It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family....They will screw over you quicker than anybody.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Morning all. Protect your damn social security numbers!!!! My son who is 25 soon to turn 26 has had his ID stolen. Not by a stranger or a phisher but by his own damn Uncle! My brother! We found out last friday that my brother had turned in about $30.000 in 1099's in my son's social security number. Now the IRS say's my son owes$ 6000 in unpaid income tax and another $1.500 as a penalty. They have same name, different middle name, same middle initial.

Now my son has all this [snip] he has to do to prove he is not the one that owes this money. I mean a ton of [snip]. It is even gonna cost him $60 to send it in for tax court. Now for my brother, my son's Uncle. I hate to be the bearer of extreme bad news bro, but you have [snip] yourself bigtime. It's called Idenity theft and it;s a felony, each time the amount goes over $600 it's a felony, you mailed it back to the employer, that's mail fraud, it's a felony. So bro, your looking at about 13 to 14 felony charges to go along with the fact the IRS is been trying to find you for 15 years, I would say you sunk your own boat. Yea I know about alll the back tax you owe, you looking at prison time, "Federal pound you in the Butt Prison." I and my son arent gonna go light on you. You tried to mess it for my son not just now but way into the future. So with that being said. You are a piece of [snip] bro, as much as I want to drive over there and drag your nar-do-well self outside and beat the living hell out of you, I digress to let the authorities handle it. But and arsewhopping you have coming your way.

I hope they seize everything you have and sell it at auction. It is what you deserve. Protect your info people, sometime the criminals are a little closer that you think. Family, they will screw you over quicker than anyone.
edit on Thu May 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I have said that about family for years.

The main reason I am not close to my family anymore. Because they like most families are bad about stiking it to each other.

I feel bad for your son.

I hope they nail your brother to the wall.

I hate identity thieves.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

This is a super tough situation; my heart goes out to you and your son. Stay strong and follow through with the proof and the prosecution of your relative. Family ripping off family (to me) is worse than if it was someone else; because family you are supposed to be able to trust.

How is your son handling all of this?

I applaud you for not getting into a (physical altercation) with said Uncle; you are smart in letting the law handle it; he will do serious time in prison; plus by the way you are handling all of this is...setting a good example for your son.

Ranting here on ATS...is a good way to vent and get a lot of your anger out.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i'm there for ya and hope all goes well with your situation and i definitely feel you on this and agree 100% that family will for sure F you faster and worse than anyone else!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
yip nice guy true the old saying trust no one least of all yourself . some of my family would steal the sugar out of your tea & come back for the milk later sad man sad eh

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OP I feel your pain and agree with you 100%!

Before my father died he had set up an account for my mother's burial expenses. My brother and I were the only ones that could access the account in the event of my mothers death. My mother died and I started the funeral process only to find out that my brother and sister inlaw who after marrying my brother has the same name as me. accessed that account of my mothers and snorted it!!! I'm telling you it doesn't get any lower than that!

You can choose your friends but you can not choose your family, unfortunately.

OP I hope you and your son come through this ok and that your brother gets what he deserves.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ahhh family! When you have family who needs enemies? Especially when money is involved! My wifes brothers and sisters screwed her over when my mother in law died. My brother tried to screw me over when my father died. So I have an idea of what you are feeling. Much sympathy to you!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Stuff like this was prophesized in the bible.

I believe it's something like:

"When mothers and fathers would sell out their own flesh for money and fame"

It's also in the book of Enoch.

It marks the time of god!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I actually have a pretty good family. Sure. when kids are young, they sometimes get in a little hot water but my family is pretty honest.....
....So far..... I can't say the kids and every member always makes the right decisions, but they learn from their mistakes if they do. It's hard to bring up kids to be honest nowadays when everywhere they look there is deceit going on and deceit is a major part of our society.
edit on 8-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Now that the subject has been mentioned, I have a story of my own to tell. I have a wound to share, still raw and painful and ripe for everyone to see. A wound inflicted and thoroughly salted by none other than my own mother.

I am adopted, by two mothers. A lesbian couple kind enough to open their lives to include myself and my sister. And over the course of my life, various clashes have eroded the relationship I have (or had) with my adoptive mother. Just one of them. Skipping over all the long complicated history, I just started reconciling with her last Christmas. She was so happy with me, so pleased to see me, full of compliments and free-handed with the respect I'd wanted from her all these years. My sister wasn't so fortunate. After years of being the golden child, she started to make mistakes and was severely judged by my mother for those mistakes. My mother barely tried to be understanding. As a result, my mother wasn't invited to the wedding and doesn't recieve any letters or calls or emails from my sister anymore.

At the time, I was glad to be in her good books, glad to have my mother back with me in some sense. But then...Facebook happened. Yes, Facebook.

You see, if anyone were to walk into your house, griping and moaning about your activities in the confines of your personal domain, you would tell them to take a hike, right? So I did. I told my mother to take a hike, that some of the stuff she posted and shared wasn't to my liking either, but that I'd never made a big deal about it. And it's true. I'd never said a word - until she started with me. But then she gets all huffy and stops talking to me. At the request of my other mother, I deleted everything and let the woman stew. Maybe she would cool down, maybe not. Either way, I had to give it time.

Fast forward a few weeks. A family member dies, and I text my other mother asking why I wasn't informed sooner. It was apparently being kept secret to avoid drama. But see, this was exactly the sort of thing my mother had always fought with me about. A lie is a lie, no matter what. You omit something, you lied. You even mistakenly forgot to mention something, you lied until you convince her otherwise. So I turned it on her. And it backfired. Immensely. Eight or nine texts, filled with nothing but contempt and invective. Terrible, terrible things. Saying she had never ever trusted me, that I had caused absolute chaos in the family, that I had made her look bad, and that my immaturity and dishonesty made her question our relationship to the point that she wasn't sure she even wanted one anymore. I asked her if she wanted me. She asked if I had anything to say regarding my actions. When I pressed the question, she stopped answering. I mean, if she doesn't want me as a son, then why even try? Why even fight to be in her life if she doesn't want me there?

