It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US armed insurrection and Obama taking your guns...really people?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Hopechest

Hmmm, if the US was so successful I wonder how the Vietcong managed to exist for so long. Or the Mujahideen against the Soviets.

History would seem to indicate that a powerful military force doesn't necessarily equal a victory now doesn't it.
Hmmm, 2 points.
First, in both cases , they were invading forces, not the case here...In the instance in the OP, the US will be fighting "Domestic Terrorist".

Second.. Both times , the invading forces were fighting a "Limited War"
(do you think the Viet Cong would have lasted a Month , in a no holds barred US War) Please

Were you there? I was. You are wrong. Lol if you want but 58,000 of us learned the hard way. You young folks watch some movies, read some books or an internet piece or two and then laugh at "Charlie" in his black jammies with his bowl of rice and his AK. To those of us who knew him personally, he was "Mr. Charles" and NOBODY to f*ck with.
Heart, determination and courage are the weapons systems that matter the most.
Whether you, or the OP think there is oppression going on or not, the proof was in Boston when thousands of para-military and police were unleashed on a community to find 1......COUNT 'EM..... 1, wounded man. They trashed almost every one of the Bill of Rights and DID NOT CATCH HIM. A citizen did.
So much for your vaunted overwhelming government power.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

you seem quite sure of yourself there Keester? did I get that right? if not forgive me, as I dont always see so well. The way I see it is different. I dont use ATS or any other website as a meter, cuz thats just plain foolish. My meter is the country itsel, and I do quite a bit of traveling around itdue to my job. I have run into plenty of able bodied men that are sick of the way things are run anymore. I am not saying that they are all ripe for the picking by these fictitious rebels, but another event or 2 may be enough to convince a lot of them that action needs to be taken. and the problem with your scenarios are that if the government ends up hurting and killing loads of innocents in their quest to eradicate the rebellion they will actually be feeding the rebellion, and that is how these things always work

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spock51

This is a very good point you bring up.

The people will be fighting for their homeland and their families and it would be a serious mistake to assume it would be an easy task to take them out.

They will invent new ways to kill.

WATCH THE MOVIE RED DAWN......it explains it everything!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

Thanks, I'm pretty sick of the pointlessness it as well. Idiocy moves my fingers like nothing else!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Maybe I'm mistaken but not all states require people to register their guns. In California you have to as an example but in Montana they just make sure you have no red flags, which takes 5 minutes. You pay in whichever way you chose and leave the store. In fact, Senator Max Baucus refuses to require Montana residents to have to register their weapons. Now that doesn't mean they can't find out you bought a gun. But if they already know why did my neighbor have an officer come to his house to specifically ask if he had a gun (stated someone called with a concern but I don't know anything more about that yet and I'm sure he will tell me). I agree with your post for sure; they are not trying to take our guns and will not do so. But...as you specify - seeing if people are mentally ill may backfire if this were to pass and probably wouldn't work. People may not seek treatment for fear of labels and reprocussions so makes that whole mental illness issue have another barrier (people already resist treatment). Good post.

senatorbaucus.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GokuVsSuperman0

First off, a US armed insurrection: like that could achieve anything, shotguns and AR-15s VS 1000s of tanks and military aircraft.

Were you even paying attention to the Iraq war? A few thousand rag-tag untrained and unorganized group of civilians almost brought the US military to it's knees.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Pretty much.

Tanks and military aircraft are only useful against other tanks and military aircraft.

This has been proven so many times in history its laughable anyone would even bring this up as a point.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The question is would the military back them?If so you may indeed be correct,not that we care what YOU THINK about what WE KNOW, because we trained that way,What is your source somewhere you read something? We did it and can do it again, children. My training against a bunch of agents? Alone not so good in a squad bad for the agents they would attempt direct pursuit . Ever see UNCOMMON VALOR or UNDER SEIGE? yeah chase me and thats it for your survival.
Can you blowup a tank? I can. If the crew doesn't dismount (and they will)they can burn too.That is an M1 MBT kiddies dead from a hardware store because ...wait for it...we learned ALL KINDS of ways to blow things up and we have the most diabolical,creative minds in our ranks.
You show me your little Striker Battallion and I'll steal the CO's helmet. Been there done that.Now give me enough bang to kill a TOC and well Taliban don't walk where I'll go.
edit on 7-5-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: mISsplled

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

After they retreat to their places they will eventually run out of supplies, food, medical items...you name it. Their weapons will break down, their vehicles will run out of fuel. See the point. How long do you suppose 50,000 military and LEO's will last vs. 100 million? Do they have that many bullets or rockets?

