It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Forces Hit Fallujah -- The Gloves are OFF!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just as I predicted , and many others, now that the elections are over the hammer is comming down on the militants, Iraq will be free!

U.S. Forces Hit Fallujah From Air and Ground
NewsMax.com Wires
Thursday, Nov. 4, 2004
BAGHDAD, Iraq � U.S. forces pounded parts of Fallujah from the air and ground Thursday, targeting insurgents in a city where American forces were said to be gearing up for a major offensive. Three British soldiers were killed in an attack at a checkpoint in central Iraq.

Al-Jazeera television broadcast a threat by an unspecified armed group to strike oil installations and government buildings if Americans launch an all-out assault on Fallujah. The report was accompanied by a videotape showing about 20 armed men brandishing weapons, including a truck-mounted machine gun.

newsmax.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm happy your in such euphoria Ed......you do love your war don't ya!? By the way...I forget. How many of the terrorist that did 911 were Iraqi?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was watching Fox tonight and they were interviewing Marines who were preparing for the strike (apparently, this was not a stealth mission) and I have to say they made me proud with their spirit and professionalism. It's heartening to hear young people with courage and commitment speak for a change. Hanging out here can make you think that anyone under forty is a limp-wristed cry baby.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Bet you had the same damn remarks about 'nam didnt you edsinger!!

Misfit

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

limp-wristed cry baby
Bwahahahaha...you always make me laugh with your un insightfulness. There are things worth fighting for...there are times when you must lay down your life for what is right and/or just....Iraq isn't one of them.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I wonder how many thousands of civilians will be blown apart and counted as 'colateral damage', or not counted at all. This is sick, but on the upside american troops will be massacred in the small windy streets where armour cant go. With any luck they will think twice next time.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
There are things worth fighting for...there are times when you must lay down your life for what is right and/or just....Iraq isn't one of them.

So now your the foriegn policy expert. You know more than the Pentagon, the Cabinet, the CIA, the Coalition. I've been around your kind enough to know that nothing is worth fighting for except your own selfish desires and even then, if it only involves backstabbing and cutthroat tactics.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Bet you had the same damn remarks about 'nam didnt you edsinger!!

Misfit

Well no actually I didnt, I though vietnam was a good cause and if the poiticians would have stayed out of it, it would have been over. We won it military wise, just not with the folks at home calling our troops baby killers.

It is the big picture you must be aware of and by your comments, I can tell you are under 18.......no knowledge of the REASON we were there in the first place....

Ever been under a desk? Well let me rephrase that, ever been in a BOMB drill?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

There are things worth fighting for...there are times when you must lay down your life for what is right and/or just....Iraq isn't one of them.

So now your the foriegn policy expert. You know more than the Pentagon, the Cabinet, the CIA, the Coalition. I've been around your kind enough to know that nothing is worth fighting for except your own selfish desires and even then, if it only involves backstabbing and cutthroat tactics.

My my your getting close to a personal attack there sweetheart...you know nothing of me or my kind....me and my kind do not believe in lying to the general public as an excuse to go into a country and declare war....put it where the sun don't shine...now we can both get warnings...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Ever been under a desk? Well let me rephrase that, ever been in a BOMB drill?

Ever been in a mortar or rocket attack? I have and I have to tell you that's when you really feel alive. If your still young enough, I would advise any young man to go to war and learn what it really means to be free. Not everyone has that opportunity, so everyone male should take advantage of the events and causes that make life worth living.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Another hateful low blow. You're outdoing yourself tonight.
You just make me more determined, Grady, even though this was not directed at me.

link   

Ever been in a mortar or rocket attack? I have and I have to tell you that's when you really feel alive. If your still young enough, I would advise any young man to go to war and learn what it really means to be free. Not everyone has that opportunity, so everyone male should take advantage of the events and causes that make life worth living.

Thats the problem Grady, these young folks have no knowledge of what it means, they have had everything either given to them or fed to them.

I have never seen combat, and the reason was Reagan was in and countries KNEW he would use the power.

Peace through Strength.....

Trust but Verify......

Like good ol Teddy, "Walk softly but carry a big DAMN STICK"

[edit on 4-11-2004 by edsinger]

link   

Ever been in a mortar or rocket attack? I have and I have to tell you that's when you really feel alive.

Ever been tied up beaten and raped!? I have.... You are glorifying war...WTF is wrong with you people? No wonder you are so pro Bush...

link   
This isn't a video game, or some epic struggle against good and evil. It is a poorly planned occupation based upon a lie, and many fine men and women, from both sides are going to die from it.

An Iraqi official described the upcoming attack like this. I'm paraphrasing because I read it in the paper a couple of days ago.

"It's like shooting a horse to get rid of the fly on it's head. You kill the horse, and the fly, flies away."

All we are doing is creating more terrorists. Well armed terrorists.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The opportunity for a peaceful resolution between the Coalition and insurgent forces occupying Fallujah has ended.

May our forces achieve victory with a minimum of losses, may the innocent find safe refuge from the horrors of war, and may the enemy be granted the death he has chosen as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Political options have been exhausted. This is now a military matter.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

All we are doing is creating more terrorists. Well armed terrorists.

So they were just going to disappear? Do you understand their stated goals?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So how many are we going to liberate today?

Ah dammit sorry, I�m going back in time again.

Remind me where we are; is it terrorists, insurgents or what now?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Remind me where we are; is it terrorists, insurgents or what now?

Nothing as confusing as that. Now they are simply targets.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Congratulations on starting another assault to kill those you have freed. I can certainly understand why with their dying breaths they whimper; "I would rather die by American bombs than by Saddam's hand." Or is it that your bombs are merciful and seek to destroy only the guilty, a special laser guided type of weapon which seeks out good from bad?

Do save some of your euphoria for later, this is just the beginning of the carnage, and you might stop once in a while in remembrance of the fallen U.S forces at the hands of those who revenge the deaths of their own, (I fully expect you to not care about coalition troops) just to at least call the freedom fighters every guile name in the book, if not to pretend to care about your own.

Bush cannot win this, he will fall to his knees.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

We won it military wise, just not with the folks at home calling our troops baby killers.

WOW... I've been out of ATS for some time, and now I'm truly shoked at how political discussions have become so intellectually LOW!

How can you win a war "military wise" if you failed to invade the territories that you have claimed? Go read history books before saying such preposterous things. The US has retreated from the Vietnam war! They did so because the conflict was too damn bloody and expensive and the Vietcong were just too damn well organized for an expeditive victory by US troops. That war, just as the US occupying Iraq, is going nowhere else but straight to HELL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join