It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wii U

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hey Ats,

I'm not sure most of you here know what the wii u is. It is a brand new Nintendo console with HD graphics and has a very unique controller check it out...

I have a Wii U and I have to admit there aren't many games out now, but they're coming.

Here some recent games that are currently on The Wii U

There are more on the way like Bayonetta 2, Mario kart, Super smash bros. 4, pikmin 3, Shadows of the Eternal, Wonderful 101 etc..

Just wanted to let you know that the Wii U is a brand new console and not the wii. haha It's Nintendo's first HD console!! Epicness!!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The gamepad can also be used as a remote! For any Tv you have! Perfect!!
and very handy!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Keep in mind, this is a "new console" but the graphical power is still slightly less than an xbox 360 or ps3. It will still sell like hotcakes, but just allowing games to be in 720p doesn't change that much really, your lame looking nintendo 64 quality games will be less blurry.

Once i grabbed the PS move I simply couldn't go back to the wii's wrist flicking retardedness. I really hope they step up the motion detection this time around.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yea the CPU is lower than the current consoles but Nintendo made some Wii games look like a ps3 quality game. They can do it again with the ps4.

oh and the wonderful 101 and other games will run at 60 fps and at 1080p :] just letting you know
edit on 8-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Do you work for Nintendo or something?

In all seriousness though, Nintendo should stop with the gimmicks and focus on what works. While the Wii U looks alright, they certainly aren't helping it by calling it a "Wii" in the first place...the first one was quite horrible in general. It was good for those who lacked hand-eye coordination though.

I think i will just wait for the PS4...looks much nicer.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Fine wait for the 14 games you'll have! :] While I play TONS of first and 3rd party games. And the touch pad on the ps4 controller is a gimmick

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100

Fine wait for the 14 games you'll have! :] While I play TONS of first and 3rd party games. And the touch pad on the ps4 controller is a gimmick

Every console has a limited number of games upon launch, it is only natural.

I think the Wii U's controller is more of a gimmick than the PS4's controller though (even though the PS4's controller is a bit gimmicky).

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I have a Wii u and I think the controller is awesome!! I love playing on the controller and it is very comfortable.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I have a Wii u and I think the controller is awesome!! I love playing on the controller and it is very comfortable.

And that is fine.

However it still doesn't make it any less of a gimmick

A gimmick is defined as:

A trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or trade

oxforddictionaries.com...

Clearly, the controller was one of, if not the most crucial aspect in their PR campaign to sell the console. It was used as a tool to attract attention or publicity...

"The controller has a touch screen, you must buy it, the console and everything else along with them."

edit on 8-5-2013 by daaskapital because: ex

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Thanks for proving my point that the ps4 is a gimmick

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thanks for proving my point that the ps4 is a gimmick

Your attempt at trying to turn this debate around is not working at all.

Sony has only revealed the PS4 controller and the games of which will be released for the console. In no way are they using the controller as a tool to herd the masses into purchasing the console. They have given statements as to what some of the features on the controller do, but they are in no way pumping it up so as to convince the masses that it is the best thing ever. Further, we haven't seen much of Sony's campaign yet, so you can't overtly state that the PS4 controller is a gimmick.

In contrast, Nintendo relied heavily on their controller to the point where the public got pretty sick of seeing it pushed in to every campaign or news release...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For those of you saying the Wii U is under powered, that is not the case, in fact it can do more than PS3 And 360....Here is just ONE example of a game that shows what Wii U can do.

www.examiner.com...
www.youtube.com...

The Wii U has completely new architecture where as 360/PS3 are 8 year old architecture...Check this game out Eternal Darkness game....Looks great!!!!

www.ign.com...

For those of you saying the gamepad is a "gimmick" Really? Because I like having my HUD, Maps, and Internet all a the touch of a button. WITHOUT PAUSING MY GAME. I also hands down think Black Ops 2 has better multi-player than any other console, NO SPLIT SCREEN and the game looks GREAT on the gamepad. Not only that, but with most games I touch a button and play my game on the gamepad only and the TV is free for anyone else to use.
Games like Resident Evil Revelations HD were built for 2 screens......Yeah they are going to port them to PS360 but they wont have the same options like this.....
www.gametrailers.com...

For those of you bashing the Wii U, you more than likely have not even spent any REAL time with it, and NO the demos in the store show NOTHING. You have to sit down at home and spend a few hours with it and connected to the net.
The Wii U internet puts my PS3 to shame, as it should, seeing the PS3 is 8 years old. I love the Wii U and it does have more power than current gen for sure. It wont have the power of PS4/720 BUT the comparison in power from Wii/PS3 and Wii U/PS4 will not be nearly as drastic. Here is another game that looks great coming to Wii U.....
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-5-2013 by kurthall because: added

edit on 8-5-2013 by kurthall because: spell

edit on 8-5-2013 by kurthall because: added link

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Dude!! They ONLY SHOWED THE CONTROLLER!! They were talkin about the dang share button for hours!! Seriously like did yu even watchte whole presentation? Or did you just videos on youtube?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Dude!! They ONLY SHOWED THE CONTROLLER!! They were talkin about the dang share button for hours!! Seriously like did yu even watchte whole presentation? Or did you just videos on youtube?

Yes, they relied heavily on the controller for that specific conference. But i guarantee that the PS4 controller won't be used as much as what the Wii U's controller was for their conferences.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Casualboy100

Keep in mind, this is a "new console" but the graphical power is still slightly less than an xbox 360 or ps3. It will still sell like hotcakes, but just allowing games to be in 720p doesn't change that much really, your lame looking nintendo 64 quality games will be less blurry.

Once i grabbed the PS move I simply couldn't go back to the wii's wrist flicking retardedness. I really hope they step up the motion detection this time around.

They did step up the motion control its true 1:1 motion plus where have you been? You are flat out wrong about the graphical power. I wish people would not post if they don't know what they are talking about...show me the link that says it weaker than PS360/Because I already posted SEVERAL that show that it has MORE power than than both. See my post above.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ahh these toys... so expensive. So .. there you have it there it is.

*uses his pc for everything, upgrades when needed, can even plug in a controller if he Wants to..*

roflconsoles..

*had to, bam!*

edit on 8-5-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

They will probably talk about the share button xD haha

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is this any good? ive got a xbox atm but i can buy one of these for £130 but im not sure if its worth it

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It is

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
You are flat out wrong about the graphical power. I wish people would not post if they don't know what they are talking about...show me the link that says it weaker than PS360/Because I already posted SEVERAL that show that it has MORE power than than both. See my post above.

It's more tricky then that. All things considered and with proper development investment, it is a good deal stronger then the ps360 twins. But in straight up terms, the older systems are easier to get high end results. The cpu is a lot slower but is OoO, making easy ports of last gen and next gen an expensive pain in the ass, something nintendo promised to be the opposite.

The philosophy behind the hardware seems to have been based off the 3DS but with a bit more future proofing. Essentially a very standard and cheap cpu/ram solution coupled with a modern gpu and feature set. 1st party titles will be on par with some ps4 and xbox4 titles, but multiplats will struggle to hover around the ps360 level. It all depends on the time, money, and effort put in.... and until nintendo shows the willingness to aggressively expand the userbase, things won't be pretty.

They should either drop the price or at least consider tuning up the gamepad. It should of came with a multi-touch screen and analogue triggers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join