It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy and taunts towards God.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

What happens to those is their issue, they might even be amazed by the 'goodwill' of the Father.
He could give the taunting person $1.000 instantly.

I'm surprised that no one has posted a possible Bible verse. Here goes:

Matthew 12 World English Bible
30 “He who is not with me is against me, and he who doesn’t gather with me, scatters. 31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is to come.

This seems rather self explanatory. It reminds me of a story my dad told one time: After he left the farm to join the Marine Corps, he was exposed to many new things. The first time someone called him an SOB, he beat the tar out of him, "I didn't care what he said about me. I thought he was saying something bad about my mother."

Now it strikes me that in it's context, (24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “This man does not cast out demons, except by Beelzebul, the prince of the demons.”) it may actually have a very ominous and non politically correct meaning. Here goes:

The Talmudist Rabbis (which is almost all the Rabbis, notably not the Karaites) are direct ideological descendants of the Pharisees. The Talmud has a passage about those who disrespect the Sages (Rabbis whose sayings are worthy of being in the Talmud)

Talmud Gittin 56b-57a

[Onkelos Bar Kalonikus] called up Balaam from the dead. [Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world? [Balaam] replied: Israel. [Onkelos asked:] What about joining them? [Balaam] replied: (Deut. 23:7) "You shall not seek their peace or welfare all your days." [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment? [Balaam answered]: In boiling semen.
[Onkelos] called up Yeshu from the dead. [Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world? [Yeshu] replied: Israel. [Onkelos asked:] What about joining them? [Yeshu] replied: Seek their good. Do not seek their bad. Whoever touches them is as if he touched the pupil of his eye. [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment? [Yeshu answered]: In boiling excrement. As the mast said: Whoever mocks the words of the sages is punished in boiling excrement.
www.angelfire.com...

Some Christians are convinced that these passages are about the Jesus they call Lord. The apologists deny this and say it's a BC fellow who "is most likely a prominent sectarian of the early first century BCE who deviated from rabbinic tradition and created his own religion combining Hellenistic paganism with Judaism. While Yeshu may be the proto-Jesus some scholars point to as inspiring the early Christians, he is definitely not the man who was crucified in Jerusalem in the year 33 CE." (from same source.)

Either way you look at it, The Matthew version of Jesus has a radically different view about divine forgiveness than do the sages, Pharisees, or Talmud.

I see now that I've written it out, it didn't turn out as disgusting as I had intended. Maybe next time

edit on 9-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What about when members of one religious cult 'blaspheme' against the god of another one?

Is that allowed?

Considering there's no evidence for any religion should blasphemy against Viking gods, Polynesian gods, Egyptian Gods, Eskimo Gods etc.. also be tolerated?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
How many blasphemers and taunters do you find on exclusively religious websites?

Å99

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Reading the matthew 12 quote, I sensed a little insecurity rising. Just a little, but it did already all the necessary. Thx for quoting and your fine contribution to this thread. Very well done!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Greatest hope in the heart of an atheist: That God is a figment of imagination and does not really exist.

Truly honest athiest will conclude that the only important activity while on earth is belief and faith in God.

A lot of rejection of organized religion stems from the repressed and supressed emotions from childhood resentments.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
How many blasphemers and taunters do you find on exclusively religious websites?

Å99

Quite alot. In my years spent here, i've noticed the laughable "atheists" here lurking in a religion forum, when they proclaim to be nonreligious and nonbelievers, yet they still come here day in and day out to dispute over something that supposedly does not exist. Oh the irony.

Atheism is religion of the negative, which by the very nature of the word cannot exist as atheism prides itself on pure logic, yet it is illogical to disbelieve in something that you cannot prove does not exist. Therefore atheism does not exist because it is illogical. It can only then be correctly defined as agnosticism.

However faith isn't fueled by logic, it is fueled by hope. For us that hope is in Christ. Better to die with hope, then live in despair.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Å99

Quite alot. In my years spent here, i've noticed the laughable "atheists" here lurking in a religion forum, when they proclaim to be nonreligious and nonbelievers, yet they still come here day in and day out to dispute over something that supposedly does not exist. Oh the irony.

Atheism is religion of the negative, which by the very nature of the word cannot exist as atheism prides itself on pure logic, yet it is illogical to disbelieve in something that you cannot prove does not exist. Therefore atheism does not exist because it is illogical. It can only then be correctly defined as agnosticism.

