It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by buster2010

Is this really news? A man who has done nothing but deny God's existence and, now he is speaking out against Israel in support of the Palestinians this is "news worthy" to you? No he is not anti Semitic he is anti Christ.
Pax

Wow!! I nearly choked laughing at that

Not believing in a supernatural being does not make him the "Anti Christ"

Please go back and re read what I said and not your interpretation. I specifically left out the word "The" and put a space between "anti and Christ" I never said he was "The AntiChrist" I said he was Anti i.e. against Christ. By words of his own admission. He denies God's existence. Hard to be for something you don't believe in. Meaning if you you are not for something you are against it!

He would not argue with me why are you.

Many show what they are by their actions. There are many atheists that behave like they are angelic even on this planet with all it's dualities and there are many people who are very religious and say they love god, but are very demonic, egoistic and destructive in their behaviour. If Stephen Hawkings have not gotten a relationship with the spiritual side of reality is that not god:s fault. God can make itself known if it stops playing hide and seek, but do seldom since there is the bigger picture to think about. I know that by experiance.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I wouldn't say it's out of proportion, since thousands of rocket and suicide attacks have been launched at Israel, but I will say that cultural and religious and historical factors are impeding progress towards a peaceful resolution. It's like a giant iceberg blocking a shipping lane.

Gaza is TINY. Israel is also very small; smaller than the biggest 47 US states. Gaza is "tinier" than most US counties, at only 139 sq miles. However, the population in GAZA is extreme. It has the seventh highest population growth rate in the world. If Gaza was considered a country, it would have hte highest density in the world; i checked this a while back and I cannot confirm this.

So Gaza is -almost- like a prison, in terms of its size and population density, but without it officially being named. And when you consider the religious and cultural differences between itself and Israel, one wonders why it's any surprise to anybody that conflict or disorder is the result.
edit on 8-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by UnBreakable
How dare you talk about Palestinians using children and women as human shields and hiding weapons in schools and mosques. Israel is the bad one, making those people act the the inhuman animals they really are. Why doesn't Egypt or Saudi Arabia give them a little sliver of sand to live on? Because guess what, the rest of the ME doesn't like the Palestinians either but only uses them as an excuse to hate on Israel.

Do you truly want me to tell you why I DARE?

It's only because of the TRUTH, and truth fears nothing.

You can hate jews all you want and worship the Shia Hizbollah misled Hamas all you want, and while it, why not ask your kind 'benefactor', the Supreme Apostate Khomenei of Persia, to give up a parcel of his land if he truly 'LOVES' palestinians, and not used them as cannon fodder against Israel to cunningly unite all muslims so that the majority Sunnis can STUPIDLY be manipulated to killed and be killed as terrorists, espacially the later respected PLO and its sadly recognised Persian lapdog Hamas?

Fortunately, the awakened Meeshal had returned from Iran in disgust. May his disgust of being foolishly used for decades be real, or the entire Sunni majority is gonna spit on him and label him a traitor for sacrificing innocent sunni palestinian children to keep that persian apostate in power, free and hungry to complete his nuke program to make ALL sunnis bow to him.

The sacriledge upon the holy city of Mecca spilt with bloodshed by the hardcore elements within muslim brotherhood and funded by Khamenei's predeccessor - Khomeni - will never be forgotten or forgiven. Only Allah can do that but there is no more divine messenger sent, as prophet Muhammad had warned. What you see in Syria today and its revelation of Persia's unravelling of its true intentions to sunnis and Islam is plain to see.

Know who your true enemy is, and who even hides here and insidiously name others as israeli counter intelligence agents. Palestinians had been fooled by the persian apostate and his lapdogs long enough.

As for Hawkings, I can only hope that it is his works on theoratical physics that is admired by muslims, as Islam stands for progress, and not because Hawkings is an avowed atheist who deny the existance of Allah, let alone prophet Muhammad.

Regardless if Hawkings attend or not, he is just another equal human and NOT the MOST intellligent man on Earth or Allah. There is only ONE GOD.

Allah Akbar!
edit on 8-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

It was a sarcastic agreement with your original post. I fully agree with you. I should've been more explicit.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Glad to see Israeli counterintelligence is at work already in this thread. I mean, they have entire handbooks on how to side track, derail and discredit people with anti-Israeli viewpoints.

