It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Guard Hans Lipschis, 93, Arrested For Wartime Crimes In Auschwitz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Nazi Guard Hans Lipschis, 93, Arrested For Wartime Crimes In Auschwitz

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk

A 93-year-old man, allegedly a former guard at Auschwitz extermination camp during the Holocaust, has been arrested in Germany.

Hans Lipschis, the world's fourth most wanted 'Nazi', was arrested in Aalen, charged with being complicit in murder as a member of the Waffen SS at the camp in occupied Poland. Lipschis claims he was a cook at the camp..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com[/ url]
[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/hans-lipschis-nazi-who-served-1873212]www.mirror.co.uk

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, just goes to show you it's never too late for justice when you really want it.

At 93 years old he probably thought he was home and dry, and for all his war crimes he would answer only to god.

He lived in between 1956 and 1983, when he was discovered and expelled from the USA.

I hope George Bush has read this article.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk
edit on 8-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Good they got him and I imagine hes around the last of em.

I suppose they'll have to start targeting the Hitler Youth kids now for something to do if they want to keep the Simon Wiesenthal Center open.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
For those of you not familiar with Hans Lipschis, he is one of 49 SS officers still known to be on the run since the end of WW2.

Justice may have been too slow in coming for many of the inmates who survived, but have now died, but this is something their granchildren will watch with smiles on their faces.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Its all about the money now really.

They are running out of Nazi's to hunt but they still want your donations.

Here is the famous Nazi hunter Simon and the site where you give as much as 10,000 or more to support their hunt.

www.kintera.org...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF
[SNIP]

I quite agree, Hans probably doesn't know he's Hans...

However this is twofold, it's being done to punish him for what he did, and more importantly its sending a message to the ones that are left - you'll be looking over your shoulder until they nail the coffin down.

The Weisenthal centre does a great job, probably with a lot of help from mossad.

It's a shame the world doesn't pursue all war criminals with such dedication, mentioning no names...

edit on 8-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Hmmm ! I'm not sure what arresting a man of 93 serves.

Justice being seen to be done, without any statute of limitation. Yes, this is true.

He was probably acting under orders, and if he committed any war crimes, he has had to live with the guilt of it, all these years.

This must surely have been a far greater punishment than locking him up now can ever achieve....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
While they're at it, they should throw Bush, Cheney, Obama, Holder, Bibi, and Tony Blair in prison.

After all, they've committed war-crimes.

OH! That's right... they aren't the terrorists. The ones who exposed their crimes are.

But by golly that's quite alright because they done arrested one of dem Nazi's!

(My point here is that a man who committed atrocities to innocents in the 40's is no different than a man who commits them today. Now before I hear, "well Obama and/or Bush didn't single-handedly cause Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria/etc," well this Nazi scum didn't single-handedly start WWII and the Holocaust.)

Every person that has helped in full conscience effort in these despicable atrocities need to be brought to light and exposed. It doesn't mean a damn thing whether or not it was in the 20's, 40's, 80's, yesterday, or tomorrow. These people are murderers, their actions fueled by greed and power have resulted in the spilled blood of hundreds of thousands world-wide. There is no justice here. Just one man, that's it.

Seriously, where's the justice in that some war-criminals are arrested while some walk free? Does that make any sense to anyone?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
EDIT: NM
edit on 8-5-2013 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF
Whats the point, he is 93 years old......

Noramlly I would most liekly agree... However there is a greater point to this activity and prosecution... Failure to act in circumstances like this allows for the possibility it could occur again. When people see others being sought out, arrested, charge and tried, it sends a strong message that its no more tolerable today than it was 60 years.

Just because a war ends does not mean justice should be ignored, especially to those people who lost loved ones in those camps and need some type of closure.

Maybe if the people of the world united and decided to eliminate war, disease and poverty, ignorance, stereotypes etc etc etc, we would not be having conversation about war crimes and when prosecution seems irrelevent.

just my 3 cents (no offense or anyhting.. not taking my opinion out on you)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Not even two pages deep and already too much ignorance to even begin to address.

I fear for this world in which I was thrust.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
do the crime do the time is my moto i feel sorry for the peoples lives this mans actions has affected most people are looking at it like this only affects people from WWII era but just think how his grand kids and great grand kids must feel to find out there grandfather was a murderous psychopath thats gotta be damaging to there mental health.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sooner or later God'll cut you down.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Well, just goes to show you it's never too late for justice when you really want it.

At 93 years old he probably thought he was home and dry, and for all his war crimes he would answer only to god.

He lived in between 1956 and 1983, when he was discovered and expelled from the USA.

