Blasphemy and taunts towards God.

page: 4
3
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle
 





There is no sense in trying to convert a non-believer. If they don't listen to God, why would they listen to us

The reason to spread the word is because even if the vessel doesn't not respond to GOD's words the soul will have a chance to reconcile the gap between the flesh the spirit and GOD if the debt is within reason.




posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick
 


Ok, I starred that one.




posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
Came out of retirement (you might call it being "banned") just for this thread.

It got quite ridiculous how little sense people were making. People who think God exists somehow do not use logic? Okay, explain how the church got all its money. Either they're some really clever people and they don't believe in God, or they're incredibly lucky idiots, at least that's what I'm hearing from some posters.

Let's get one thing straight:
GOD IS REAL.

It's all a matter of figuring out WHO OR WHAT IS YOUR GOD. Some people worship money. This would be their God. Some people worship each other, so mankind would be their God. There are as many different Gods as there are people. Personally, my "God" is everything that exists. Everything I see IS my God. It wasn't just created by Him, but it actually is His physical manifestation. Prove me wrong. Please, try.

And for the love of Christ, how can a community whose main focus is to question everything including our interpretation of extra-terrestrial beings not allow for one or more of these "plausible" extra-terrestrials to adopt a sort of kinship or father like aspect to what it would undoubtedly see as a fledgling intelligent species? Would you not have some sort of pity for an child who had to grow up without parents? Would you not try to give this child at least some encouragement or knowledge that you think would be vital to them?

I'm not saying Christian fundamentalists are right. And I'm not saying atheists are right either.
The only people who are even close are agnostics, but that's only because they have enough sense to admit what they don't know.

The entire concept of believing something you can't prove or disprove is foolish. I can't prove that Jesus was a real person that was really the son of God who really died for my sins. Which is why Jesus isn't my God. But he does bear a striking resemblance to the personality I envisioned my God would have if he chose to manifest His consciousness as a human being. So I call my God Jesus. I don't call Jesus my God.

Is my God better than yours? To me, yes. I found my God to be perfectly suited just for me. He's perfectly merciful, perfectly forgiving, yet still allows perfect freedom, as I think my God should. But your God might think differently. Your God might be cold and uncaring, like the money in your pocket that you think the whole world revolves around. As long as you recognize we all have Gods and we will all continue to have Gods for all of time, we shouldn't have a problem. And perhaps, just maybe when we're all dead and gone, we'll have a chance to see who was right. Until then, stop acting like you know anything.


Scientology and the Rajneeshis have/had good bank accounts...hardly a confirmation of God...

No-one who is percieved to be blaspheming or taunting really has a problem other than the hijacking of a topic section. Sensible discussions often cannot be had, because once the finer points are questioned (and let's get it right - this place isn't a pulpit) fundies get very, very defensive...and of course the pat...'unbeliever', satan, waylaid - if you are a christian, but dont agree with the flavour being presented...get pulled out of the fundie 'logic' belt...

There are websites wholly devoted to fundie backslappers...but, this is not it...and its not as if anyone else places these targets on anyones' back!...it's the fundies that do it to themselves, and cry that it is unfair, taunting and blasphemous...this is what is ridiculous...

None of the forums are titled Christianity, Christianity and Christianity...so it's waaay rich, claiming taunts and blasphemy...

On the flip-side, there are some knowledgeable and circumspect Christians who stand out because of thier 'grown up' attitude, and following of the spirit of Christ...

Å99



posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kijne
The hate for Christians on this website is tremendous. They say they don't hate us but all you need to do is read some threads started by Christians and you can quickly see for yourself it's true. But we shouldn't be surprised. Jesus said if they hate me they will also hate you.


Hey, at least nobody is claiming we're Satan incarnate... yet.

"if they called the Master of the house 'Beelzebub'...."



posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


I couldn't agree more.
But even Jesus was known to get angry when people were being treated unfairly. He didn't walk into the temple and politely explain that what the money changers were doing was unjust. He threw their tables over.

And my problem doesn't even stem from people claiming the Judeo-Christian God is a false one. It comes from people believing it so strongly that they need to convince other people to believe the same thing. It is no different than the Westboro Baptist Church trying to claim that Jesus hates gay people and the band Slayer is Satan's plaything.

