It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Such Thing As ACCIDENTS !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

No Such Thing As ACCIDENTS !! Not If They Are Avoidable

People are so quick to use the word "ACCIDENT" when referring to events that occur daily.

I maintain that there is no such thing.

They happen because of bad judgement decisions.

The car, the gun, the hospital, the school yard playground, etc.

Call them what the are; STUPID FREE WILL CHOICES.

Babies have accidents.

Driving down the road being distracted by your radio, best friend texting you, wife screaming at you on the cell phone, making a business transaction by blue tooth, putting your make-up on, those 10 beers you had before you got in the car, the drugs you did before you got in the car, speeding and tailgating are not accidental...they were/are on purpose FREE WILL decisions that led/lead to a family of 4 being killed (one possible scenario).

The decisions we make that affect others lives are not accidents. The "ACCIDENT" is only the beginning to the immense pain and suffering by all those involved.

The lady who was so vain she decided plastic surgery would be a smart choice and dies. Is that an accident. No.

The parent who is supervising the child at the playground and not paying attention while the child decides to swing one handed from a monkey bar and crashes to the ground breaking their arm and sustaining a head injury that requires medical attention. No.

The parent who leaves a loaded weapon where it is accessible to a curious child/teen only to come home from work one day to find that child/teen had located said weapon and discharged it "ACCIDENTALLY" killing a friend or shooting themselves. No.

None of these incidents are "ACCIDENTS". They do, however, all have consequences from free will choices made by more than one individual at any given time. It usually takes more than one person to be involved for there to be an "ACCIDENT" of any kind, but individual decisions have to occur first.

I have "ACCIDENTALLY" cut myself with a knife, smashed my finger with a hammer, dropped a plate of food, hurt my back lifting something heavy, received tickets( though two in 25 years), been electrified from a light switch, fell off a roof, been hit in the head with a board, rear-ended in 2 car wrecks by people on cell phones, given an infection that almost killed me in a hospital from poor sanitation/sterilization procedures, 7 knee surgeries from various incidents and I can say without a doubt they were all avoidable and in no way were they "ACCIDENTAL".

Call them "ON PURPOSES" because that is what they are.

Soul

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What about the person on the other end of a head on collision by a drunk driver?? Is that an "on purpose" also?
In my books that's an accident..an avoidable tragic accident...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

You might keep in mind that humans are accident prone by nature.

Though you are right that allot of accidents are avoidable. Just not all of them.

Think about this. .. . If you tell someone "DO NOT PUSH THE RED BUTTON", what do you suppose they are going to do? That is something that is completely avoidable, yet there is going to be a hell of an urge to push that damn button. It is just human nature.

Furthermore, psychologically speaking, if you tell someone Not to have an accident, you better bet they are going to be More Inclined to have one.

Not all accidents are perpetrated through negligence. How about the guy driving down the street and has a Massive Coronary and dies with his foot mashing the accelerator through the floor. Is that an "On Purpose" too?
edit on 8-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I guess when I tripped and fell down the stairs...I did that on purpose

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
what he/she states is that for all actions someone should be responsible for.

yes this is true and a common sense
but common sense no longer exists

to reinstate the common sense remove the warning labels from all the products and let the nature deal with stupidity

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's still an accident if it was unintentional, regardless of why it happened.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

If human beings were perfect, then they wouldn't make mistakes and bad judgments and there would be no accidents. But they aren't. People are fallible and make mistakes. Then there are accidents. Making a mistake isn't something that should be "charged" against a person. Willful negligence? Yes, someone is accountable. But accidents do happen, because we aren't perfect and stuff happens.

Accidents are part of being human.... as is compassion for those who have them.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yeah, that damn deer was distracted, ran right in front of me. We should not let deers text and run.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

There is no such thing as an accident -if it happened, it was supposed to happen.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Just tossing this out there.... Everything is going according to plan. Everything happens for a reason, even when that reason is "Impossible" for the individual's to see.

So relax everyone, it's all happening the way it's supposed to

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I prefer to call it...

Willfully ignorant

join