It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US armed insurrection and Obama taking your guns...really people?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I do love it when people that aren't here know more then the "locals".

Seems that battles and wars have been lost due to that mentality, but sure sure.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The yoke of totalitarian mind control governments will be thrown off sooner or later.....by revolution, either violent or otherwise.
Fascism is a marriage of corporations with government till theres no distinction between the two......
Of course war against the government and corporate structures will be a dual natured fight.....
The answer would be for mass non participation in the machine they try to control...........
A general strike in America for a week would send the government reeling.
Not that it would win anything but some respect on their part for the short term....
Imagine how many would be out in the streets.......could the government hold the line? i think not.....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The people who in this thread assume still you would have a chance vs the government are deluded. They would not hesitate to use tactical nukes or chemical weapons if it came to that. The continuality of Government has been thought out for a long time. Plans have been made. Supplies have been stored. There is without a doubt vast underground structures where hundreds of thousands if not millions of essential personal could live for many many years.

As I said and someone else pointed out. They can shut off food and water almost at a mementos notice for as long as is needed. People resort to animal behavior at the drop of a hat. That has been proven in real life situations and study after study for a long time.

People have stood by as the Govt has taken thier rights to so many things. Without a doubt everything you do is being logged on the NSA's vast array of technology and supercomputers. I have no doubt they know more about me and you then you know about yourself. You can be held without trial or a jury of your peers if the Govt chooses even now.

Ask yourself how many of these are actually valid and workable.

The Bill of Rights.
Admendment 1-4

Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Amendment III No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.archives.gov...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I do love it when people that aren't here know more then the "locals".

Seems that battles and wars have been lost due to that mentality, but sure sure.

Hi macman.
Don't let it get to ya. There are always those who look from afar and tell others how silly they are. They sit at their keyboard and insult others while insulated from the real world. I strongly suspect that a considerable number of the posters on this thread who are "instructing" us po' dumb yanks have yet to start shaving.
I am a Vietnam Veteran and a former police officer during the 70's and early 80's. I have held a TopSecret-Crypto security clearance in Military Intelligence, served on a Presidential Security detail side by side with the Secret Service, been FBI SWAT trained and have trained SWAT teams in unarmed hand to hand combat and hostage negotiation. I have been shot, stabbed and tossed about by REAL warriors, not foreign keyboard killers.
I don't need keester or whatever he calls himself educating me on the pulse of American life, he is in fact irrelevant and you should simply ignore him.
In an earlier post, I made the comment that the most effective weapons systems are heart, determination and courage. I stand by that because I have SEEN that on the field of battle, not on the internet or in a book or tv show.
Stay focused and stay strong. America needs all her sons and daughters right now.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I haven't read all the post so I'm sure that this has already been said.

North Vietnam and Afghanistan beat the two most powerful countries in the world through gorilla warfare.

TPTB please don't think that I am advocating an over throw of the government and show up on my doorstep tomorrow.

However, gorilla warfare wears armies down and demoralizes them. The government over throwing the people would be far from an easy task unless they depopulate us first, which is what I think will happen.

Just thinking.

Sgt. Cursed

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Colonial insurrection and General Gage taking your guns...really people?

Vietcong insurrection against capitalist West...and Lyndon Johnson takin your guns...really people?

Revolution and the Tsar taking your guns...really people?

Successful repelling of the huge Persian Army and Xerxes taking your arms...really people?

Slave revolution and Napoleon's forces taking your arms...really people?

Armed rebellion against the Communist Afghan government and the Soviets taking your guns...really people?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Deny it all you want, but actions speak louder than words.

The US government is slowly but surely reducing its citizens' rights to own and purchase firearms. Currently, we're at the stage where it is severely limiting ammunition available, and reducing the lethality of the weapons allowed to be purchased. Eventually, it will involve identifying who has what weapons, and finally, end with the only weapon available to any citizen being a one-shot shotgun. To what end? Probably just to reduce the threat of a potential uprising.

Even though such an uprising would almost certainly fail (and involve thousands if not millions dying), certainly is no reason the government wouldn't want to reduce the effectiveness of such an act, while still keeping the second amendment in print. Just my own theory about it, based on the evidence of the legislation recently passed, and that still being attempted.

There is a simply plan to guard against revolution though. Keep the people happy, fed, and a roof over their heads. A decent economy, and you're golden. Let's hope we go with THAT plan, shall we?
edit on 9-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Flatfish

Here's one for you, how about all of the new voter suppression initiatives being orchestrated in states with republican controlled legislatures. Pretty much across the board as far as I can tell.

Oh, those voting things are not happening in Dems states? How about the black panthers jackasses being at polling centers? So, please, spare me the whole racism card crap.
It happens and is not just a Rep thing.

Originally posted by Flatfish
And by the way, one doesn't have to burn crosses to be beholding to the values of the KKK and they don't have to limit their racism to blacks either. I think that the KKK of old hated jews as much as blacks. The only real difference today is that the Tea Party has now thrown mexicans and muslims into the modern day mix.

Again, I would love to see the actions that you speak of. That would be a nice place to start, instead of just blanket labeling groups of people, like a racist does.

Not only do I doubt that you'd actually love to see the actions I speak of, it's apparent that willful ignorance and extremist right wing ideology has blinded you from recognizing the truth, even when it's staring you in the face.

You ask for examples of broad based racist tactics being employed by the Tea Party/Republican establishment. You basically challenged me to provide an example of broad based racism and you specifically challenged me to NOT use the actions of a few to label the party as a whole.

I presented you with the fact that broad based voter suppression tactics have been proposed and in some cases adopted, in almost every single state currently under Republican control and you come back with the Black Panther incident? PLEASE!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtCursed

It is "Guerrilla" not "Gorilla"...meaning "little war" from the french "guerre" for war.
....unless it is a scene from Planet of the Apes.
C'est le guerre.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Still waiting for those instances of racism.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Thank you for correcting my ignorance. Not a word I type very often and I should have looked it up.

It always pisses me off when I do something stupid like that. That sort of ignorance can negate your entire post.

Thanks again,
Sgt Cursed

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCursed
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Thank you for correcting my ignorance. Not a word I type very often and I should have looked it up.

It always pisses me off when I do something stupid like that. That sort of ignorance can negate your entire post.

Thanks again,
Sgt Cursed

That is very true but most of the ATS tough guy posers could care less about sentence structure, spelling, word usage, syntax, grammar, proper capitalization, punctuation, etc. They think it's cool to be ignorant!

There, They're, Their.........it's all the same to them.

I know some members don't use English as their first language and I can cut them some slack but the willfully ignorant have no credibility.

I'm far from perfect but at least I make an effort to express myself properly.
edit on 9-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I try to use correct grammar and spelling. I really feel that it takes away from a post and makes it less credible.
I'm always willing to learn.
Cursed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join