My God would forgive someone for believing a falsehood. My God would forgive someone for trying to spread this falsehood as a truth. My God does not forgive those who know the truth and deny it. But I don't think anybody who knew the truth, COULD deny it.

And since I don't really know the truth, I cannot fault those who do not believe. I only know what I don't know. I don't know if my God is any more real than the thoughts I give to him. But I do give him thought. And I do not appreciate when people who try to spread this thought are slandered and called ignorant simply for making someone think about something they have already written off as false without proof.

I did not invent Jesus. Neither did ANY self-proclaimed Christian. I did not invent the concept of God. Perhaps, I have deluded myself into placing more faith in Him than I should, but I do so actually in the name of science. Jesus, or the men who designed him, claimed to have known God to be a real entity. If this is true, then by using the method presented in scripture from "Jesus's" own words (Take up your cross and follow me), I should be able to either replicate the result or not. That is science. Not ignorance. And personally, I found more than I thought I would. That's why I leave this matter open. Not passed off as a fairy tale only a first grader would believe.



posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
reply to post by akushla99
 


I couldn't agree more.
But even Jesus was known to get angry when people were being treated unfairly. He didn't walk into the temple and politely explain that what the money changers were doing was unjust. He threw their tables over.

And my problem doesn't even stem from people claiming the Judeo-Christian God is a false one. It comes from people believing it so strongly that they need to convince other people to believe the same thing. It is no different than the Westboro Baptist Church trying to claim that Jesus hates gay people and the band Slayer is Satan's plaything.

My God would forgive someone for believing a falsehood. My God would forgive someone for trying to spread this falsehood as a truth. My God does not forgive those who know the truth and deny it. But I don't think anybody who knew the truth, COULD deny it.

And since I don't really know the truth, I cannot fault those who do not believe. I only know what I don't know. I don't know if my God is any more real than the thoughts I give to him. But I do give him thought. And I do not appreciate when people who try to spread this thought are slandered and called ignorant simply for making someone think about something they have already written off as false without proof.

I did not invent Jesus. Neither did ANY self-proclaimed Christian. I did not invent the concept of God. Perhaps, I have deluded myself into placing more faith in Him than I should, but I do so actually in the name of science. Jesus, or the men who designed him, claimed to have known God to be a real entity. If this is true, then by using the method presented in scripture from "Jesus's" own words (Take up your cross and follow me), I should be able to either replicate the result or not. That is science. Not ignorance. And personally, I found more than I thought I would. That's why I leave this matter open. Not passed off as a fairy tale only a first grader would believe.


We've all been 'shooting the breeze' on this one down through the ages...I appreciated very much what you wrote as reply...discounts on personal revelation will not be permitted...I want to hear them (in whatever way you feel appropriate)...I don't want tsunamis of quoted 'porridge' text from the Little Golden Books...I've read them too many times...and they're not great porridge, let's be honest...they're like jigsaws made from detritus...surely WE contain that knowledge...unabridged...just gotta peel the layers away...

Å99



posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

Originally posted by kijne
The hate for Christians on this website is tremendous. They say they don't hate us but all you need to do is read some threads started by Christians and you can quickly see for yourself it's true. But we shouldn't be surprised. Jesus said if they hate me they will also hate you.


Hey, at least nobody is claiming we're Satan incarnate... yet.

"if they called the Master of the house 'Beelzebub'...."


No one hates Christians, how can you hate a "PUppYkitTeN" not possible. On the other hand how can you hate an atheist, You dont, because you Pity them (unenlightenned) and have the idea that enough icecream socials will bring them around to your viewpoint (but then again anything is allowed and possible).
edit on 22-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99There are websites wholly devoted to fundie backslappers...but, this is not it...and its not as if anyone else places these targets on anyones' back!...it's the fundies that do it to themselves, and cry that it is unfair, taunting and blasphemous...this is what is ridiculous...

None of the forums are titled Christianity, Christianity and Christianity...so it's waaay rich, claiming taunts and blasphemy...

On the flip-side, there are some knowledgeable and circumspect Christians who stand out because of thier 'grown up' attitude, and following of the spirit of Christ...

