediction is Iran would not break. There are counter-balancing factors to Western influence.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

My reading is US/Israel is already doing all it can in this region.

I think so too, but I also think that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Hillary Clinton said that they were "working hard". I think they are setting the stage, getting everyone onside. Iraq is a thorny problem in my scenario.

I do not talk about possibilities but my prediction is Iran would not break. There are counter-balancing factors to Western influence.

Iran will have to decide how much trouble it wants to deal with. Having a stand-off with NATO and Israel is one kind of trouble. I think they are up for that.

Having to deal with an invasion from the western border, led by Kurds and Azeris and backed Libya-style by NATO, is another kettle of fish, one with the potential for much more serious sorts of trouble. They might bend a little to avoid that kind of development.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I’m surprised anybody wants Iran to have nukes but there are many who think it’s a great idea (many on this site)!!
Well it seems we , the US , cant keep our Rabid Dog ally , Israel, on a Leash.
Maybe it will take a Nuclear Iran to put a Stop to the Terrorist State, known as Israel.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Your scenario will not occur, how hard Americans try.

You forget these people (Azeri and Kurds) still have to live in the same place where they are. Americans live thousand of miles far away. Neither Azeri nor Kurds can run away from their actions.

So while hidden hand (terrorism) goes on, an open challenge is a very different ballgame.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Maybe you are right. We'll see.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You keep missing the point that Iran and Syria have been attacking Israel for over a decade through their terrorist proxies. Anything Israel did after the fact is retaliation, not unprovoked aggression!

That is simply a non sequitur or are you really expecting that I do not know the history of Israel ? That type or argumentation can only work for the people that have no understanding of history. I do not state that Jews are all to blame or even the primary culprits (that would fall to the Anglo-Americans as controllers of the world stage after WW2) but the "criminal" establishing and subversive extension of the Israel state is the origin of all the problems, not the people that were already there (even Jews). This is like to blame the Indian Wars on the Indians...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The real reason Israel attacked Syria:

It looks like a prelude to attack on Iran. It is to show the US that Iran does not have capability to strike back. This makes an attack on Iran low risk in Israel's eyes.

It is nothing to do with missiles for Hezbollah.

edit on 11-5-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Iranian Kurds and Azeries are mostly happy to live in an independent powerful Iran and not having to bow to every western masters desire like their neighbors across the borders do.....This divide and conquer plot is so passe and Victorian,it will never work out in today's updated societies as it sort of did in last centuries....But Iranians will be more than happy to join all Kurds and Azeries to their original motherland if they like to.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabagI don't know that Israel has been funding rebels. Regardless, you're talking about this year.

Google "Israel PJAK". They are at least funding Kurdish terrorists against Iran. For many years now.

This is open blackmailing:

"Israeli official said: “Israel is determined to continue to prevent the transfer of advanced weapons to Hezbollah. The transfer of such weapons to Hezbollah will destabilize and endanger the entire region.”

“If Syrian President Assad reacts by attacking Israel, or tries to strike Israel through his terrorist proxies,” the official said, “he will risk forfeiting his regime, for Israel will retaliate.”

The Israeli official, who has been briefed by high-level officials on the Syria situation in the past two days, declined to be identified, citing the need to protect internal Israeli deliberations.
"

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I see that Obama is being falsely implicated in various "scandals".

Pressure is being brought on Obama to act on Iran.

Some people are really getting impatient with him. Maybe he is blocking their way.

US government is full of intrigues. President does not know and cannot know a lot that is happening is this mind-boggling bureaucracy. But his honesty does not work with the sectarians. Sectarians will have their way at any cost.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

I think the US government/elites have long come to the conclusion that despite all Israel may want,Iran is not just another easy target in the ME and requires much more delicate solution....Iranian people do not let any country to instal another puppet in there and they will fully and firmly retaliate in case of any foreign invasion.....So I think Obama and almost everybody else in the politics know what they are really dealing with in here.But of course they have to put on a show for the MSM consumption as well.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I respect your opinion.

Iranian people are helpless. They may want something but who will deliver?

It is time to take precautions.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The West does not want a war with Iran, and toppling Syria would not achieve this anyway.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

These are NWO wars and NWO very much wants war with Iran.
Iran and Iraq are key to energy puzzle.

The war will happen sooner than later. They are waiting for a trigger which they may create themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There has been another step toward Kurdish consolidation in an area near the western end of Iran. Apparently Kurds in eastern Syria have taken control of a region where they feared that the al Nusra Front were going to try to set up an independent state.

I think the Kurds in the region will eventually go for an independent state that will overlap the borders of Syria, Turkey, Iraq and Iran. It looks like a movement in that direction has been taken, even though Syrian Kurds say that is not what they want.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Interesting times indeed.

It is not clear what was destroyed in Latakia. The combatants will not tell.

It is clear that the rebel army is being supplied via sea. This is strange because the usual way is to supply via Turkey.

If USA/Israel are giving so much importance to deliveries via sea, that means that Muslim world is not onboard Syria rebellion. This makes Mr Assad far more resilient.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

We do it all the time in Pakistan with our drone strikes.

How is that for respecting sovereignty?
All in the name of the war on terror that we clearly won Obama said so

edit on 20-7-2013 by Diisenchanted because: fixed spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join