It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think many feel that Israel is the aggressor because of Palestine.

Oh, I totally get that. They're anti-Semites. But that doesn't give the Syrian or Iranian governments the right to get involved.

People bag on US for covertly aiding rebel wars against regimes we dont like yet those same people stand here justifying the exact same action when Syria and Iran do it against Israel. Why the lack of consistency?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by sonnny1

I think many feel that Israel is the aggressor because of Palestine.

Oh, I totally get that. They're anti-Semites. But that doesn't give the Syrian or Iranian governments the right to get involved.

People bag on US for covertly aiding rebel wars against regimes we dont like yet those same people stand here justifying the exact same action when Syria and Iran do it against Israel. Why the lack of consistency?

Agenda !

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So if you believe Assad and the Syrian government do support attacks against Israel by proxy then you must admit that is an act of war. If so, Israel's recent strikes should be considered retaliatory. No?

No.

The military aid sent to Gaza from various countries/organizations is so the Gazans can Defend themselves against the Israeli war machine.

Israel is funding and arming rebels in Syria so using your logic this is an act of war and Assad had the right to attack Israel even before the recent Israeli attack on Syria. Once again, if we use your logic, Assad has shown restraint.

It is clearly Israel who is the aggressor that attacked Syria even though they were not provoked, unless you can prove to me that Assad attacked Israel first.

ETA:

If you consider providing weaponry to an ally to be "fighting war via proxy" then the USA is also guilty of war crimes for providing Israel an abundance of military hardware, so therefore if we use your logic once again...the USA has also committed acts of war...but we already knew this to be true.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Israel launch a couple of bunker busters over Damascus...people die.

There's indignation world wide with the press calling this an " act of war".

America gives Syria $100,000,000. in " Humanitarian Aid".....why???

Suck on the money dummy and go to sleep....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It is clearly Israel who is the aggressor that attacked Syria even though they were not provoked, unless you can prove to me that Assad attacked Israel first.

You just admitted they did...by proxy!

If they are supplying the attackers of Israel with money, weapons and supplies then it is Syria who is the aggressor.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I admitted nothing, not in the way you are portraying it at least.

Please respond to my whole post as I find the way you presented my post to be unfair which portrayed it in the incorrect context.

Also I have edited my post to add.

It would be much appreciated if you would answer my questions where I question your logic.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think Israel hasn't forgotten how it all started.

The Arab-Israeli War of 1948 The Arab-Israeli War of 1948 broke out when five Arab nations invaded territory in the former Palestinian mandate immediately following the announcement of the independence of the state of Israel on May 14, 1948. In 1947, and again on May 14, 1948, the United States had offered de facto recognition of the Israeli Provisional Government, but during the war, the United States maintained an arms embargo against all belligerents.

The Arab-Israeli War of 1948
edit on 8-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by seabag

I admitted nothing, not in the way you are portraying it at least.

Please respond to my whole post as I find the way you presented my post to be unfair which portrayed it in the incorrect context.

Also I have edited my post to add.

It would be much appreciated if you would answer my questions where I question your logic.

OK...

Israel is funding and arming rebels in Syria so using your logic this is an act of war and Assad had the right to attack Israel even before the recent Israeli attack on Syria. Once again, if we use your logic, Assad has shown restraint.

I don't know that Israel has been funding rebels. Regardless, you're talking about this year. Syria has been funding attacks on Israel since at least 2001.

If you consider providing weaponry to an ally to be "fighting war via proxy" then the USA is also guilty of war crimes for providing Israel an abundance of military hardware, so therefore if we use your logic once again...the USA has also committed acts of war...but we already knew this to be true.

You're proving my point. Some of you hold the US to a much higher standard while attempting to justify the SAME actions when done by Syria and Iran against Israel. Can you explain your lack of consistency?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think Iran does not involve in such dangerous games. because it wants to be far from any war. war is contrary to any improvement. it uses it's influence and soft power mostly. it has not an invasive military machine. but it uses defensive asymmetric tactics. however USA does not want any war with Iran. because as Kissinger says it would bite if it becomes cornered. but Russia is a military machine in any probable conflict. and again USA does not want to confront Russia.
so we should expect ongoing city wars in Syria.
I do not know that I should call Israel brave or stupid. anyhow Israel has not any good situation for a war.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Can you explain your lack of consistency?

Come now.....

CE has ALWAYS been consistent with his anti Zionism threads......

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

I think Iran does not involve in such dangerous games. because it wants to be far from any war. war is contrary to any improvement. it uses it's influence and soft power mostly. it has not an invasive military machine.

Not yet! They don't want war with Israel directly because they know they'll be promptly destroyed. They're biding their time until they have nuclear capability or stronger alliances.

but it uses defensive asymmetric tactics.

