It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raised Republican

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
when i was younger i was always told that redistribution of wealth was wrong and that the constitution mattered.

my uncle would frequently sit down with me and discuss politics with me, even though its not really one of my interests. he emphasized free speech, the right to bear arms, the pursuit of happiness. He Encouraged me to be a well-informed free thinker. he told me that democrats and republicans disagree on things where democrats emphasize on things like Unions and social programs whereas republicans emphasize on charities instead of redistribution of wealth methods like social programs. he taught me that its better to decide how much you can afford to give to others instead of being forced higher taxes.

what are your views on republican versus democrat? i would have to say i side with my uncle hes a pretty smart guy went to school has degrees and whatnot.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

I agree a lot with you and your uncle. I wouldn't call myself a democrat or republican because I disagree with their current image. However, that doesn't make me some radical who wants to rebel against the government. If I was running for political office I would chose to become a member democrat party. Because I'm an atheist, I do support the rights and protection of others like gays, I support abortion, the rights of women, science, etc. A lot that contradicts what powerhouse republican politicians support today. I wouldn't doubt their republican's with same views, but I feel they would lose out to the majority of republicans with different views. This is just my 2cents.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Both sides tend to look at the negative stuff about each party... then blow that into 1000x proportion.

ex. If 5% of people are on welfare, it would be blown to be equal to 90% of people are welfare. etc etc

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
what are your views on republican versus democrat?

I don't fully agree with either. So, I've never joined either. I actually think the party system sets us up to be divided and I like to think for myself and find common ground with BOTH parties. Today, neither party is anything to be proud of, IMO. They have taken things to the extreme for political reasons and they're both pretty much worthless.

I don't like "redistribution of wealth" either, but by catering to the wealthy and corporations in the last 50 years, the GOP has redistributed the wealth of this country to the wealthy to the point where 90% of the money belongs to 1% of the people...

I would gladly live in a society where everyone had equal access to good health care, food and the other necessities of life. I do believe that if you work hard and climb the corporate ladder, you should be compensated for what you do, but everyone in the company should benefit when they do well.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I am an un-enrolled voter who thinks both Democrats and Republicans are essentially opposite sides of the same coin serving their corporate masters. What Republicans fail to admit is that taxes pay for a lot of the public amenities we have all come to expect - maintenance of roads, bridges, garbage collection, police, firefighters, the military, etc. etc. etc. Those on social welfare actually make up a very small percentage of the budget, and those private profitable companies receiving corporate welfare, or government deals, get much more money in the form of subsidies than those living in poverty. So much for "free" enterprise and the private market. I am sick of corporations screwing it to our country, polluting our land, air and water, raping our resources,outsourcing good paying jobs, and sheltering their profits in the Cayman Islands in some pseudo place of business so that they pay next to nothing in taxes, or even no taxes at all.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The view of US-Americans on politics are worldwide seen as dangerously limited di-polar. There seems to be only 2 choices.

And you think that is the only way politics could work?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Neither party represents me. I represent myself

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I try not to divide people with the labels pick an issue and debate it, but don't debate things with a predetermined notion because then you'll never move forward. We can't forget this is our home planet we are in this together.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Which party promotes ecological values? Oh.
Which party promotes peaceful solutions for the world? Oh.
Which party promotes hate and egocentrism? Ah.

There are other worlds beyond..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Republicans also believe in wealth re-distribution. But instead they believe all the wealth should amass at the top and let it "trickle" down to the workers.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't know if I agree or disagree, to me it seemed that some where in the late 80-90 that both of those parties have flip flopped. I go independant, I go with the person and what they are saying and there back ground, I go with the person that has morals and stands up to them even though they may not be popular.

I seen right through the silver tounge devil that we have now, and I can say I did not vote for him and all those that did are probably re-thinking there decisions.

Personally I think if some one would come out and say, I was married but had an afair, got devoriced and remarried she has the kids. Oh and I did do pot when I was a teenage..........that person would have my vote becasue he is just like most people in america, republican or democrate.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why would any intelligent person/persons raise their family to stand glued to one political party?

When it came to politics I always looked at it like we was the employer and they was the interviewers for the job.

Basically who would I hire? that's who I'll vote for.

Later on in life I enlightened past those veils to realize it's all the same thing just packaged different much like god and satan.

new topics

top topics

join