It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US armed insurrection and Obama taking your guns...really people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First off, a US armed insurrection: like that could achieve anything, shotguns and AR-15s VS 1000s of tanks and military aircraft. Even if veterans joined this hypothetical uprising they still wouldn't have the equipment necessary to change anything. But the entire idea is ridiculous, the US is one of the most stable countries in the world, there are far worst countries without any uprisings, so I don't see it happening anytime in the near future.

Secondly:
In the last decade there have been far more infringements on other amendments of the US constitution compared to the 2nd, Americans need to get their priorities straight. When the 1st, 4th through 7th, 14th amendments are being bent or ignored, and nothing has been done to restrict the 2nd amendment, unless you count machine guns and RPGs being illegal for domestic use.

Backround checks for buying firearms isn't Obama coming for your guns, firearms are already registered, which means the government already knows you have them, they can come for them whenever they want to. Backround checks stop criminals and mentally unstable people from buying firearms and even then it barely works. Also, President Bush was confiscating weapons in New Orleans, I don't remember Obama taking people's guns after hurricane Sandy. American citizens with like 43 guns each still poses zero threat to the US government, they would have no reason to go around taking guns and just pissing off the NRA.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GokuVsSuperman0

Thanks for this thread. And especially thanks for pointing out the other amendments that are being eliminated.

The big unknown in an armed insurrection is the number of military and police that may chose to be on the side of the people and the constitution.

P.s. my firearms are legally unregistered.
edit on 5/7/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well your wrong on both counts.

The second amendment has been strengthened recently, not weakened by various Supreme Court decisions. For example, it now applies to the States also whereas in past years it hasn't.

And there would be no way to stop an armed uprising. The best the military and law enforcement could do is secure certain bases and bunker up. The country is simply too vast for them to control it all.

After they retreat to their places they will eventually run out of supplies, food, medical items...you name it. Their weapons will break down, their vehicles will run out of fuel.

See the point. How long do you suppose 50,000 military and LEO's will last vs. 100 million? Do they have that many bullets or rockets?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Hopechest, I'm surprised. Rarely do I agree with your posts, but in this case you're right on, despite the grammar. I better stop there before we start to debate whether the points you make are a good thing or bad thing.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

My grammar is horrible I know...only my math is worse.

I will agree with the OP that there are other rights being infringed upon however the second is not one of them. I do believe that was the overall point of this thread.

So yes, he called it right.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And!! When they run to their bunkers and seal themselves in ...

We need to follow behind them and bury them in. No way in, eh? Good - no way out either. Then we really would have demons running around down below - beneath our feet!

It would be devilishly good irony!

Cirque

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The Battle should be Fought in Federal Court . The Constitution Vs the Wannabe Dictator in da White House .

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think most anti-government isn't literally about the guns, I think it is more about our Government trying to punish people who have done nothing but follow the law instead of actually looking into a solution that only affects the criminals that broke the law. I can be somewhat sympathetic with people that don't use or enjoy shooting guns not caring and being mad at people who do enjoy them legally for not giving them up, its hard to think of an analogy that would be taken seriously but if they took your car after you drove responsibly for 20 years just because three people caused major accidents you might not like it either. I am not saying only three people used guns ever I am saying that the only major media attention was on a very small amount of gun violence.

I am not anti rules at all but I am becoming more and more concerned with the personal liberties that are being taken from us, the things our government is doing to us is exactly the same as what they told us other dictators were doing in order to gain our support of attacking or sanctioning these other countries.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There was a thread a long time ago asking whether a modern day marine regiment could go back in time and defeat the Roman army.

It was a really awesome debate but I think it was decided that no, they couldn't. They could kill a lot but their supplies would eventually run out, they would be surrounded, and defeated.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
And!! When they run to their bunkers and seal themselves in ...

We need to follow behind them and bury them in. No way in, eh? Good - no way out either. Then we really would have demons running around down below - beneath our feet!

It would be devilishly good irony!

