It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses Tell Their Ghost Stories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i stumbled across this nursing forum while looking for ghost stories and wanted to share. theirs some really good stuff in there. 200+ pages.
allnurses.com...
edit on 5/7/2013 by kosmicjack because: fixed title

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Many years ago I had a beautiful blond, blue eyed female doctor that took care of me for a few months on an Air Force Base. She was a Captain.

She told me and a friend of a male patient that passed away in the hospital she attended. She said she could feel him following her around and talking to her. She got so upset that she had to scream out loud for him to leave her alone.

The guy left her after that. She not only said she could feel him, but smell him. Very odd case. I believed her. She was very well grounded and in a medical field that was a bit more advanced than a typical doctor.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

Why not? Hospitals are where a lot of people go to die. A lot of near death experiences too. Being that the witnesses are of sound mind (as part of staff, they have to be) this makes these recounts even more intriguing.

Stories are cool. Video is too.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Now why would the guy turn the camera to the left after walking into the room when the ghost ran to the right?

Pretty suspicious if you ask me.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
AH!!! Their and There.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

Interesting thread S & F.

I started reading some of the posts to a friend of mine and she ran off all scared...

I dont think that this person is a nurse but I thought it might be interesting nonetheless.

edit on 7-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

If you don't mind, I'm going to bring a couple of highlights from what I am reading in your link...

Everyone has seen a little boy walking around but the freakiest part was when they saw wet childrens foot prints coming down the hall and followed them to the wall and there were footprints in the snow outside that came right to that place in the wall.

Prior to becoming a nurse, I was a paramedic. One patient all the way to the hospital told me about all the spirits in the ambulance and said that it looks like many people have died in here. She sat up, yelped, said OH GOD grabbed her chest and died as we pulled into the ER parking spot. We did CPR on the way in and she was pronounced by the ER doc after doing CPR for at least 10 mins.

We had a resident that had been hollering staff members names and banging on the wall instead of using her call light the night she passed away I had helped clean her up and then went to empty the soiled linen cart as I was emptying the cart I heard her scream my name and I ran out of the soiled linen room and did not go back in there alone.

I was on break outside in a gazebo at a LTC facility with a CNA. The CNA pointed out a black cat on the roof of the facility and said, "Everytime that cat shows up on the roof, someone who's bed is near the cat...dies". Sure enough, later that shift, the lady who's room was under the cat did die. I told my teenage daughter about this, and it kind of gave her chills. We were looking out of our window and our own black cat jumped on the pickup truck and from there up to our roof. THAT gave both of us chills.

Our old facility has closed down and we have since moved into a new hospital. There is some rumor that the land was once a cemetary. The night before we moved into the new hospital, the fire alarms went off & it was discovered that the burners were turned on in the kitchen. No one had been in the kitchen that day. The first week of staying at the hospital, one patient said her window kept swinging open. The handle to open the window is difficult to turn & the patient was unable to get out of bed. There is a pet Cemetary nearby. Several patients have reported seeing cats & dogs in their rooms. Even my grandfather stayed there for a week & kept saying there was a big yellow cat in the corner.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by intrptr

Now why would the guy turn the camera to the left after walking into the room when the ghost ran to the right?

I have no idea, I wasn't there either...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Camera moved away and his daughter ducked behind the table.

Just once I would like to see a video of a clumsy ghost that trips while making a fast exit and starts cursing because they stubbed their toe.

All while on video.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

Jun 13, '05 by ZASHAGALKA We had a patient, chronic CHFer, always on the call button, hated being on fluid restrictions. you know the type: the nurses have to take turns during the shift answering the call button so the primary can actually do other work. And this was a frequent flier cause he was very chronic, very borderline, and the hospital was the only place he wouldn't fluid overload. I work 7p-7a. He died about 8pm. Oh the look on his face, like, "how could you let me die!" - Like it was our fault. Anyway, family came and gone by 9pm, funeral home gone at 930pm. About 10pm, the call button starts going off. I was there - call button going off every 5 minutes. One of the nurses was a very spiritual girl. At about 2am, after like 4 HOURS OF THIS, nurse Mary snaps, 'Enough!' She walks down to the room, and, practically screams into the empty room, "Mr X, you have died. You can't be in here bothering us anymore. Move along. In the name of Jesus, I'm exorcising you from this plane of existence. Go to the light and be happy!" And I kid you not, the call button stopped going off then and there. ~faith, Timothy.

These are creepy on the nurse site!

Good find
edit on 7-5-2013 by FinalAccount2008 because: ETA: Story

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Jun 14, '05 by ZASHAGALKA A couple, retired military captain and his wife, Margaret, sold their house to move to Florida. It so happens that they sold their house to the State - the state was going to use it as a resident home for mentally disabled teens. After the closing, but before they moved, Margaret died in the house. The Captain had to move cause the house was already sold. Do you know where I'm going with this?? Residents always referred to 'old lady' that they always saw. Nursing staff just referred to her as 'Maggie'. Now, late at night, when the residents were asleep, if the staff put the TV on more adult programming, like 'Red Shoe Diaries', etc., the TV would turn off, and when turned back on, would come on on a different channel. There was this one nurse, it was like the house was out to get her. She'd swear that 'the carpet tripped me'. When cupboards opened, knives would fall out aimed at her. Turns out this nurse was eventually fired for abusing and stealing from the residents. Maggie takes care of her 'children'. This was represented to me as a true and ongoing story. ~faith, Timothy.

