It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses Tell Their Ghost Stories

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I used to work in a mental health ward. One night I saw patient walk ahead of me, and enter the toilet at the end of the hallway. I knocked on the door to see if she was okay : no one answered. I entered, it was empty. No one was there.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AlmostRosey

My father once told me a story that happen to him when he was in a boy's school too. Late one night, he got up and had to use the outhouse toilets the boys school had. As he was approaching the outhouse restrooms, he swore he saw a figure dart into the restroom. Thinking it was another student at the school, he walked into the restroom and called out to see if anyone was in there. No one was in there. He checked the stalls and looked around and he was alone. He did his business and left, wondering if it was his eyes were playing tricks on him.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

That's definitely similar to my experience! It's very creepy, especially if completely convinced you've seen someone.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Since we are on the topic of hospital ghosts. I'll tell you one that happen to my late grandfather, god rest his soul.

My grandpa was sick sometimes with gall stones. One hospital stay he had, my older brother came in to help my grandpa change his bed pan, and he regaled a story that happen to him the night before.

My grandpa woke up in the middle of the night, to find a young man, who was standing over him silently staring at him as he was laying there. He described the young man as pale, Asian, and silently just looking at him. He said he didn't feel any evil feelings from this young man who was just looking at him as he slept. In fact, he said he immediately knew this person was a ghost. Someone who probably died in this hospital/room before. The next moment he was there, and the next he vanished into thin air. Tired from surgery, my grandpa just closed his eyes again and fell back to sleep.

That same night he had this ghostly visitor, my older sister was sleeping in the hallway outside his hospital room, he didn't want to tell the story to my sister as he didn't want to scare her but told my older brother as he came that morning to help him change the bed pan and take care of him.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mysteryskeptic

Dude I was like you a few years ago and then one thing happened which totally altered my perspective by 180 degrees.

As soon as my eyes were open, so too was my memory. A flood of memories came back to me from the past 30 years which further cemented my new reality.

One day you might experience that 1 thing that alters your perspective, and believe me it's hard to go back to being a skeptic.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Whenever I meet a nurse, one of the first things I ask is... "Ever encounter anything... with ghosts?" They either light up and say "Yes!" or look at me like I'm crazy.

All thanks to this!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here's a story. It's not a nurse story or anything; though. There was a mental health place that got shut down. A college bought the building. My brother had classes there. He said that he was going toward the restroom door and heard men's voices coming from inside. He opened the door and the voices stopped. There was nobody there.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have been a critical care nurse for several years. I have been present during the dying process more times than I can count and every one has been different. When people are close to the end they often speak of seeing relatives that have passed in the room with them. Recently, we had a patient who was very ill. He became septic, he was struggling to fight off the infection, the other day he became agitated asking who the little boy was with the messed up feet in the corner of his room? Later that same day he said the little boy was standing on the chair by his bed. This gave a chill all by itself, but later we were having a Care Conference in a different patients room a few door down. This woman had dementia, but she was no where near as ill as the first patient. She yelled out in the middle of the Care Conference," Who is that little boy with the mangled feet standing in the corner?" No one knew how to react at that moment. The very next day a few of our team members were helping a completely different patient with his cell phone and from that room came a loud, shrieking laugh. My co-workers came out of the room like they were shot out a cannon while the patient who was hooked to the oxygen on the wall yelled,"Hey, that was really scary don't leave me in here alone!"
Today one of our Case Mangers found out about what happened and she grew up across the street from the hospital. The wing that this happened on was houses in the 1960's and 70's. She called her mother who confirmed there was a little boy who lived in the house that used to occupy that piece of land, he died when he was 7 or 8 and he had deformed feet.
I don't even know what to say about all that... But it definitely gives me the chills.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: extraterrestrialentity
The nurses were probably seeing hallucinations because of the fact that there are dead bodies everywhere in a hospital, and society has imprinted people to automatically think something is a ghost, if it occurs around dead people.

Perfectly explainable. Don't see anything paranormal here.

ROFL that sure is a big case of denial you are hanging onto.

With all the different stories and witnesses and cross-confirming witness confirmations, from ones that don't know the other, but tell or describe the same ghosts. plus the pattern of reports coming from the same places and types of people like nurses and doctors, the evidence that spirits and the after life exists is simply undeniable.. Unless you are totally stuck in denial. And it looks comical to those who know for a fact you are deluding yourself. Not meant as a slight against you though. I think it is funny to see though.

(By the way, seeing dead bodies does not cause hallucinations like you are trying to indicate.)
edit on 8-3-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I posted an experience on here back in the beginning of March, since then there have been a number of unexplained events that keep happening. What I want to know is why so much activity is such a short amount of time? Does anyone have any theories?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've known nurses and health care workers before and wouldn't put much faith in anything such people say.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This isn't hospital related but it is ghost related. I was in a part of my state which had a lot of Colonial history. It was perhaps 3 am. Where were driving to an area with a lot of supposed haunting. We couldn't find a legal place to park so we were just driving. We (my ex and myself) were pulling up to an old abandoned building, it looked like it was at least from the 1800s. As we were backing up. I screamed. My ex looked at me with a WTF face. I had seen what I could only describe as a slave boy run from the back of the house to the front door and in. He looked like he was 10-13 maybe 14 years old. I saw a straw hat, dark colored shirt or vest and tan pants that were very ragged at the bottom. Almost like clam digger style. He was definitely black skinned.

Funny thing is I had just been complaining that I hadn't gotten to see the sight we had planned to see and said "I just wanna have something un-explainable happen." Whelp I got my wish it seems.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That thread on allnurses is good stuff.

I've been following it for over a year.

I'll have to find the deathbed experience thread. I didn't know about that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join