I hope George Bush has read this article.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk
edit on 8-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

The above should say he lived in Chicago, until he was busted in 1983.
Speed typing is not my thing...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
do the crime do the time is my moto i feel sorry for the peoples lives this mans actions has affected most people are looking at it like this only affects people from WWII era but just think how his grand kids and great grand kids must feel to find out there grandfather was a murderous psychopath thats gotta be damaging to there mental health.

so again, maybe it would have been better to let the whole thing go ages ago so that those grandkids and great grandkids were allowed to get on with a full life. What good is it to make them stained because of past generations transgressions. Hey, maybe one of them is mentally on the edge and on hearing this decides to go find those that hunted down their grandfather and slice their throat. Now that would be the epitome of irony.

It's as bad as aborig people in australia wanting people of today to say sorry for what the people from the first fleet did. Guess what, go take a long run on a short pier, I didn't do it to you so piss off and to try and tar future generations with mud is pathetic.

Those events are over, gone, past. Let it be. By the way, I also lost relatives to the crouts in WW2. sliced and diced. And one in the pacific by the Japs. Neither was pretty, but it's OVER!!!!!!!!
edit on 8-5-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: afterthought

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe

Originally posted by pez1975

so again, maybe it would have been better to let the whole thing go ages ago so that those grandkids and great grandkids were allowed to get on with a full life. What good is it to make them stained because of past generations transgressions. Hey, maybe one of them is mentally on the edge and on hearing this decides to go find those that hunted down their grandfather and slice their throat. Now that would be the epitome of irony.

It's as bad as aborig people in australia wanting people of today to say sorry for what the people from the first fleet did. Guess what, go take a long run on a short pier, I didn't do it to you so piss off and to try and tar future generations with mud is pathetic.

Those events are over, gone, past. Let it be. By the way, I also lost relatives to the crouts in WW2. sliced and diced. And one in the pacific by the Japs. Neither was pretty, but it's OVER!!!!!!!!
edit on 8-5-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: afterthought

Sorry but i have to hugley disagree with you, this is not the same thing as "Aborig" people in australia wanting people of today to say sorry for something done to them two hundered years ago... to compare the two is simply idiotic, the man in question is a war criminal, it wasnt his grand parents or great grand parent, he IS awar criminal,

by your logic, if somone in any country killed some people under the orders of someone else, as long as they manage to avoid capture for 60 years + they dont need to be held accountable for there crimes??

thats the most backwards view i have ever heard...

furthermore, the grandchildren of this man should be made aware of his actions as should the rest of the world,

if you spend any amount of time online or talking to mass uneducated in the world, they seem to have a very very very jaded view of how the war occured, of who was on who's side, of who "saved" who in the war and of what actual crimes were commint across ALOT of the world....(but all that is for another thread)

these people have to remain in the public eye untill we know they are all dead, or when have found them all....

if we forget history we shall repeat it.
edit on 8-5-2013 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2013 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
While they're at it, they should throw Bush, Cheney, Obama, Holder, Bibi, and Tony Blair in prison.

(My point here is that a man who committed atrocities to innocents in the 40's is no different than a man who commits them today. Now before I hear, "well Obama and/or Bush didn't single-handedly cause Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria/etc," well this Nazi scum didn't single-handedly start WWII and the Holocaust.)

Seriously, where's the justice in that some war-criminals are arrested while some walk free? Does that make any sense to anyone?

Do you believe that Bush Cheney,Blair etc will ever be indicted for war crimes?,no neither do I,why?,I was under the impression that the war crimes tribunal could be convened to try those accused of war crimes whatever their nationality?,of course,the erstwhile gentlemen noted in your list did not"lose"their illegal wars/campaigns and it wouldn't be on for war crimes tribunals to be convened to try those who virtually OWN the war crimes process,would it?.
Unfortunately today's major players in the war crimes department will throw up their collective hands in horror, when an incident involving one of their country;s troops on the ground comes to light, and will basically hang the scapegoat out to dry,that would show the international community that their hands are clean right?
I understand the desire for justice from those who suffered under the Nazi's,and could they have got their hands on the major players like Hitler,Himmler and Mengele,for example,that would have been an exhibition of true justice.
However they didn;t and now have to contnet themselves with the occasional arrest of one of the foot soldiers,
Well,here and now,we have the opportunity to "bag"the major perpetrators of many loathsome and insidious illegal wars and conflicts,if we truly HAVE learned the lessons of History,they ought to now be heading out to the Hague in chains.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

I agree with you, they should be held accountable,

but surley that is an argument for another thread, these men (Nazi war criminals) have been on the international wanted list since the mid 40's

they should still be held accountable for there actions...

as far as our modern, dignified suite wear "good guy" war criminals go, they will only be held accountable for there actions once there friends are not in power.... much the same as the Nazi's could do what they want untill there friends were kicked out of being in control (if you follow me, essentially we are still living under that regime in some form or another, sadly the people in charge dont ever hold there own accoutnable for things they have done, its only when there is a shift in leadership)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join