It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Sanford Wins SC-1 Special Election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

He used tax payer monies to fund the travel for his personal tryst. That is the illegal and unethical part.

*uncle*

Agree.

He makes Bill Clinton...... look like Bill Clinton.

Personally, he wouldn't get my vote.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Hopechest

Okay, this is my last ditch effort: He used tax payer monies to fund the travel for his personal tryst. That is the illegal and unethical part.

*uncle*

edit on 5/7/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Well now that's a different story then. I had assumed he took the lady on one of his flights and had an affair. If he is using the plane just for the purpose of concealment then yes, he should be kicked out since that is indicitive of criminal behavior.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If he lies, cheats, and/or steals; how do know what his real agenda is? How can you trust what he says or does? These are retorical questions so please do not feel that you need to reply.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I feel bad for SC-1. Your votes were for dumb and dumber. Elections no longer matter in america. get use to it.
edit on 8-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Look, Sanford is a dirtbag and anyone with a single ounce of moral fortitude would recognize that, but I guess that's your "out."

I am in utter disbelief of almost every word you have posted in this thread and despite all the evidence provided by other posters, you remain steadfast in your defense of his lies and illegalities. Wow, just Wow!

Maybe you should consider changing your screen name to "HopeLess" as it's a much more fitting name.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
See you can be a total immoral embarrassment that commits adultery and ruins his wifes life and people will still like you!!!!

Congratulations to this slime ball.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
thanks for posting.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to clarify that this election was not decided upon by most people in South Carolina. It was decided upon by a district I believe near the coast where he held office for many years without me ever hearing about him.

I see some people act like the entire state voted him back into office and that would be far from the truth. I happen to live in South Carolina so I thought I would clarify that information. His reelection to me leads me to believe a few people in South Carolina are willing to overlook one past misdeed. I've read that overseas, getting divorced or infidelity in a politician's personal life has little effect on someone's political career. Getting divorced or whatever someone is doing in their personal life shouldn't affect how well they do their duties of their job. If it does, then that is of concern to me. However using taxpayer money to take one plane trip is not nearly as expensive as the President and his family taking plane trips all over the place for his and his families entertainment. Granted the President may be doing business on the trips as well but some of those plane trips I bet were only so that his family could vacation somewhere. I see no one questioning the ethics of the US taxpayer spending as much as 20 times on the Obama family as the UK spends on the royal family. As far as I know Sanford took one trip and paid back the money.

I did not have a chance to vote. The election was for another district near the coast. I think the people who voted for him are willing to forgive him and give him a second chance. I think many don't care that he used taxpayer money to take a plane trip but the election was close so many do care. As far as Obama's family flying all over the place, It appears not many care about that either. Maybe everything they are doing is ethical as well.
edit on 8/5/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, don't you know the Lord gave him a mulligan and now you are expected to as well.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The man is nothing but a lying crook... He lined his pockets with kickbacks from the lottery... Not counting all the other things he put under the carpet... People are so naive...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If a mans wife can't trust him, why should you?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

It's the South. It doesn't matter for the most part what he's done. The man could have straight up murdered someone. There are many places in the south where having a D after your name is political suicide. Only larger cities in the south elect Democrats.

Bottom line, Sanford wins cause he's got a R after his name and more money than the other person.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wish I'd done more research before going along at my mom's bidding to vote for him with her.
As a person in her late 20s, I should know better than to succumb to pressure. I'm such a pushover, though. Horrible at lying during the post-vote interrogation by both of my parents.

"Who'd you vote for?"
"Sanford."
"And why?"
"He's my mom's favorite, and yours."
"Yes, and it's also because he's the best pick for the job."

*sigh*

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

It's the South. It doesn't matter for the most part what he's done. The man could have straight up murdered someone. There are many places in the south where having a D after your name is political suicide. Only larger cities in the south elect Democrats.

Bottom line, Sanford wins cause he's got a R after his name and more money than the other person.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

edit on 10-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

Its best not lecture me on the south as I've had ancestors give blood for it. Not all southerners are as mindless as you think, nor are they racist.
edit on 10-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join