Å99


You're lumping all believers into the group of fundamentalists. Not all of us are so try to be fair and not make generalizations? Do you understand me?

I am not a fundamentalist but I am a dedicated believer. I have ran into a lot of problems with Christians, some as recently as February. I got cheated in the church I was attending and I made an appeal to speak with someone's higher ups. The appeal was denied and instead I was mocked and ridiculed to my face. The defiance I experienced demanded that I make my feelings known and I told her the pastor can go **** himself basically and then I walked out. She followed me out of the room and demanded I leave the building. And it was a busy night with a few dozen people there for business matters, not a service so there were quite a few witnesses. She put her finger in my face and said, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus." I thought, no, you will not use Jesus to rebuke me. I know Him. The standoff was intense and I gave her the middle finger and said, "REBUKE THIS!" "REBUKE THIS" and she knowing she had no power to stop it kept silent at that point. Another lady opened her mouth to challenge me and I gave her the middle finger and told her to rebuke. They wouldn't.

I started leaving as soon as I heard the words of someone near us mouthing off to someone saying, "Call the police."

I left and then two of them followed me outside trying to start another controversy. I told the black guy who works there to go back to his plantation and go do the job of the white pastors who enslave him.

_______

Did you come to do evil against them and their churches? I have done worse. I have reviled them, cursed them, and brought judgment upon their houses.

Don't think that we are all some homogenous group of robots who all think and talk and act the same way because we don't.

And guess what? It is you against them, and them against you. And I sit here as a disciple of the Lord and I think you are both whacked, from my perspective, only this website demonstrates how petty and childish you atheists actually are.

Probably over 80% of threads posted here have an explicit anti-Christian message so you are all clearly deranged and psychotic. There is no great enemy to man teaching here the lies of the Christian faith and running roughshod over atheists' beliefs here like you all try to claim. What I see is mostly people of good faith diligently answering your questions which you admit you don 't care for their answers anyway and longsuffering through your incredibly painful stupidity that you arrogant degenerates are spewing.

Why don't you cut the crap out and talk about something else? If there are Christians here that piss you off, by all means, go and target them but you really need to stop your blatant spamming, all of you, of anti-religious propaganda.



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness123
 


Witness123, bless you.

Jesus warned that we would be persecuted for taking his name. I never expected that we'd be persecuted BY his name.

It's silly that there are so many "Christians," yet so few that are like him or even know him.
Doesn't it strike anybody else as perfectly merciful that Jesus put the thief in charge of the money?
How many "Christians" would EVER put a KNOWN THIEF in charge of their church's money? Zero. Not one.

You will know them by their actions. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." is not in the true Christian's vocabulary. It should read "Fool me once, I forgive you. Fool me twice, I still forgive you. Fool me three times, guess what? I still forgive you. Oh, a fourth? Forgiven. Five? Six? Seven? I forgive you."



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
reply to post by Witness123
 


Witness123, bless you.Jesus warned that we would be persecuted for taking his name. I never expected that we'd be persecuted BY his name.It's silly that there are so many "Christians," yet so few that are like him or even know him.Doesn't it strike anybody else as perfectly merciful that Jesus put the thief in charge of the money?How many "Christians" would EVER put a KNOWN THIEF in charge of their church's money? Zero. Not one.You will know them by their actions. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." is not in the true Christian's vocabulary. It should read "Fool me once, I forgive you. Fool me twice, I still forgive you. Fool me three times, guess what? I still forgive you. Oh, a fourth? Forgiven. Five? Six? Seven? I forgive you."


I have to ask this question GIS. Do those being persecuted include the rest of us that may wonder as to why we have to take Jesus as the ultimate savior? Did Jesus not allow for all contritional componants? Was the point of picking upon all constabulatory to include both extreme spectrums? I would imagine this was a 9 dimensional being that could see outcomes (future) and allow for ALL POSSIBILITIES negligable, possitibital, or Enoched (truth forthcoming soon?). Not yet. Im having a problem with your Satan Idea because its blatant in your statement, If anyone could be: Jesus was as a forgiver and allower of 'all potencials' he would describe Lucifer perfectly. You heard me right. Let go of Satan it is an non-player its name used to be Source Entity and is dead to this Universe. Unfortunately many of its footprints (paradyms) are left over and must be changed, only entropy and a good chimney sweep can do this along with pure intent to deconstruct them one ideaform at a time.

edit on 25-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123

Originally posted by akushla99There are websites wholly devoted to fundie backslappers...but, this is not it...and its not as if anyone else places these targets on anyones' back!...it's the fundies that do it to themselves, and cry that it is unfair, taunting and blasphemous...this is what is ridiculous...