That's definitely a warning for people to stay honest and true and good!

Don't wanna start drama with the spirits!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, for me I worked at a hospital, and do to the lack of office space, My office for over a year was the old morgue. The hospital was built in 1873 so many people unfortunately passed. My job, I was in-charge of energy management software that controlled the air conditioning and electrical power. Once a month I would have to be in my office on the grave yard shift 11pm to 7am.
1 hour of that time I would be in total darkness with only my pc as we tested the generators. I would always have my camera and invite anyone who would want to stay with me if they were interested in seeing a ghost?
No one took me up on it. Some people couldn't even come in to the office period. Day or Night
I can say to this day I did not see a ghost or one little paranormal whatever and do to my job at the time I went everywhere in that hostpital. From Open Heart Surgery rooms, to the dirty underground basement if you want to call it that. Even in the old psychiatric ward. I was there and I worked in all the areas.
Let me tell you I wanted to see something! I would joke it was my golden ticket! My salary wasn't cutting it! A real ghost would get me some well earned cash!

For me I've been in attics, crawl spaces, places that are old.I'm always in places that are dark do to my job. Places many people may be hesitant do go to their imagination.
I measure air flow, air pressure. I look at the tightness of a room, home or building.
If i see a door open or slam shut, I go and investigate why it did and it's never a ghost.

sorry to disappoint, but I've just not come across anything and I've been in places that a lot of people get the heebeejeebee's from.

edit on 8-5-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Maybe you should open your chakras or start talking to God.

It seems like you are not yet fully aware of Spirit of Source.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Mysteryskeptic's entirely relevant comment made me muse so I'll bore some by writing those musings.

One weird thing about "paranormal" stuff is most people never see, or otherwise experience, a thing... although I tend to think most everyone actually does, but they're good at blowing it off as something else... and I mean relatively routine things like sometimes knowing when the phone will ring or who's calling before looking.

The impulse to convince "skeptics" comes from the realization that the world is far more than it seems and death might not be an end, and since most folks fear death, offering some comfort and sharing one's discovery of a larger world seems the right thing to do...though I guess continued existence doesn't comfort some people.

Before I lived in a "disturbed" rental, I never believed in spirits... and really, I still don't know what they are or if they exist as people think they do... but I now know, as opposed to believe, that something without a physical body can interact with this world on occasion... and they seem to be at least partly recognizable as intelligent in their actions... but there's little I can do to convince others (or not be perceived as a complete crackpot).

But this knowledge begs many questions.

The spirits, or whatever they are, avoid recording devices (which, with other things, leads me to conclude that they're able to "read minds"). Since their actions indicate they crave attention, but don't usually allow recordings, then there may be some "rules" in place about proof of their existence to us living folks, and that also points to something to enforce those rules. Which is weird, or weirder than the idea ghosts exist in the first place.

Also, it is sobering that some of these entities seem not to know they are dead. If this is true, then that says volumes about our state of being in that death must not be so very different (or conditional on our expectations or mental constructs).

But conversely, if they don't know they are dead how, or why, are they avoiding being recorded and how do they explain to themselves walking on the roof under the stars one moment and bumping into furniture inside "their" house the next?

Another question that bothers me is why would something without a body be confined to a certain physical space? I'm aware of the theories proposed by some people who claim psychic abilities and thus direct knowledge, like they are emotionally fixated on the place, but that seems so one dimensional, like the entities are shadows of their former selves.

That one dimensionality brings to mind some ancient beliefs (Egyptian for example) about humans being made up of multiple aspects that split up at death, which would mean that we do cease being as complex as what we were during this life.

An easy answer to these contradictions would be it's all b.s. But, to some of us anyway, it isn't that easy.

The knowledge of the reality of some paranormal events brings more frustrating questions about our collective condition than answers... and some of the ideas aren't comfortable... but questions lead to answers.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I know a girl that works in an hospital at night time and she told me she saw shadow people running down the halls.

One time, she looked back and saw one of them and immediately started to run, as she entered a room, she saw the shadow running past her and going down the hall.

When she spoke of her experience with her colleagues, most of them had very similar experiences.
Very chilling to say the least.
edit on 8-5-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is a rehab hospital near downtown Fort Worth. It is well known by the employees to be haunted. Back in the day it was Fort Worth's first childrens hospital. It's a beautiful building with amazing woodowork inside. Patients report the sound of children playing at night. They'd say they had trouble sleeping because of the "children in the hall", and employees would see rocking chairs rocking themselves...

At another hospital here, a patient had expired in their room. It was in ICU and each room had a camera that could be viewed at the nurses station. After the patient and bed was removed from the room, you could still see the outline of the patient! It persisted there and slowly faded. You could go in the room and walk right through the image that could be seen on the camera.