Yeah, because it's not like the military trains to be dug in for weeks at a time in harsh conditions. It's not like they've actually been trained for combat, and have aircraft, radar, and god knows what else at their disposal.

If you honestly think that the american public could have an armed insurrection and win, you are the most deluded person on earth.

But...but...but...

What about the ammo shortages and supply shortages, you know, those ones posted on this very forum showing the government is preparing to march you into death camps? I keep hearing about these shortages.....

So either you have enough ammo and "well trained civilians" LMAO to take on the army, or you are deluded.

As for your comments on the 2nd, you are more than 100% correct there.

I just think you are seriously fooling yourself to have said that the military would run and hide in their bunkers. You do realize they have tanks, fuel, supplies, and access to everything YOU WOULDN'T once you started shooting at them, right? I mean, their job is to train for that scenario. They have been training for domestic insurrection for decades.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe your AR-15 can take down an Apache. Maybe your AR-15 can defeat satellite imaging. Maybe your AK can take down a drone or two.

Get in touch with reality before the shooting starts, please.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Any armed insurrection or revolution needs leaders otherwise it's just a mob with different agendas, motivations with no direction, planning or purpose.

So who's going to step to the fore front and hoist the black flag? YOU?

Bless your soul. All the nice and neat revolutions have leaders. Ones like the French Revolution started via instigators and a fed up population that was hungry and ticked off that the government stole their money via over printing of currency...........hmmmmmmmmmmm

Historical patterns can be ehhh. No mater what happens, as long as the bread and circus(internet) continues there will be no revolution. The internet as it is, is the singularly most ideal method of keeping the populace sedated and content. It also serves a purpose of driving the instigators nuts over time into suicidal action that is utterly pointless. Because people talk, people agree, but people do nothing. There is a segment of the population that likes to instigate because they can. Some who are in the current movements would be Marxist if they where born a few generations earlier, much like many "white" feminists would probably be in the Women's Klu Klux Klan if they where born in an earlier age as well.

That is the nature of the world I guess.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

They will do what they are told because they have families to feed, bills to pay and donuts to eat.

Do not believe otherwise for even one second.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GokuVsSuperman0

More Anti-Gun Rights gibberish.

You lack the understanding of our founding, military history and our laws.

Thanks for proving yet again, that the Anti-Gun Rights people are full of crap.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Tanks and military aircraft are only useful against other tanks and military aircraft.

I hope you realize what a stupid statement this is. Tanks and Military aircraft are quite useful in destroying infrastructure and most importantly....killing people.

I can cut you some slack however because I know you are just a young student with no real practical life experience;
A hopeless romantic thinking Zombie movies are a basis for debate.

edit on 8-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If it ever got so bad that the citizens were fighting with the military and law enforcement you would have pretty much every able bodied adult, and some kids, helping.

Pretty hard to sit and home watching American Idol when your family are in gun battles out in the streets.

They'd be "helping" alright, but the real question is "Who would they be helping?"

I for one, would NOT be helping those who currently side with the radical right wing movement in this country and I'd be willing to bet that there are many more like me, who would do the same thing.

You are quite naive to think that all gun owners here in America, or even a majority of them, are in favor of an armed insurrection. I assure you, that's Not the case.

But hey, don't let me stop you and your nutty friends from going off the deep end. Personally, I beginning to think that your little insurrection may be just what the doctor ordered. If I'm not mistaken, we have some really lovely FEMA camp accommodations just waiting to be filled and who better to fill them than this modern day incarnation of the KKK, also known as the right wing Tea Party movement.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GokuVsSuperman0
First off, a US armed insurrection: like that could achieve anything, shotguns and AR-15s VS 1000s of tanks and military aircraft. Even if veterans joined this hypothetical uprising they still wouldn't have the equipment necessary to change anything. But the entire idea is ridiculous, the US is one of the most stable countries in the world, there are far worst countries without any uprisings, so I don't see it happening anytime in the near future.

Secondly:
In the last decade there have been far more infringements on other amendments of the US constitution compared to the 2nd, Americans need to get their priorities straight. When the 1st, 4th through 7th, 14th amendments are being bent or ignored, and nothing has been done to restrict the 2nd amendment, unless you count machine guns and RPGs being illegal for domestic use.