None of the forums are titled Christianity, Christianity and Christianity...so it's waaay rich, claiming taunts and blasphemy...

On the flip-side, there are some knowledgeable and circumspect Christians who stand out because of thier 'grown up' attitude, and following of the spirit of Christ...

Å99


You're lumping all believers into the group of fundamentalists. Not all of us are so try to be fair and not make generalizations? Do you understand me?

I am not a fundamentalist but I am a dedicated believer. I have ran into a lot of problems with Christians, some as recently as February. I got cheated in the church I was attending and I made an appeal to speak with someone's higher ups. The appeal was denied and instead I was mocked and ridiculed to my face. The defiance I experienced demanded that I make my feelings known and I told her the pastor can go **** himself basically and then I walked out. She followed me out of the room and demanded I leave the building. And it was a busy night with a few dozen people there for business matters, not a service so there were quite a few witnesses. She put her finger in my face and said, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus." I thought, no, you will not use Jesus to rebuke me. I know Him. The standoff was intense and I gave her the middle finger and said, "REBUKE THIS!" "REBUKE THIS" and she knowing she had no power to stop it kept silent at that point. Another lady opened her mouth to challenge me and I gave her the middle finger and told her to rebuke. They wouldn't.

I started leaving as soon as I heard the words of someone near us mouthing off to someone saying, "Call the police."

I left and then two of them followed me outside trying to start another controversy. I told the black guy who works there to go back to his plantation and go do the job of the white pastors who enslave him.

_______

Did you come to do evil against them and their churches? I have done worse. I have reviled them, cursed them, and brought judgment upon their houses.

Don't think that we are all some homogenous group of robots who all think and talk and act the same way because we don't.

And guess what? It is you against them, and them against you. And I sit here as a disciple of the Lord and I think you are both whacked, from my perspective, only this website demonstrates how petty and childish you atheists actually are.

Probably over 80% of threads posted here have an explicit anti-Christian message so you are all clearly deranged and psychotic. There is no great enemy to man teaching here the lies of the Christian faith and running roughshod over atheists' beliefs here like you all try to claim. What I see is mostly people of good faith diligently answering your questions which you admit you don 't care for their answers anyway and longsuffering through your incredibly painful stupidity that you arrogant degenerates are spewing.

Why don't you cut the crap out and talk about something else? If there are Christians here that piss you off, by all means, go and target them but you really need to stop your blatant spamming, all of you, of anti-religious propaganda.


If you read carefully what I wrote...you will find that I made NO 'lump'...

The lump and assumptions are purely on your part...Am I an athiest?...

From the very beginning of this thread, I have said the same thing over and over...prompted (to a great extent) by the title of the thread...'Blasphemy and taunts towards God'...my stalwart position on this is a very clear one...The topic category does not say 'Christianity,Christianity and Christianity' (I think I would be right in claiming that!)...

Furthermore, there are no threads that are labelled 'PULPIT'...and let's be clear on this...especially sermonising by amatuer cognizati...

If you felt threatened by what I wrote...it's more than likely a reflection of your own...certainly not mine...

I wont even comment on the last paragraph...evidently not a Christian perspective (emanating from Christ)...bile, is what it is...poison...vent it!...if you wanna use my insignificant posts to do it, go right ahead...

In closing...nowhere on this site is there a category called 'Christianity, Chritianity and Christianity'...and as long as everyone follows the rules, there should be no problem...unless, of course you are unwilling to intelligently debate the thread titles...as you have done...

Å99



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

Originally posted by kijne
The hate for Christians on this website is tremendous. They say they don't hate us but all you need to do is read some threads started by Christians and you can quickly see for yourself it's true. But we shouldn't be surprised. Jesus said if they hate me they will also hate you.