My mom worked for MHMR years ago in the same city as the above incidents. NOBODY would go in the basement of that building, which was a big home many years ago that was turned into an office building...
edit on 8-5-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

This has been very entertaining reading....

I've been a psychiatric nurse for almost 30 years and worked in a number of hospitals - currently work in the state forensic hospital with male patients that have committed all sorts of crimes - including murder. I don't have any stories to tell and I've worked here for 20 years - and I don't want to have any stories to tell!

I did work at a catholic hospital and was told a couple of stories by older employees there. Being a catholic hospital - they would evaluate patients for "exorcisms" first. A woman who was suspected of being possessed once was in 6 point restraints. On checks, she was out of them and had her face right in the window, laughing. The aide figured o.k., I'll get more people and get her back in the restraints - gone for only a minute - and when returned, the patient was right back in the restraints, tightly. ( For those of you unfamiliar with restraints - it's not a big deal for a patient to get out of them - it's practically impossible for them to get back in them.)

Also, another woman there had her day nurse walk in to introduce herself as her nurse for the day. The patient turned around and said "You're pregnant - and your baby is going to die." The nurse had just found out she was pregnant, and hadn't told anyone else she worked with, or discussed the matter at all. She was so upset that she had to leave.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

There are two threads at allnurses.com. One is about "ghost stories" and the other is about "deathbed experiences". Both are very interesting and both have been mentioned here before. Happy to see them surface again because they are both probably one of the best reads on the subject i have ever come across.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This isn't a hospital story, apologies. My family and I lived in a house that was one of Ft. Worth's original homes off of Samuels Ave. I grew up in the house as my best friends family owned it and several other properties on the street.

Before moving in my best friends brother passed away in a car accident, he had previously lived in the house. Before that his uncle had lived in the house for forty years, so I have been familiar with this house since I was eight years old, I was 30 when we moved in.

Immediately after moving in my wife and our children started noticing odd things moving at the end of the hall (very long hallway), the kids would not go down the hall by themselves. My wife said she always felt like someone was standing right beside her when she would go in the kitchen or pantry.

I never experienced anything in this house, not once. I even spent the night in the house alone right after my friends brother passed away. Big house by myself and nothing. All I ever felt in this house was that I was home.

I 100% believe my wife and now grown children, they still tell stories about what they saw and felt, me on the other hand, I feel like I was known, the spirits in the house knew who I was, had known me since I was a child. All I ever felt in that house was that I was welcome.

Honest story and I have no explanation for what my family saw, felt and heard.
edit on 9-5-2013 by deadbang because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would like to contribute a story to this thread,

Now to be clear I don’t really believe in ghost stories but in my time as a nurse I have heard a few, I will omit the names of the hospital wards this concerns but I promise you these stories are all true.

The usually all start coming out during quiet night shifts

The first one I can remember hearing was as a student on a ward where one morning the staff said they had a wired night “she was crying again” the nurse said. It turned out that this ward I was in was next door to what was the old A&E and every now and then the staff would hear a crying baby coming from the old A&E which was now an out patient clinic. They even went to investigate once, reporting it to hospital security and said that the crying seemed to be emanating from a random wall.

I remember I was once again on night shift and we had a old man die, he was really a horrible old man (I know not nice to say about patients but if you knew the whole story you would understand). When he died one of the other nurses and a health care assistant both went into the room to do last offices, I watched them go into the room. The literally walked in and in about 5 seconds I heard them both scream. They ran out of the room and said they saw a black figure standing over his corpse, I glanced in and he wasn’t there. Could have been the fatigue of nightshift…..

Finally and its not really a hospital story but it’s still interesting. I was nursing a solider once, he had been in a IED blast in Iraq and I asked him what happened. He told me he was in a jeep and the bomb went off, he was chucked out and badly wounded, his mate “dave” found him and told him he would call for help and secure the area and that the medevac was on the way. So “Dave” helps my patient and the two of them and the other injured guys all get into the helicopter. Once in the helicopter the medics had to put my patient to sleep. Anyway this guy wakes up a few days later and asks about the rest of his team that were all in the vehicle. A doctor told him everyone had died, “no” my patient said “what about dave, dave was there he called the chopper”, “I am sorry” said the doctor “but dave died in the explosion”.

Really we nurses could tell you some pretty mental stories of things we have seen, done and heard.

EDIT,

I was thinking about, we nurses also have some really wired superstitions like me for example I can’t help but open a window when someone dies and I have to spend my time talking to the corpse whenever I am doing last offices.

It’s actually also very strange in a way when I look back, your first few months on a ward if someone dies it’s a shock after a while you start to predict it. And I mean literally, I suppose it comes with experience but it’s still really wired. You come on shift, and its yeah bed 2:2’s starting to go probably won’t be hear in the morning.

I really can’t think of any other profession other than nursing when you are around at the exact moment of death than nursing. Other health car professionals are rarely present; I suppose that there are some soldiers who will be around it a lot but these days that’s probably rare, certainly not a daily occurrence the way it can be in some areas of nursing. It would make for some really interesting research to look at nurses experiences in regards to the paranormal.

edit on 9-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join