Backround checks for buying firearms isn't Obama coming for your guns, firearms are already registered, which means the government already knows you have them, they can come for them whenever they want to. Backround checks stop criminals and mentally unstable people from buying firearms and even then it barely works. Also, President Bush was confiscating weapons in New Orleans, I don't remember Obama taking people's guns after hurricane Sandy. American citizens with like 43 guns each still poses zero threat to the US government, they would have no reason to go around taking guns and just pissing off the NRA.

while these points are valid in a minimalistic, low brow, and basic way, it's more than obvious you don't have your finger on the pulse the nation.

and the one point you make about "not being a threat to the government" is completely irrational. Check your history books and you will find that only 3% of the colonial people fought in the revolutionary war and they beat the most powerful empire in the world at the time>

We are talking about 29% - 57% (depending on which poll you choose to use) who think that a revolt, rebellion, insurrection, whatever you want to call it, is NECESSARY. Now just using those percentages, it begs the question, how many more people feel the same way and wouldn't DARE to say it out load, let alone answer a pollster? How many people are quietly preparing themselves for this very thing and would never let more than there immediate family and friends know. I can count about 50 people who i know for a fact are preparing for this and any other cataclysmic contingency, and aside from our circle and a VERY tight knit neighborhood, working together would never say it out loud and certainly wouldn't answer a poll agreeing to it.

If a pollster asked me what i thought about this ..... my response would be very similar to the quoted above which started this thread, i would then go back inside and quietly wait for them to leave and then double down on all my supplies over the next week and clean my guns ..... and i am willing to bet good money that that, is what most folks are doing too ..... well all those who remember that historically a train ride can lead to an oven .....

"When they came for the communists, i didn't say anything because i wasn't a communist,
."

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

They will do what they are told because they have families to feed, bills to pay and donuts to eat.

Do not believe otherwise for even one second.

There are some good police and military folks out there. Sheriffs are already starting to stand up around the country. Many military and police have joined Oath Keepers.

How many would take a stand? That is the big question. I could imagine anywhere from 5% to 70%. We just don't know, and I believe many individuals have not yet decided.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
If I'm not mistaken, we have some really lovely FEMA camp accommodations just waiting to be filled and who better to fill them than this modern day incarnation of the KKK, also known as the right wing Tea Party movement.

Yep, because they are one in the same.

What a cowardly and ignorant comment.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The only thing that would prompt a widespread, insurrection/revolution in the US, is if people get hungry. But it wouldn't be an organized effort by a cohesive, united force. It would in fact be a chaotic mess of different groups fighting each other for the available resources.....anarchy and a race war. Hungry and thirsty people don't think in a logical manner as they can only focus on their most basic needs ex. food and water. Ideology and politics is the furthermost thing from their mind.

Oh I know it's a romantic concept to think of a group of pissedoff Americans marching to Washington with their fists and rifles held high and replacing the corrupt, inept, criminals that currently inhabit that place but it's just not gonna happen.

What might happen however is a military coup, martial law and fascism, all wrapped up in the flag, carrying a cross.
Carefully designed and choreographed to protect the elite and corporate masters of the United States.

I think this is a distinct possibility; even in the near future. There will be subtle signs if you are aware and intelligent enough to read them, so Instead of storing guns and food; I have converted most of my assets into hard currency and plan on bugging out first class to a country with nice beaches, good fishing and a population more into partying than macho bravado BS. Perhaps an island paradise or Brazil.

edit on 8-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

If I'm not mistaken, we have some really lovely FEMA camp accommodations just waiting to be filled and who better to fill them than this modern day incarnation of the KKK, also known as the right wing Tea Party movement.

Yep, because they are one in the same.

What a cowardly and ignorant comment.

Yeah, sometimes the truth hurts, but it is what it is and that's why I said it. The KKK of old and the Tea Party of today are one in the same, they just have a different banner.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yeah, sometimes the truth hurts, but it is what it is and that's why I said it. The KKK of old and the Tea Party of today are one in the same, they just have a different banner.

Yeah, ah-ha. You keep telling yourself that.

I do fail to see any cross burnings are the Tea Party Rallies. Or lynchings, or hangings for that matter.

Wasn't the KKK comprised of Democrats???? Gee, how one forgets history.

Wasn't there a KKK upper member a Democrat Politician as of recent?

I guess what every makes you sleep well in your Progressive fantasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join