It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US armed insurrection and Obama taking your guns...really people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Wasn't the KKK comprised of Democrats???? Gee, how one forgets history.

Yeah they were, right up until Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law. They just couldn't tolerate the idea of belonging to the party that awarded equal rights to blacks, so the changed their banner. The same way they no longer go by the name KKK, they call themselves the Tea Party now.

Gee, how one forgets history.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I agree. The people have the tools to make positive change peacefully. To often alarmists try to incite violence as the only means of change. When this country was put together, systems of checks and balances were put into place to enable the public to keep from living under a dictatorship.

If we are unhappy with our politicians and the direction this country is going, it is OUR fault for not speaking up, voting, running for office or participating in the system. We have become to complacent, and are always looking for an "easy way" out.

Violence is the "easy way" out. Fighting the system from within the system is the harder, but wiser choice. Nothing worth having is obtained easily.
edit on 8-5-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

If it ever got so bad that the citizens were fighting with the military and law enforcement you would have pretty much every able bodied adult, and some kids, helping.

Pretty hard to sit and home watching American Idol when your family are in gun battles out in the streets.

Keep dreaming.

They'd just say that you were the bad guys, and most would believe it.
You'd be fighting alongside ONLY other people that visit these sites. That's all. If you think many more(even 1 million) would join you, you're a fool.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Roughly 40% of all revolutions since the beginning have been successful....
Now that means sixty percent lost.....
The Civil war doesnt count.......as the two were more like two nations fighting than a revolution.
3% of Americans in 1776 revolted against Gr.Britain.
They" won" right?
A revolution for the constitution would garner much more than 3% support in these purilous taimes....
Govt has well overstepped the bounds it was given, and corporate power has risen to control too much of the government.
The people will have to shed blood(their own as well as the elites) to restore constitutional government to America.
Why? because their "owners" dont want to share power with the people.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
and corporate power has risen to control too much of the government.

So why would we revolt against our government instead of corporations? It would seem that their control over our government is the real evil here.

If you want your government back, it's the "corporate control" that you should be concentrating on and a good place to start would be to take away their right to paid lobbying of elected officials, not to mention their "personhood."
edit on 8-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Wasn't the KKK comprised of Democrats???? Gee, how one forgets history.

Yeah they were, right up until Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law. They just couldn't tolerate the idea of belonging to the party that awarded equal rights to blacks, so the changed their banner. The same way they no longer go by the name KKK, they call themselves the Tea Party now.

Gee, how one forgets history.

Sure sure.

The Dems seemed to have fought against the civil rights act. I guess Jim Crow laws weren't enforced by Dem lead cities and states huh?

But, thanks for cherry picking what you want to respond to.

Typical Progressive Crap.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
and corporate power has risen to control too much of the government.

So why would we revolt against our government instead of corporations? It would seem that their control over our government is the real evil here.

If you want your government back, it's the "corporate control" that you should be concentrating on and a good place to start would be to take away their right to paid lobbying of elected officials, not to mention their "personhood."
edit on 8-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

Yes that make sense but you need to remember the mindset of those advocating insurrection. They can easily make the "government" into an entity that is the enemy. Most of them work for corporations of one type or another and have the mentality of seeing corporations as benevolent. Where as they can see the government as a collection of people and demonize them. Emotionalism and ideology getting in the way of their common sense; unwilling to look behind the curtain and see that the true enemy is a nebulous collection of lobbiest, CEOs, war profiteers, bankers, wall street tycoons, and foreign investors. How do you mount an insurrection against that???

Stupid, scapegoating at the most basic unthinking level. My sig explains it....
edit on 8-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Sure sure.

The Dems seemed to have fought against the civil rights act. I guess Jim Crow laws weren't enforced by Dem lead cities and states huh?

Of course they did and of course they were.

At the time of the Jim Crow laws, specifically 1876 up until 1965, the states you speak of were definitely Democratic. They were also known as the states that made up the Confederacy during the Civil War, fighting to maintain their right to own slaves.

Guess what happened just prior to 1965 that changed all that? That's right, Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law on July 2, 1964. Today those states are red states. Go figure!

Gee, how one forgets history!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Yes that make sense but you need to remember the mindset of those advocating insurrection. They can easily make the "government" into an entity that is the enemy. Most of them work for corporations of one type or another and have the mentality of seeing corporations as benevolent. Where as they can see the government as a collection of people and demonize them. Emotionalism and ideology getting in the way of their common sense; unwilling to look behind the curtain....

I couldn't agree with you more. Another thing I've noticed is that quite often when one of these anti-government types tells you specifically what it is that they're so pissed about, it turns out that the real culprit is their local and/or state government that is under republican control who is responsible and not the federal government.

I once heard a guy rant and rave about how the government shut down his business and forced him into poverty. As it turned out, his business was a car wash where you could have your car washed by naked girls and it was a local city ordinance that shut him down. And rightfully so, I might add.