Like I've said before, if someone is ardently defending Israel, check when they joined ATS. If they're pretty new, click on their name to see what topics they have been posting in. If they have been posting mainly in topics that have to with Palestine or Israeli interests -- bingo!

They're really not hard to spot, I think we can even put them on an "ignore" list so we don't have to even see their posts.

So in other words if people don't agree with your POV, then they're "Israeli counterintelligence" to be put on the ignore list.

What do you consider "pretty new"? I've been a member for 8+ years and am defending Israel. And for the record, I'm not Jewish.
edit on 8-5-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
man, whatever is under temple mount must be big, because this is potentially the longest war in written history.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

He's angry at God. Why wouldn't he also be angry with the Jews. There you go. Nothing new here.

So what if he is angry. He has every right to be angry. Being annoyed for being dealt a crappy deal is only natural and there is no sin in it.

I believe in god but think the Israel poleticians are more or less insane and should all be locked up in an insane assylum for life and are in fact traitors to everything that is to being a human and doing the right thing.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by opalport
reply to post by paxnatus

Not really up to him to prove that God does or does not exist. Simply not believing in such, or simply defining God in one's own terms, is good enough to say one has their own opinion on what the world classifies as divine.

In other words, Christ is not the only perspective on the existence of divine things, and there are many more religions than the Abrahamic/Islamic ones to refer to in terms of divine and relationship things.

If it were my guess, none of them have it right because they claim to be correct in the first place.

. You cannot know the truth that is, if you do not know everything including all views on everything.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
didya ever stop to ask yourself why the democrats, which most of the jewish population in america is (democrarts i mean), are supportive of islam and its institutions here in the usa?

prepare yourselves, this is not an anti-israeli post. this is gonna be about the obvious, that everyone seems to miss because we're so embroiled in racial and religious/non-religious world views.

what if the leaders of the nations, like the usa, european nations, arabic nations, israel, india, china, japan and so on, are actually all the best of friends, and all this drama we see unfolding is just the movement of their pawns around the board for the purpose of collecting the wealth and livelihoods of their citizens, regardless of race, religion or political platform? it really makes no sense otherwise. this is all a big ruse and people like mr.hawking are just pawns that lend it credibility.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Look:
en.wikipedia.org - List of Palestinian suicide attacks...
en.wikipedia.org - Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel...

Just a small sampling of WHY Israel acts/reacts/preempts like a madman.

You've got to know that many of Israel's most densely populated areas are within range of palestinian territory and they're greatly afraid of not having the means to thwart it. Would you like to live in an area where rocket attacks from an outspoken enemy could happen at any time?

HOWEVER, you're correct that Israel does not help this situation by encircling palestinians with walls and checkpoints and armed military troops and treating everybody like dirt. Their construction of illegal settlements in the West Bank is just a response to the security threat exerted on them by the West Bank. It was of their own volition and the UN has deplored it, but it's hard to blame them for attempting to protect their national security by entering the West Bank and making an excuse to build checkpoints and roads and military areas to closely monitor what's going on there.

The problem is complex. Wars plague the region. If you examine history, the area where the Gaza Strip is located has seen many wars over the past 1000 years.

AS I stated in my last post, the Gaza Strip can be considered a prison.

And all of this is happening in an area smaller than each of the top 42 largest US states. This includes the Gaza Strip, Israel and the West Bank. It's remarkable how much noise it makes!
edit on 8-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
He's angry at God. Why wouldn't he also be angry with the Jews. There you go. Nothing new here.

Why shall Stephen Hawking be angry with God. How do you know?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
make no mistake, israel was made to be broken.
hawking is part of the establishment and is now towing the line the 'party' wants him to.

expect main stream israeli connections to be made to 9/11 in the near future.

but don't forget that it is all theatre.
and try to remember that 9/11 was a fakery extravaganza.

this is all longsince scripted in advance. make no bones about it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
make no mistake, israel was made to be broken.
hawking is part of the establishment and is now towing the line the 'party' wants him to.

expect main stream israeli connections to be made to 9/11 in the near future.

but don't forget that it is all theatre.
and try to remember that 9/11 was a fakery extravaganza.

this is all longsince scripted in advance. make no bones about it.

my thoughts exactly. but who is leading the scripters? anybody/anything in particular?
or is it just a loosely joined group of conspirators?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary29
This is excellent propaganda for the BDS movement, and like most propaganda the actual truth is somewhat different. A spokesman for Prof. Hawkings at Cambridge University has denied that he's boycotting Israel. The real reason he declined the invite is for health reasons, his doctor has advised him not to fly.

www.thecommentator.com...