Cirque

I like your way of thinking. Let's just hope they don't screw up topside too badly with nukes or bios.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
100 million to rise up? Not a chance, maybe 3 percent of the population at best which by and large is already on a watch list somewhere. It may feel like a noble deed but in this technologically advanced society the only accomplishment would be going to an early grave with the headstone marker reading 'here lies rebel scum'.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibraltarego
100 million to rise up? Not a chance, maybe 3 percent of the population at best which by and large is already on a watch list somewhere. It may feel like a noble deed but in this technologically advanced society the only accomplishment would be going to an early grave with the headstone marker reading 'here lies rebel scum'.

I disagree.

If it ever got so bad that the citizens were fighting with the military and law enforcement you would have pretty much every able bodied adult, and some kids, helping.

Pretty hard to sit and home watching American Idol when your family are in gun battles out in the streets.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Because all those tanks and warplanes did so well against a few cave dwelling extremists over the past decade! Why don't you people just move to Chicago already!
edit on 5/7/13 by Infernalis because: filled out

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Any armed insurrection or revolution needs leaders otherwise it's just a mob with different agendas, motivations with no direction, planning or purpose.

So who's going to step to the fore front and hoist the black flag? YOU?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Any armed insurrection or revolution needs leaders otherwise it's just a mob with different agendas, motivations with no direction, planning or purpose.

So who's going to step to the fore front and hoist the black flag? YOU?

Ever watch a zombie movie?

You may think that's a silly analogy but look how quickly slow moving, unthinking creatures can overwhelm a group of heavily armed people with numbers.

Now add in intelligent people with guns shooting back and you see how hard it will be for a small group to hold off a much larger one.

No leader required for the overall movement.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

your pretty clueless in your Knowledge of the Average US Citizen.
If the Television told them to remain in the House , in an Uprising, the streets would be empty.
I have to Laugh at your Beliefs the Gov would "run out of Supplies".
Military Checkpoints set up on Major Highways, Units Guarding Major Food Stores.
In 3 Days, the US Populace will be Hungry and BEGGING the Gov to KILL the Uprisers.
Reality is not Pretty, because its Real.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What are you crazy Op?
Coming here and laying down all that truth?
They can't handle that, this is ATS.

The NRA is working and spending tirelessly w AJ and Rush
to scare listeners into thinking Prez Black Panther is coming personally
for their guns. Don't let that NRA money go to waste!
It's kinda fun. It's always ... You watch Obama's "Gonna"
do this or he "Gonna" do that etc but it NEVER happens .

However... It's true the Armed civilians of the US are
the largest Army on the planet.
100,000,000 people 300,000,000 guns
#2 is The PLA of China at 2.2 million soldiers.
Short of gassing and nuking till glass, we'd be unstoppable.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

your pretty clueless in your Knowledge of the Average US Citizen.
If the Television told them to remain in the House , in an Uprising, the streets would be empty.
I have to Laugh at your Beliefs the Gov would "run out of Supplies".
Military Checkpoints set up on Major Highways, Units Guarding Major Food Stores.
In 3 Days, the US Populace will be Hungry and BEGGING the Gov to KILL the Uprisers.
Reality is not Pretty, because its Real.

Hmmm, if the US was so successful I wonder how the Vietcong managed to exist for so long. Or the Mujahideen against the Soviets.

History would seem to indicate that a powerful military force doesn't necessarily equal a victory now doesn't it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Hmmm, if the US was so successful I wonder how the Vietcong managed to exist for so long. Or the Mujahideen against the Soviets.

History would seem to indicate that a powerful military force doesn't necessarily equal a victory now doesn't it.
Hmmm, 2 points.
First, in both cases , they were invading forces, not the case here...In the instance in the OP, the US will be fighting "Domestic Terrorist".

Second.. Both times , the invading forces were fighting a "Limited War"
(do you think the Viet Cong would have lasted a Month , in a no holds barred US War) Please

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Just one question. Do you recall the result of the Soviet-Afghan War? It took nine years, but the rebels, starting with relatively primitive weaponry, ultimately forced the Soviets to leave with their tails between their legs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join