However faith isn't fueled by logic, it is fueled by hope. For us that hope is in Christ. Better to die with hope, then live in despair.

Athiests on purely christian websites would seem a legitimate claim of 'blasphemy and taunting'...however, on an open public website, I personally find quite cheeky...

The topic title is Religion Faith and Theology...does not say...Christianity Christianity Christianity...that's what the Christian sites are for...

The subjects of logic and/or faith were not parts of my comment.

Å99

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

We know it when we hear it. We hate it when we know it..

What happens to those is their issue, they might even be amazed by the 'goodwill' of the Father.
He could give the taunting person $1.000 instantly.

Yaaaah!Love your enemies, do good to those who are evil. But be saved by Christ first..

You are absolutely without knowing it supporting my theory that Jesus Died for GOD'S sins (not ours we were simply the innocent children convieniently BLAMED). God was the parent and everything that happened with mankind rests upon its LAP; it had the creative power to abolish the NOTION OF A SIN upon its innocent creations INSTEAD INSTILLED IT as a mantra. YOU LIKE THIS GOD? It is the worst creator parent I would concieve of. Is this your idea of the ideal Father? This thing is INSANE.
edit on 10-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

How many blasphemers and taunters do you find on exclusively religious websites?Å99

Trick question. Most of them as they are all "questioning" something within a sub=mind-frame dynamic or pinching each other and giggling for a truthful answer are playing elsewhere, theyd be flayed as posers. We FRT'rs take our serious athiests within the exclusive VIP room very seriously and give them the best seats in the forum; rotten tomato throw/blows between everyone is set at equal distance chair rows apart. Here is the funsterism; cant quite make out the US vs THEM Ath's from the Fundi's; (who is who) not at this angle anyway.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

How many blasphemers and taunters do you find on exclusively religious websites?Å99

Trick question. Most of them as they are all "questioning" something within a sub=mind-frame dynamic or pinching each other and giggling for a truthful answer are playing elsewhere, theyd be flayed as posers. We FRT'rs take our serious athiests within the exclusive VIP room very seriously and give them the best seats in the forum; rotten tomato throw/blows between everyone is set at equal distance chair rows apart. Here is the funsterism; cant quite make out the US vs THEM Ath's from the Fundi's; (who is who) not at this angle anyway.

The athiests VIPer room...inability, unwillingness, chained to an idea(form)...literally and metaphorically incapable of the 'zoom-out' feature..."my world is contained within that cone of view"...movement between the seats is necessary...perceptual musical chairs..."I'm gonna credit all I create, as equal and valid - and that means whatever anyone else creates is explainable(?!) under the same terms"...and, I love a pie-throwing fight

Å99

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Plato has/had a good play on this called
Allegory of the Cave.

I do not believe in aliens/ufo and
spend no time on that forum
taunting cajoling and deriding
with catty comments those
who do believe in ufo/aliens.

I do not look down my adenoids at them either.

Deep down in places that atheists dont talk about at their parties,
is the innate yearning to know God, and this
hovering of them around theistic posts is a reaction to that.

Theists are very simple and honestly freely admit that there is an intelligence greater than themselves.

APA is considering elimination of NPD Narcissistic Personality Disorder as it is so prevalent in USA that it is almost meaningless to diagnose/discuss. Take NPD and couple with the drugs pleasure sex gambling food epidemics (manifestations of the seven deadly sins) (watch the movie seven) and the fact that a core issue with atheists is they wont acknowledge an intelligence greater than themselves and you have USA in a nutshell.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

If your god can't handle a few people not liking or beliving in him, what kind of god is that, really?

Father is not affected by taunts or non-belief, because He knows what is. Man would have you to believe that he is. He understands more than anyone why there is non-belief. Each cycle changes, and new parameters are set just for this.
edit on 10-5-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

As one of the largest and dominant religions on the earth christianity is very much a part of the "religion, faith and theology forum".

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

I do not believe in aliens/ufo and
spend no time on that forum
taunting cajoling and deriding
with catty comments those
who do believe in ufo/aliens.

The belief that life may exist elsewhere in the universe isn't that much of a stretch, so there's really not a lot to taunt or deride. The belief that there is an invisible sky daddy that cares about who people sleep with based entirely on old sheep herders books is an insane stretch and so there's a lot room for mockery and derision.

I do not look down my adenoids at them either.

Well, that's impossible, so don't take too much credit for it........