Problem is that they been brainwashed into thinking that the federal government is their enemy when in fact it's corporate fascism that they should be directing their displeasure at.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Guess what happened just prior to 1965 that changed all that? That's right, Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law on July 2, 1964. Today those states are red states. Go figure!

Gee, how one forgets history!

And how are those states doing? I mean, culture wise and such???

Nothing has been forgotten. Maybe it was due to the pendulum swing from the Dem model?

But, you go ahead and continue to believe that the Tea Party is racist. Along with all that evidence showing it as well.

When do have evidence of this, and not just a single instance of one person doing something, please let me know.
Something like cross burning, or maybe forcing someone other than whites being forced to the back of the rally or outing would be great.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

And how are those states doing? I mean, culture wise and such???

Nothing has been forgotten. Maybe it was due to the pendulum swing from the Dem model?

But, you go ahead and continue to believe that the Tea Party is racist. Along with all that evidence showing it as well.

When do have evidence of this, and not just a single instance of one person doing something, please let me know.
Something like cross burning, or maybe forcing someone other than whites being forced to the back of the rally or outing would be great.

Here's one for you, how about all of the new voter suppression initiatives being orchestrated in states with republican controlled legislatures. Pretty much across the board as far as I can tell.

And by the way, one doesn't have to burn crosses to be beholding to the values of the KKK and they don't have to limit their racism to blacks either. I think that the KKK of old hated jews as much as blacks. The only real difference today is that the Tea Party has now thrown mexicans and muslims into the modern day mix.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

US armed insurrection and Obama taking your guns...really people?

Back in the mid 80s through 90s, there was a similar phase we went through when the militias began showing up... followed by David Koresh, Oklahoma City, etc.

There were even a few movies made before that - The Survivors - starring Walter Matthau and Robin Williams.

This isn't anything we haven't seen before. The only new kid is Uncle Sam trying to settle the boil in the kettle but while actually making it worse.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Excellent post. Hard to talk sense in to brain dead right wing idiots ( I mean that in a nice way). Worked up about second admendment when in reality the other admendments have been being trampled since at least 2001 if not before.

Secondly only a moron would think armed insurrection would have a chance against the governments sophisticated weapon systems. They also have an over wealming majority of superior firepower and the ability to shut off ammunition, electricity, water, gas, food supply etc.

Some people are just born stupid. It's the magic of genetics.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Here's one for you, how about all of the new voter suppression initiatives being orchestrated in states with republican controlled legislatures. Pretty much across the board as far as I can tell.

Oh, those voting things are not happening in Dems states? How about the black panthers jackasses being at polling centers? So, please, spare me the whole racism card crap.
It happens and is not just a Rep thing.

And by the way, one doesn't have to burn crosses to be beholding to the values of the KKK and they don't have to limit their racism to blacks either. I think that the KKK of old hated jews as much as blacks. The only real difference today is that the Tea Party has now thrown mexicans and muslims into the modern day mix.

Again, I would love to see the actions that you speak of. That would be a nice place to start, instead of just blanket labeling groups of people, like a racist does.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them."
- Santayanna

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Those who don't have minds of their own..use others words..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
The question is would the military back them?If so you may indeed be correct,not that we care what YOU THINK about what WE KNOW, because we trained that way,What is your source somewhere you read something? We did it and can do it again, children. My training against a bunch of agents? Alone not so good in a squad bad for the agents they would attempt direct pursuit . Ever see UNCOMMON VALOR or UNDER SEIGE? yeah chase me and thats it for your survival.
Can you blowup a tank? I can. If the crew doesn't dismount (and they will)they can burn too.That is an M1 MBT kiddies dead from a hardware store because ...wait for it...we learned ALL KINDS of ways to blow things up and we have the most diabolical,creative minds in our ranks.
You show me your little Striker Battallion and I'll steal the CO's helmet. Been there done that.Now give me enough bang to kill a TOC and well Taliban don't walk where I'll go.
edit on 7-5-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: mISsplled

Are you sober now...
Internet tough guys are so hilarious. Their false bravado and such..must make them think they are the ultimate tough guy and that woman want them and men want to be them...
freaking hilarious.
edit on 8-5-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The dems and repubs of the past. resemble nothing of the latest bunch. So bringing up past dems as KKK or repubs as helpers of slave and such..really adds nothing to any argument.

Back to the topic...I getting back out of this thread...but I just had to see if the fantasies are still alive and kicking...and yep they are...

I will say it again...prove me right and try...just try to have your uprising..
Love to see your faces when you realize the country of America does not back you. Remember you are considered the fringe element of society and no one and I mean no one would follow a bunch of yahooos...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Remember you are considered the fringe element of society and no one and I mean no one would follow a bunch of yahooos...

Aren't you a Non-US citizen?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Why yes I am..
Point being?

You don't have to be a citizen to know that most Americans would not follow the fringe element. Why give up their way of life for some another idiots version of utopia. Which by the way most would not like..except the few who would love to dictate how other Americans must live their life in the way they deem fit.

Ok for real....no more from me.

But I still say go for it...watch what happens..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join