It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local doctor changes healthcare: Charges monthly rate instead of Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I love this idea but unfortunately I am sure he will be shut down at some point. Where someone stated that people will be getting double billed that's just not true.

Many insurance plans cost over 100 a month per person and only cover a percentage of most services. If you are a healthy female like me then having catastrophe insurance and buying this man's monthly services would save time and money.

There is also the factor that needs to be taken into account which is that the incentive of a practitioner. In this case he has no incentive to give you poor care that will cause you to make return trips to his clinic. His best interest as a practitioner is to be a one and done. For people that have chronic illnesses or that need to be seen regularly this might be huge as he will think carefully about REAL solutions to the problems.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's a neat idea but ultimately meaningless. The doctor fee is one of the least expensive costs of health care. It's getting tests done in a hospital and getting medication that's expensive. He covers neither of those.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
About your health!
www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1679.htm
Russian warns Obama global war over - bee apocalypce - coming soon!

Obama is killing you all ..... slowly!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

This is a great idea for wealthy people who can afford to carry insurance and pay this doctors monthly fee.

Because you still need insurance for extended illnesses. This doctors monthly fee isn't going to cover major surgery, an extended hospital stay, expensive cancer treatment. This is simply a monthly fee for check ups and minor illnesses.

I think it is an ok idea, but it isn't the solution to our problems.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

I've been to a few doctors, that could not get you out of the office fast enough and it makes me mad as heck.

I just thought of something else about this doctor doing it this way.
I lost our last doctor, because I hadn't been to the doc in 3 years, so they dropped me!!!!
So, I would think, that if you were paying, basically keeping him on retainer, you wouldn't be dropped.

It would also be nice, for someone with small children. To be able to call the doctor, in the middle of the night when something happens, like an earache or such, would be comforting.

The reality is that you are paying upfront for 1 to 2 visits per month. For most people they do not need anywhere need this type of service. I would assume that any insurance claims are left for the patient to complete and file. The good doctor probably wants money out of pocket for tests, etc. and it is up to you to get reimbursed from the insurance company.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If they consider themselves a business then they should be able to price their services any way they want. Its a step toward getting rid of insurance all together. Insurance companies who are in bed with Washington. Terrible thing to think that they are going to force someone to buy healthcare. I cant help it if everyone is fat and unhealthy. If people would eat right and look at the ingredients on the box before they buy then we may not have this issue. Age after age people give up their rights for more security but IT never seems to work out in the end, so why are we still following the same damn blueprint? Ill say again the over-used phrase "WAKE UP"

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This sounded great until someone explained how it really works. Now I see the doctor is actually getting more money than he did before, which doesn't sound so altruistic after all.

I don't have private health insurance. I don't need it because I live in Australia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join