Deep down in places that atheists dont talk about at their parties,
is the innate yearning to know God, and this
hovering of them around theistic posts is a reaction to that.

I personally find anyone that believes in gods or ghouls to be incredibly fascinating. The ability to drop all rational thought and common sense in just one part of there lives and believe in something so obviously false and made up in the face of massively contradicting evidence is, well, insane. And as such I enjoy reading and responding to theists.

Theists are very simple and honestly freely admit that there is an intelligence greater than themselves.

Every living person on the planet will meet an intelligence greater than themselves every single day, it's not really that rare an occurrence. But I do agree with the opening statement...

APA is considering elimination of NPD Narcissistic Personality Disorder as it is so prevalent in USA that it is almost meaningless to diagnose/discuss.

You need to source that, because it sounds like you made it up...(unless you mean farooq and bradshaw)

Take NPD and couple with the drugs pleasure sex gambling food epidemics (manifestations of the seven deadly sins) (watch the movie seven) and the fact that a core issue with atheists is they wont acknowledge an intelligence greater than themselves and you have USA in a nutshell.

Is that where you get all your religious information? movies? if so you should check out The Life Of Brian.

Oh and maybe you didn't know, but the vast majority of people living in the USA identify themselves as theists.

Why should anyone care that when someone says things about your god, you get upset?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by akushla99

As one of the largest and dominant religions on the earth christianity is very much a part of the "religion, faith and theology forum".

...and 2 billion Christians couldn't be wrong?

I never said they were not 'a part'...I said, they cannot claim to be the 'only'...least of all by hijacking 'Religion, Faith and Theology', merely because of numbers...

The thread topic does not mention Christianity...and the claim of 'blasphemy and taunts' is waaay cheeky, given that this is not a Christian website per se...but because of weight of numbers, somehow, anyone who challenges/discusses/questions is blaspheming and taunting?!...on an OPEN DISCUSSION BOARD...

Å99

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

If your god can't handle a few people not liking or beliving in him, what kind of god is that, really?

Father is not affected by taunts or non-belief, because He knows what is. Man would have you to believe that he is. He understands more than anyone why there is non-belief. Each cycle changes, and new parameters are set just for this.

At last (and I missed you jhill76) some 'zoomed-out' perspective...

Å99

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I must have mistaken the godless "just people" never failing to pass up an opportunity to point out "Your God Is A Lie!" for "actively rejecting." Weird, right?

The 'actively aggressive rejecting' certainly is. Atheists are passionate about something that does not even concern them. Church and state were divided is a tenent of our constitution. Someone has an axe to grind regarding an individual having the freewill to worship whatever God it pleases (even if its a delusional MADE UP ideaform). Why make that their concern.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

At last (and I missed you jhill76) some 'zoomed-out' perspective...

Å99

It is always a pleasure to see you come across my screen(s).

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

The athiests VIPer room...inability, unwillingness, chained to an idea(form)...literally and metaphorically incapable of the 'zoom-out' feature..."my world is contained within that cone of view"...movement between the seats is necessary...perceptual musical chairs..."I'm gonna credit all I create, as equal and valid - and that means whatever anyone else creates is explainable(?!) under the same terms"...and, I love a pie-throwing fight
Å99

I never thought about atheists as unwilling or chained perhaps because their idea has no form; more of a KNEE JERK reaction to something they dont resonate to (who would want to alter or change the purity of that belief system; based in FEAR)(they have an opinion) at least they are not fence sitting Agnostics. Wait what did I just say? REMOVE THE SEAT OBSTRUCTIONS and Bring in the other faction the very SNEAKY delegation of the AGnosts. Who gets first dibbs on the Agnostics. On one side of the fence the Theists the other (well you know who THEY ARE). Play a form dodgeball, see who knocks the Agnostics off the fence into which quarter side first. How will the Ag defend (should have brought bullhorns with corresponding treatise announcements). Something like "Wait a minute, we are balancing your notions to keep you two factions from bloody warfare", "We are unprepared and forgot to bring in ringers", "No shields because we are pacificists, YOU DONT KNOW THAT?" "Convince us that one of you is right". The fence sitters are the only REALLY true sanctified righteous holders *of the action of throwing Pies*; hope they brought cherry.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rookiehwm
Your god is a lie. Yes, I signed up just to say this, as it needs to be known. Your god never existed.

Good nut, but why are you so right and I have no value to you?
Even as an atheist i respect what you think, yet you hate my belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join