Hey, at least nobody is claiming we're Satan incarnate... yet.

"if they called the Master of the house 'Beelzebub'...."


Im claiming it now. The animals are existing in the house of Baphomet, Baele and Lilith. No one hates Christians, you are needing to understand they/those misanthropes you imagine only hate Jesus (and not your specific house of worship). Jesus has a love/hate thoughtform toward its creator god (YOU) as well, he was/is always testing your faith AS THE AXE form/ the creation of HIMSELF YOU SACRAFICED TO ITSELF. (a little bit angry).
edit on 26-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by rookiehwm
 


Now is he a lie (which proves his existence), or did he never exist now?

You're kind of contradicting yourself here.

Either way, awesome post rookiehwm


Huh?

Definition of LIE
intransitive verb
1
: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2
: to create a false or misleading impression
transitive verb
: to bring about by telling lies

Tell me again how God being a lie proves his/her/its existence?



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideBankers

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by rookiehwm
 


Now is he a lie (which proves his existence), or did he never exist now?
You're kind of contradicting yourself here.
Either way, awesome post rookiehwm


Huh?
Definition of LIE
intransitive verb
1
: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2
: to create a false or misleading impression
transitive verb
: to bring about by telling lies
Tell me again how God being a lie proves his/her/its existence?


I would suppose God is "VERY TRICKY"; and confounds everyones portentious guessing (keeping it close to the chest REAL) as to its INTENT PURE, regarding the future of the human or just flexing ITS MIGHTY Gamesmanship Skills in creating a false or misleading NON EXistANT impression, or FIBBING its WAY INTO (becoming) A BEING. YOUR God Was A Liar.
edit on 26-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing
 


Not my God. I am a nature worshiper.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideBankers
reply to post by vethumanbeing
 


Not my God. I am a nature worshiper.


Yeah. Me too. Too many specie to manage though as far as concerns me (someone should have dialed it back a bit).



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing
 


They all come through the animal stargate. Do you expect GOD to turn all the varities away?



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
If you read carefully what I wrote...you will find that I made NO 'lump'...

The lump and assumptions are purely on your part...Am I an athiest?...

From the very beginning of this thread, I have said the same thing over and over...prompted (to a great extent) by the title of the thread...'Blasphemy and taunts towards God'...my stalwart position on this is a very clear one...The topic category does not say 'Christianity,Christianity and Christianity' (I think I would be right in claiming that!)...

Furthermore, there are no threads that are labelled 'PULPIT'...and let's be clear on this...especially sermonising by amatuer cognizati...

If you felt threatened by what I wrote...it's more than likely a reflection of your own...certainly not mine...

I wont even comment on the last paragraph...evidently not a Christian perspective (emanating from Christ)...bile, is what it is...poison...vent it!...if you wanna use my insignificant posts to do it, go right ahead...

In closing...nowhere on this site is there a category called 'Christianity, Chritianity and Christianity'...and as long as everyone follows the rules, there should be no problem...unless, of course you are unwilling to intelligently debate the thread titles...as you have done...

Å99


Look here, we are not talking about what you meant, we're talking about what you said.

You said, "God". There is only one person that could refer to. If you meant Allah, you should have said Allah. If you meant the Deist god you should have said that.

The problem you admit here is everyone "assuming" that you meant the Christian God. That is because that is what you said. Don't try to act more intelligent than anyone and argue semantics with them. You're clearly to stupid to understand that if you didn't say what you meant then that is not our fault. You should learn to speak and write more clearly instead of lecturing everyone and blaming everyone else. This is something you are responsible for, not me.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by vethumanbeing
 


They all come through the animal stargate. Do you expect GOD to turn all the varities away?


No, take every environs available and just go for it, see if it/they survive, see if it can (using an idea of an ecosystem) figure out the dominance of particular specie and which one thrives or dies; a tremendous undertaking considering there is no Forum round table discussion where the animal senators have the opportunity to meet (ROME) (that is before the boomerang ringer arrives; the human, Pebbles and BamBam) YIKES we are all dead.
edit on 27-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
3
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join