You basically called one thing propaganda and then linked to a sketchy as heck "news" website which is basically a political pundit site (iow, preference towards reporting opinions instead of just news sans opinion) and is flip flopping wildly on the subject. They've already retracted the article you linked: www.thecommentator.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

A good misdirection for a person who believe the propaganda they are being told by news. 10 years ago I was a supporter of Israel. Today I know to much to believe those miss directions. There is no longer any excuse. Israel should leave the occupied territories and let there be a two state solution. If they do not then they are just like the nazis. In need of Lebensraum. The victims creating the biggest concentration camp the world have seen. The defense argument hold no merit as long as Israel is a occupying force.

Iraq was thrown out of Kuwait and by the same logic Israel should be thrown out but for US and Israel occupation is right but by any other country it is wrong. Hypocrisy at it's best.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by LightAssassin

Oh dear lord.

Firstly, not all Palestinians are religious. Per capita, there are more atheists amongst Palestinians than anywhere else in the Arab world.

Secondly, you have disastrously misunderstood my explanations which reference religion. Perhaps you should read over them more clearly before you make a clown of yourself by thinking religion has been brought into the conversation, as opposed to being used as an example for a psychological phenomena. But then again, one wonders if the people who post here would even recognize the difference.

As for Hawking. When a preeminent scientist shares his view about God and religion, that is a POLITICAL action whether you understand it or not. Peoples opinions are swayed by that action; support is lent to other popular atheists who also boradcast their atheism.

This recent action of Hawking is, contrary to your naive assumption, a calculated decision of Hawkings.

Relax their bubba.. I totally agree with all your posts. But the way you rant towards your readers because they didn't understand your point.... We're on the receiving end of your post, its no ego shame if your writing may have led a few astray. Relax and keep posting, I'm digging your responses....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

This is the same who considers himself an authority on whether God exists or not.

I see it more as himself giving his point of view on a subject he is often asked about as are all people considered to be of above ordinary intelligence. he has a right to his opinions without people who call themselves christian being his judge.
You all speak as though you know this man. if you are not a family member or close friend you know nothing of him except his public career.

What happened to JUDGE NOT?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I'm surprised most of you aren't upset with the man.

He basically has one foot in the grave so now feels its ok to speak out against Israel?

You don't find it malicious that he kept quiet for all these years and waits until the end to speak out?

Guess he's smart enough to know how to work the system to his advantage until he no longer needs it.

??? he decided to respect an ongoing boycott by others...pretty simple and clear.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Hopechest

Huh? He has ALS. He could have been dead any day. His living as long as he has is highly unusual.

Though nice narrative. Making a connection between his "Deathly fear" of speaking out against the Jewish cabal which controls the world, because....ohhh, it would so endanger and discredit his already highly accredited academic career.

To even think your explanation is remotely logical is a laugh..

Two words.

Mel Gibson, a highly acclaimed actor and directer himself, destroyed for speaking out against Israel.

He couldn't get a job teaching a 4th grade play nowadays unless he pays for it himself.

Why would anyone compare an ACTOR to one of the worlds greatest mathematical minds?

I highly doubt someone in his position is afraid of losing their career or be discredited!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

What happened to JUDGE NOT?

good point! the only problem i have with it, as a thinking human being, is the implication that i'm just supposed to sit here and ignore the derogatory references to the size of my intellect. it's really unnecessary, definitely inflammatory, and adds nothing to your point other than an opportunity to propagandize your readers. it's been established, in every conceivable way, that you can't prove or disprove it using the current set of evidences, so it's just 2 sides of the same coin. how either could claim to have the superior intellectual position, is a real head scratcher.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Palestinians could have had their own state YEARS ago, all they had to do was say yes. But no, they still keep with this pie in the sky idea of a Palestine with Jerusalem in it. Guess what? There is NO way that will EVER happen...

It's hard to feel sorry for folks who think throwing rocks at tanks is going to somehow get them what they want.

That said, Israel certainly could use better tactics in dealing with them, no doubt...but some of the blame has to lie with the Palestinians' total lack of the ability to compromise, especially when dealing with a foe that could (if it chose to) utterly wipe them out of the area.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join