Commonly referred to as terrorism.

however USA does not want any war with Iran. because as Kissinger says it would bite if it becomes cornered. but Russia is a military machine in any probable conflict. and again USA does not want to confront Russia.

US citizens don't want war, that is for certain. It's not because we're worried about what Iran or Russia will do. It has more to do with the fact that its not our fight.
edit on 8-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Come now.....

CE has ALWAYS been consistent with his anti Zionism threads......

I know that's right. I'm sure CE wouldn't argue that point.

I meant his demonization of US for doing the same thing Syria and Iran are doing. Double standard? I think so. I guess it's OK in this case because its against Israel rather than in support of Israel but I want to hear CE say that.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Get ready for the spin then.

Why you're at it, ask him what Country would forget a 5 on 1 war ?

That's not admitting what Israel is doing is right though, but food for thought.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You're proving my point. Some of you hold the US to a much higher standard while attempting to justify the SAME actions when done by Syria and Iran against Israel. Can you explain your lack of consistency?

No, in fact you are proving my point and you are too clueless to even realize it.

I hold all nations and people to the same standards, for you to imply otherwise is just plain foolish.

There is no lack of consistency on my behalf to explain so that's the end of that.

I was hoping for some intelligent debate on the topic at hand but you and Sonny rather point out your false perceptions of my character traits and my post history which has no relevance to this thread. It's such a shame that you have derailed your own thread with childish non sense as this topic is an interesting subject in my opinion that should be discussed.

I will return when the two of you decide to put your big boy pants on

Cheers.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I hold all nations and people to the same standards, for you to imply otherwise is just plain foolish.

Before or after a sensationalized Zionist thread?

(I actually looked)

There is no lack of consistency to explain so that's the end of that.

k........

I was hoping for some intelligent debate on the topic at hand but you and Sonny rather point out your false perceptions of my character traits and my post history which has no relevance to this thread. It's such a shame that you have derailed your own thread with childish non sense as this topic is an interesting subject in my opinion that should be discussed.

I will return when the two of you decide to put your big boy pants on

Cheers.

Oh stop, and pull your panties back up, and come talk. If you are going to claim "consistency" then prove it.

It is relevant to the discussion. It serves to show that their isn't a one sided agenda, when it comes to the Middle East, and its issues.

That being said, You would be surprised on how many threads I give you love.........

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wrong wrong wrong. You just simply do not invite a war to your backdoor. But you do what you can't to put down a skirmish at your fenceline.

You probably thought NK was going to escalate into WW3 a few weeks back too. Am I right?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Really?? How many pro Israel threads have you authored?

It wasnt a knock against you. We all have a position. I've certainly never made a pro Iranian or pro Syrian thread. The difference is that I don't pretend to be unbiased nor do I get butt hurt when called out for it.

I thought we were having a good discussion but If you want to grab your toys and leave the sandbox that's fine with me. You're welcome back any time.

edit on 8-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It is called fanaticism. People's views are coloured by religious ideologies. This is the case with both jews and muslims. Nobody sees the reason and brute force is adopted as the solution.

However Israel's actions cannot be condoned. It may look like a victory for Israel today but it can rather damage Israel as enemy will regroup and become stronger.

West and Israel have blind faith on technology. And this has worked for them too. However they do not realize that people are catching up to them and many of their path-breaking (revolutionary) technologies have simply failed to materialize. Too much confidence in technology is a sure-shot path to destruction. I would quote from the story of Ramayan about the war between Ram's forces and Raavan's forces. Raavan's forces were very advanced with guns, radars and aircrafts available in addition to strong and well equipped soldiers. Ram's forces consisted of only infantry however of strongly built and shrewd vanar race (who had only basic infantry weapons). Raavan did not win this war despite enormous technological advantage. There was absolute mutual destruction no doubt, but victory came to the low-tech forces.

edit on 8-5-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
I thought it was because ZIONIST Jews want the book of revelation to come to be.....

edit on 8-5-2013 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

If Revelations came true, wouldn't that mean Christians are right, and Jews were a bunch of dumbasses for the past 2000 years?
Why would they want that to happen?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't blame Israel one bit for taking action to protect themselves. Look, like it or not, the reality is that Israel is surrounded by people who want her dead, removed from the map, vanished from the pages of history. And speaking of history, her neighbors have made it very clear their intentions over the last 60+ years. In fact, they will even tell you themselves what their ultimate goal is.

So lets set aside our moral relativism, examine what exactly at stake here. The way I see it , is a nation desperately just trying to live in peace where she is planted. Then you have nations who want her gone at whatever costs. This is an ancient battle, and in this battle I will stand on the side of life and liberty. Bigotry and death is for the birds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join