Conclusion: I'm no longer certain if I am even considered her son. Few people in the family have any respect for me, and they really aren't concerned if they don't hear from me for months at a time. I have done my best to reconcile, but my best isn't enough unless it includes getting on my hands and knees and debasing myself for the appeasement of the one woman in my life who has infuriated me beyond reasoning.

The one woman who claimed to love me, but showed nothing but disdain. I appreciate my mother for everything she has done, but in the end, she has proven herself to be a royal b****. And if she chooses her narcissistic ways over my relationship with her, then I have plenty of friends where I live whom I consider to be far better family than she ever was. I was her pet puppy, and like a lot of dog owners, I just wasn't as fun after I grew up and got a will of my own.

Sorry for the long rant, but it's all still fresh in my mind, and I often wonder what I could have done differently, what I was willing to do, besides sacrifice every shred of self respect for her approval. It was either let her hate me, or hate myself. Because the whole time she was so pleased with me, it was because I was behaving like Joe Schmoe, completely unremarkable, as bland and generic as the average factory model male walking down the street in sneakers and jeans. And the reason she barked at me about my Facebook is because I was actually myself there. I wasn't filtering, wasn't diluting. I was myself. And she hated it.

So I've come to the conclusion that she just doesn't like me for me. And that's the worst of it. The one person who is supposed to support me no matter what, and she can't stand who I am. It makes me wonder who I really can count on. It's crap like this that ruins a man's ability to ever have a relationship with anyone. Who can you trust? Who can you really be yourself with? How far can you let yourself go? How much do you let them in? Are they going to hurt you? What signs should you be looking for?

I heard somewhere that you should never let anyone take away your ability to trust the people you love. But I guess the better question is - how do you love when you can't trust?

Thanks for reading.
edit on 8-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sorry for your situation and that of your son's.....

I had a family member....a very close family member that I helped more times than I can count, hurt me and my son in a pretty scummy way.

This family member had been living with me after a stint in prison because he honestly had nowhere else to go and I have a huge heart and couldn't live with myself if he ended up on the streets.

Long story short, he was aware that my son had a pretty large piggy bank full of dollar bills and mostly quarters and dimes.

So, he decides one day to break into my house while I was at work and steal the piggy bank.

He stole a piggy bank from a 2 year old!

This was my baby brother.....that I helped raise with my older sister after our parents passed away. It broke my heart.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Time to kick butt! Don't let him get away with it!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Insane. It happens to many people that live a life on welfare. Parents take out credit on their children to get basic services hooked up. Then the children suffer for life.

I just don't know how these people look in the mirror or sleep soundly. I'm not sure what I would do in your position, but it would not be pretty. Your sentiments echo a very upset man and you have every right to feel that way.

Man....that's a tough position your in. Hang in there.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My own mother did this to me. I have been saying for years that parents should never be given their child social security number. When someone turns 18 they should be able to apply for the number themselves.

I fought tooth and nail, but because the witch went and offed herself before I ever knew what she had done there was nothing I could do. I was told that to clear up your credit someone has to be charged. The police informed me that you can't press charges against a dead person.

I was responsible for everything. Years later and I am still trying to build my credit via secured cards.

Mods:even through editing I can seem to fix this

-
edit on 8-5-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

That is so freaking sad. Do you hold those responsible for their egregious actions and do you get any money from them? How awful.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Unfortunately, there is no way to hold someone responsible for their actions who is dead. I never received any money from her.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I'm sorry for all your losses. All you can do is look up at this point. Wish you the best.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Family, you love them then they stab you in the back. Always have.
edit on 9-5-2013 by shelbylcollins because: spelling mistake

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Make sure you follow through with this. i feel your pain i also have the same believe that your family will screw you over before a stranger anymore. Wile i was raising a family of my own of 5 and my brother single. He needed some money and never paid back. Me and my brother owned a camper and a lot at a campground i put it in my mothers name. I figured that way it was safe from my brother to be able to sell my 1/2 from under my feet. Well it turns out i found out where my brother gets it from. my mother sold it from under me and gave me 400$?? lot and camper sold for 7,000. I have since then pulled myself away from that part of my family. It is hard sometimes, But i know its for the best.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by St0mP121

Oh. We are following through. You should see the pile of papers my son has to fill out. Family is family. It is what it is. I have always said to whoever would listen. You love your family, but at the same time you don't like the person. It's ok to love your brother, it's also ok to not like the person they turned out to be. I love my brothers & sisters, but I dont "like" any of them. I'm the youngest of six and the black sheep. And will till they all pass away , suffer from "perpetual little brother syndrome". As in I will never be as smart as any of them, according to them.

This very same brother back when I was 18, took me for truck I had bought with my tax check. It needed a new front end, I could not afford it. So I drove it any ways. A man at our work, (we both worked at same electrical contractor) fell in love with that old truck, allways wanted to buy it. So my brother, bought a new front end for the truck, we me not knowing. Truck broke, brother offered me about half of what it was worth. I needed the money. He bought it, put new front end on it, and sold it for about 5 times what he paid, he sold it for more than I paid originally, I found out later that he knew this particular truck was special.

It was a Ford F 100 made in Canada, had a 7' bed on it, in USA there either 6' or 8' I found that Ford folks coveted these old trucks. I would say he rooked me for about,$1900. Also lost one of my firearms, at least that's the story he told. SorrI got long windedm wish I had not have even checked this damn thread now I'm all pissed of again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join