It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How many pro Israel threads have you authored?

When Israel stops being a regional bully and attacking people then portraying themselves as the victim I might cut them a little more slack. I won't even get into their treatment of the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank.

I have authored threads that point out good in Israel such as the fact that the Israeli government does not necessarily represent the nation as a hole, just like any other nation and their government.

You may consider me pro Iran or Syria but really I have a lot of bad things to say about their leaders as well, but they don't go around threatening war over baseless claims. The reason Israel gets picked on so much is because of their behavior and as long as Israel continues to behave this way there will always be threads that point out the misdeeds of the Zionist, just like there will always be threads that point out the misdeeds of other extremists such as Islamic, Christian, or just plain nut job.

It wasnt a knock against you. We all have a position. I've certainly never made a pro Iranian or pro Syrian thread. The difference is that I don't pretend to be unbiased or get butt hurt when called out in it.

I don't pretend to be unbiased and always make sure to point out my bias on certain subjects even though I try and keep a neutral approach as much as possible.

And don't worry I am not butt hurt as what you have claimed about me is untrue so you haven't really called me out about anything. My frustration originated when you used portions of my post when I was implementing your own logic to point out your flaws and you tried to make it sound like I said these things as if I meant them from my perspective so you can say that I contradicted myself.

You missed the key words, which I used several times..."using your logic"...your being YOU just in case you aren't sure yet.

Don't worry I haven't left guys and you can still use my toys even though I am unsure if you have put your big boy pants on yet.

All I ask is that going forward that you do not use portions of my post that are depictions of your logic and then proceed to portray them as if they were meant to be my beliefs/opinions. Also, f I am incorrectly guessing your logic based on what you have posted so far please feel free to let me know.

You have contradicted yourself many times by using your own logic, that was all I was getting at.

Now enough about us and let's get back on topic?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The real reason?

Israel has already promised the oil and gas rights for the Golan Heights and Rothschild and Co want to collect.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think they were destroying a convoy of weapons they were pretty sure did not belong to them. I would also think that plans were in place and alert at the ready should Iran have responded.

Remember where Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction were shipped off to. Syria. Who knows what they got over there.

You have to wonder about this region. Is it really the oil or is it something deeper? Why is conflict a constant here?

As to the video. It's thoughtful, and I'm sure he's not the first to have seen this possibility. But was drawing Iran into the conflict an objective? I doubt it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You may consider me pro Iran or Syria but really I have a lot of bad things to say about their leaders as well, but they don't go around threatening war over baseless claims.

You consider everything Israel uses as justification “baseless” which is why I pointed out your bias. They have been attacked for over a decade by Syrian and Iranian proxies.

As far as threats go…

Iran on Wednesday issued war-like declarations against Israel, calling for volunteers to fight for Syria’s regime and vowing to turn the Golan Heights into a “Fatahland.”
link

I don’t believe that the Israeli military resides in Golan…so they’d be targeting civilians. I also don't believe Israel has done anything directly to Iran, so what gives Iran this authority and why aren't you calling them out???

Then of course there are these numerous threats of preemptive attacks against Israel and the west:

Do you believe Iran or Syria is justified in preemptively attacking US considering US has never attacked them?

You have contradicted yourself many times by using your own logic, that was all I was getting at.

Now enough about us and let's get back on topic?

No contradictions here…let the games resume!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
I thought it was because ZIONIST Jews want the book of revelation to come to be.....

edit on 8-5-2013 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

It's more likely that Obama needs a distraction from Benghazi.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What say you? Is this the road to WW3 or were these strikes simply a preemptive, opportunistic move by Israel designed to protect it’s interests?

I think WW3 was supposed to be kicking in about this time, I think you all were supposed be like killing eachother in various wars over some silly # or retarded believes or some such. But seeing as that is stupid and a waste of time, I really don't agree with it, it definitely needs to be postponed for another time were you all can play at war and death. Or till such a time as you can deal with it.

So no! this is just business as usual, once something is build say like a vast war machine that relies on constant fueling of its machinations, well it will just keep perpetrating and propagating itself as it has no choice but to sustain itself, after all it is a job for many. And ultimately it really does not matter which country came to it first, as there ultimately pretty much the same and must follow the same rules and dictations, and because there all very much the same, only there colors and flags are different. They are human, all to human.

...Ever heard the saying "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." That is what is happening, in a story at the end the good guys win and the bad guys lose. And then the curtain drops and its the end.

But in real life if the story continues, well eventually the good guys become the bad guys and the bad guys the good guys, or any number there in. That's why such things only work in stories, because stories are just there for show, and rarely have much if any say in how things go down in real life, and if they keep going on, eventually there tune will change and the hero becomes the bad guy...It is natures law practically. And that is what were seeing today, the continuation of an old and long drawn out story that knows nothing else but the same old plot. One that has been told many times before.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
I thought it was because ZIONIST Jews want the book of revelation to come to be.....

edit on 8-5-2013 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)
Jews don't believe in the New Testament,wherein the book of Revelations is.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

As to the video. It's thoughtful, and I'm sure he's not the first to have seen this possibility. But was drawing Iran into the conflict an objective? I doubt it.

I couldn't agree more...great post (not just the part I quoted).

The big issue I have is that the people making these charges against Israel WANT to see a conflict because they WANT to see Israel wiped off the map for perceived wrongdoing on their part. Though I really like the guy who made the video and find a lot of what he says to be true, there is no denying he, like many others, has a deep seated, unhealthy distrust of everything Israel does or says, which tends to skew his thinking on all matters related to Israel.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

When I say baseless, I mean unproven allegations.

