France confirms first case of new SARS-related virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

France confirms first case of new SARS-related virus

www.detroitnews.com< br />

France on Wednesday reported its first case of a new respiratory virus related to SARS, in a traveler returning from the United Arab Emirates.

The French Health Ministry said in a statement Wednesday that the person is hospitalized in isolation and is under medical surveillance in an undisclosed location. It says Paris' Pasteur Institute analyzed the virus and confirmed that it is a novel coronavirus, the first such case in France.

The ministry said the patient is a French citizen, but would not immediately divulge the patient's gender or age or any details. Health Minister Marisol Tou
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
CDC Warns of Deadly New Virus (coronavirus,)
99.5% similar SARS virus variant now under WHO surveillance

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I was traveling in Ontario during the SARS epidemic of 2003 and certainly remember the media hype surrounding it.

Hopefully this strain of coronavirus does not have a high infection/death ratio. It can cause acute pneumonia and kidney failure. Out of 24 cases, 16 of them have died since September 2012.

So far all the cases have been in the Middle East or people who have visited the region but this is the first confirmed case in Europe that I am aware of other than a couple cases in the UK in people who had traveled to the Middle East.

I don't want to fear monger but if this were to mutate it could turn out be very serious considering the high death rate so far. Experts believe that bats and camels may be the main source of infection, let's hope that human to human infection does not become an issue. It certainly appears to be spreading on a potentially global scale.

They are expected to hold a press conference later today to provide more details.

www.detroitnews.com< br />
visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ah yes I remember SARS, and more recently swine flu. Well, experts have been warning us for years about a plague eventually dropping our numbers down considerably. Is this it? Are we just lucky it hasn't happened yet?
edit on 8-5-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I am stuck on the fence.

Part of me believes this could be an actual worthy cause of concern, but part of me also believes this could be to cause fear and panic which may lead to travel restrictions, city/airport shutdowns, and of course perhaps a new vaccine?

This is all speculation on my behalf but those are the two most plausible possibilities in my opinion when I consider all scenarios.

No matter which one it is, the media will have a field day with this for sure regardless if it's the real deal or not as they never let these types of stories go to waste due to the potential shock value and ratings that they provide.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
For people who may not know that much about SARS...here is a link to a very informative article:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Whoever that person is in France I feel for them; they must be so scared; no matter what anyone's spiritual belief system is...please say a prayer for this individual.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you for the informative link about SARS

From what I can tell (in no way am I an expert in these matters), this new virus seems to be worse than the previous SARS virus from 2003 as it can cause kidney failure which is very serious, not to take away from the severity of the other symptoms such sa pneumonia which can also lead to many other complications.

Let's just hope this does not become contagious from human to human like SARS did.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

While seemingly less contagious than the 2003 version, it DOES seem to be spreading through person-to-person contact.

From the article

It does not appear to be as contagious as SARS or the flu, but it has probably spread between people who had close contact. It seems to have spread among family members in Britain and in health workers in Jordan who were caring for patients, for example.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I saw that as well but it was not conclusive, only probable.

Thankfully it currently is less contagious because it does seem to be more dangerous according to the potential symptoms and death ratio so far.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am pretty sure these new strains don't self-mutate as it has been left for people to think so. It seems like biowarfare to me plain and simple. Initially its no big deal and they blow it out of porportion to desensitise everyone till the ptb decide the time for depopulation is approaching. Its like crying wolf a few too many times and people say "ah no big deal".

Same thing with nuclear weapons. "so what we had them for many decades, its no big deal". The fact such crap exists to be used against other humans scares the # out of me and disgusts me at the same time. We should be exploring the solar sytem and creating new colonies not fighting each other.

Humans remain primitive warmongers because some people want it that way. No wonder people don't trust governments and think they are corrupt. It is because they ARE corrupt!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I am pretty sure these new strains don't self-mutate as it has been left for people to think so. It seems like biowarfare to me plain and simple. Initially its no big deal and they blow it out of porportion to desensitise everyone till the ptb decide the time for depopulation is approaching. Its like crying wolf a few too many times and people say "ah no big deal".

Same thing with nuclear weapons. "so what we had them for many decades, its no big deal". The fact such crap exists to be used against other humans scares the # out of me and disgusts me at the same time. We should be exploring the solar sytem and creating new colonies not fighting each other.

Humans remain primitive warmongers because some people want it that way. No wonder people don't trust governments and think they are corrupt. It is because they ARE corrupt!!

Project Salt Vault (you couldn't make this up - Source: www.lutins.org...)
After experimenting with disposal of radioactive waste in salt, the Atomic Energy Commission announced that "Project Salt Vault" would solve the waste problem. But when 180,000 gallons of contaminated water was pumped into a borehole; it promptly and unexpectedly disappeared. The project was abandoned two years later.

That would have been a geologists dream - trace the flow of radioactive water through the sediment layers.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I detect a new reason for .gov and pharma to colloborate on a new profitable vaccine we all need

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Evidence shows SARS was created in a lab. Just like the new bird flu strain was made in a lab. Chinese scientists are creating new strains of influenza.

Chinese Scientists Creating New Strains of Influenza
edit on 8-5-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Wow, I have never come across this information yet. Thanks for sharing. I really hope the information in that article is untrue or at the very least exaggerated.

Regrettably it's probably true

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Wow scary one thing after another, I remember the swine flu all to well, I had it and I was sick for a month no joke was the worst thing I could have gone through. Now I have had pneumonia before and was very sick but the swine flu was something else I couldn't breathe coughing up thick black looking stuff, hot and cold sweats no energy very similar to pneumonia though but it felt worse a lot worse. I hope these out breaks stay localized etc and don't spread around as I would not like to come in contact with one of these super bugs again.
Thanks for the update OP
S&F

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We must immediately ban camels and bats! Do it for the children.

On topic, disease is the only way the Elite can wipe out most of humanity without contaminating the surface of the planet for 10,000 years. Watch for a pandemic soon, it is part of Revelation after all.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
No No we are SAVING bats!
The camel problem youll have to take up with the tobacco company.....

I say its very likely Lab created ........we are beyond able to war wityh weapons because of MAD....
These are logical projections of power in the 21st Century....
They are stealthy.....
Untraceable
deadly as the breeder desires
foolproof if you have the vaccine.....
definately eugenic materials...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was told SARS killed hundreds of thousands of people in China but the chinese government kept it hushed up, if you see how the government acted afterwards by threatening anyone who had the virus with the death penalty if they were caught outside there quarantine area then them telling us only 271 people died seems a little harsh.

If an epidemic does break out apparently the onion draws in all bacteria and if the haven't banned it in your country yet get some food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide this should protect you.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
When I first glanced at this thread I thought it was that bird flu from China (with its 20% mortality rate) but it isn't - so dodged that bullet.

When it comes to these diseases, I always look at it's ability to transfer from human to human and its mortality rate.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I think its something to be concerned with.

Pandemics can happen at any time. I just don't want to be around it when it happens.

S&F

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Pandemics honestly freak me out, mainly, because I'm horrible with touching my face with my hands in public... I don't know if we (the world) is prepared for a true outbreak, I honestly believe it would be handled poorly. Its easy to quarantine 3rd world, I don't know if it would be so easy in major urban areas...

Scary stuff for sure...

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join