About the Iranian "threat" that you pointed out...from your own link...

The threats came via a Hezbollah newspaper that cited Iranian officials, Ynet News reported. Despite the aggressive tone, the paper reported that Iranian officials are more intent on halting future Israeli attacks on Syria, rather than declaring all-out war.

First can you please find me this Ynet News report and maybe the Hezbollah newspaper that allegedly made this claim (according to Ynet)

And as your own link states, it's not actually a threat, but based on intent on halting future Israeli attacks on Syria OTHER than declaring all-out war.

You say Israel has done nothing against Iran, but Israel has demonized Iran via the media and participated in activities that in the long run end causing sanctions on Iran. Not only that, Israel has lied about Iran and it's intentions countless times over the decades.

I am not sure what "authority" you speak of and what you are wanting me to call out Iran on so please elaborate so I have a better understanding.

Do I believe Iran or Syria are justified in preemptively attacking the US considering that the US has never attacked them?

No I do not believe Iran or Syria are justified to attack the USA preemtively, but whether or not the US has attacked these countries (directly and indirectly)is debatable, in recent history at least...it's a known fact that the United States attacked Iran decades ago by installing the Shah in 1953. But dwelling on incidents that old are not very relevant to this conversation.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Goes back even further to the Kingdom of Solomon.

Syria was once apart of Isreal current events of the ME can be traced back centuries although quite a few people are all too happy spreading propaganda, and lies because they have nothing better to do than vilification of Isreal.

Funny part there is all those who take the Palenstinian side are usually the first one to defend their ancient conqueor's, Persia which everyone knows as modern day Iran.

Names may have changed
The date may have changed

But the middle east is the same as it ever was.
edit on 8-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyNailer

The issue is not Israel's right to exist. Issue is if Israel is using improper means to realize its political objectives.

The Israel-Palestinian question can be solved if given time and patience. At the moment it is going towards Nazism, that is just eliminate the opposing populations. This is a barbaric method.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There is a lot going on against Iran. People do not know because it does not get western press.

The US/Israel are trying everything in Iran - from economic blockade to creating chaos within Iran.

So let us not pretend there is nothing going on.

This is the same escalatory spiral seen elsewhere. Conditions are being prepared for an all-out war.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

First can you please find me this Ynet News report and maybe the Hezbollah newspaper that allegedly made this claim (according to Ynet)

YUP…right here

And as your own link states, it's not actually a threat, but based on intent on halting future Israeli attacks on Syria OTHER than declaring all-out war.

It wasn’t a threat…it was an actual call to action.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, posted a call to arms, inviting Iranians to volunteer and join the fighting currently underway in Syria.

You say Israel has done nothing against Iran, but Israel has demonized Iran via the media and participated in activities that in the long run end causing sanctions on Iran. Not only that, Israel has lied about Iran and it's intentions countless times over the decades.

Sticks and stones….

So they said naughty things and made Iran butt hurt??

Well then Iran is justified in killing Jews!!

I am not sure what "authority" you speak of and what you are wanting me to call out Iran on so please elaborate so I have a better understanding.

Call out Iran for sticking its nose in Syria’s business. It’s not Iran’s fight with Israel. You’re quick to denounce Israel and US helping rebels. Denounce Iran’s actions!

Do I believe Iran or Syria are justified in preemptively attacking the US considering that the US has never attacked them?

No I do not believe Iran or Syria are justified to attack the USA preemtively, but whether or not the US has attacked these countries (directly and indirectly)is debatable, in recent history at least…

Well that’s good.

I’m sure I’ve heard it defended at some point but I’ll take your word because I don’t have time to re-read 12,000 posts.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

There is a lot going on against Iran. People do not know because it does not get western press.

The US/Israel are trying everything in Iran - from economic blockade to creating chaos within Iran.

So let us not pretend there is nothing going on.

There are things going on but Israel doesn’t call the shots at the UN.

Iran has no fight with Israel except for the fact Iran hates Jews and would like to eradicate them.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Iran has no fight with Israel except for the fact Iran hates Jews and would like to eradicate them.

Oh really....

I have news for you !

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Funny part there is all those who take the Palenstinian side are usually the first one to defend their ancient conqueor's, Persia which everyone knows as modern day Iran.

Names may have changed
The date may have changed

But the middle east is the same as it ever was.

And it would remain a smoldering pile of despair wrapped in a theological nightmare long after Jews are once again kicked out of their land; war after war…Muslim faction against Muslim faction….for eternity…just as it’s always been.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well predicting future is difficult.

Right now great intrigues are going on. I suspect this Benghazi hue and cry is an attempt to blackmail Obama to act on Iran.

And it seems that this blackmail is succeeding.

Destroying nuclear plants in Iran is not a small thing. This will have great repercussions.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by seabag

Oh really....

I have news for you !

There were Jews in Germany before the holocaust, too.

So??

Maybe you missed this:

the greatest prophet will be fulfilled…through the words of the prophet Muhammad…”Judgment day will only come when Muslims fight the Jews and KILL THEM”…

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

but I think if Israel wanted war with Iran they could do a little better at provoking Iran than 2 small strikes on insignificant targets in Syria.

Like terror attack to the Iranian scientists and industrial sabotage... Due to its own illegal an secretive nuclear program Israel has no moral grounds to demand other not to pursue the same goals...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

edit on 8-5-2013 by neo96 because: never mind

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join