It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Things I Hate" (for everyone)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

People who, when you pass their house, their dogs come bolting out the open gate barking, snarling, and slavering, and corner you up against the fence . . . and they come out smiling, and say: "Oh, don't worry about them--they don't bite."

[Well the least you could do is keep the goddamn gate shut. Idiots.....]

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Carrots! I HATE em'! Especially when I open a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and have to trash half the can (carrots!) and end up with half a meal.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This always happens to me...

While attempting to find a parking space, there's always that person who insists on walking in the middle of the parking lot as slowly as possible. They seem to be completely clueless to the fact that people are waiting on them to get the hell out of the way.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by resoe26

People who, when you pass their house, their dogs come bolting out the open gate barking, snarling, and slavering, and corner you up against the fence . . . and they come out smiling, and say: "Oh, don't worry about them--they don't bite."

[Well the least you could do is keep the goddamn gate shut. Idiots.....]

The only thing that tops this is when you have your kid with you, who immediately decides the only safe place is to perch on your head.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT

While attempting to find a parking space, there's always that person who insists on walking in the middle of the parking lot as slowly as possible. They seem to be completely clueless to the fact that people are waiting on them to get the hell out of the way.

I have to point out that I didn't realize what these aggravatingly slow people were doing until I got Peripheral Arterial Disease. I have been honked at and yelled at for not crossing the street fast enough, but I can't! The clogged veins in my legs won't allow enough oxygen through to feed the muscles to make them move faster. Please consider this when you come across us slow people, okay? I am now one of them!

edit on 5/7/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Love France, hate the French.

I want a guillotine!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT

I have to point out that I didn't realize what these aggravatingly slow people were doing until I got Peripheral Arterial Disease. I have been honked at and yelled at for not crossing the street fast enough, but I can't! The clogged veins in my legs won't allow enough oxygen through to feed the muscles to make them move faster. Please consider this when you come across us slow people, okay? I am now one of them!

edit on 5/7/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I'm slowing down too. But I think this is more about the dimwits like I see in the Walmart lot all the time who, as you're backing out of your space to leave, continue walking at a long, sloooooow pace, directly toward the back of your vehicle. Usually with kids and grandmas and mommies with prams and older daughter and her boyfriend....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Good point.. And I would never honk or outwardly act hostile. I always patiently wait, while screaming explicitives in my head

I'm referring to the ones who usually have ten zillion kids with them and they're not even paying one bit of attention to what's going on. This is typically seen in like a Walmart shopping center.

I remember being 8 months pregnant ( in triple digit Texas heat), trying to cross the parking lot as fast as I possibly could and some crazed lunatic nearly ran me over!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Yes exactly!

Ok good. So it's not just me then

I feel better now

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

-The no off-topic post rule when applied to a post that has gone "off topic" in a natural way. If it evolved naturally, it should be allowed to naturally flow back on topic. To force it is unnatural. People do not naturally communicate by debating and speaking of a single topic. Everything is relative... Thus, if a couple of people start to talk about the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, before they naturally flow back on topic, then let them be.

-People who engineer things that could become disastrous if control over them is lost (power plants, viruses, bio-engineering, weapons, etc and so forth).

-Politically biased television shows that use double speak, humor, and fear mongering to push agendas for bucks. Politics should be about finding the best way to give freedom, not take it.

And the things I love to hate are:

-People giving stars to idiotic posts, that argue against my posts.

-The Judge Judy show. Nuff said.

-Family Guy always being mean to Meg.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I hate bed time.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
People who don't use the turn signal when appropriate. What is it with that? Does it cost so much money to exchange that burned-out bulb? Even with LED? Really? No.

*argh* And I have to drive through several roundabouts on my way to work.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....

The ed hardy wearing bro who drives lifted disel on 40 inch mud tires that have never seen mud. You are not that cool brahh.

Heartburn.

Ropes, extension cords, hoses, trying ro coil them neatly is a nightmare.

Condoms.

People who decide to go for a swim right next to me when im fishing.

women who think they are better then others because they are pretty.

Drivers who drive under the speed limit.

Those little sticky things that fall from cottonwood trees and get baked onto my car.

people who insist to give advice about something they have never expirenced before.

My local corrupt judicial system.

Police.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
Hmmmm.....

The ed hardy wearing bro who drives lifted disel on 40 inch mud tires that have never seen mud. You are not that cool brahh.

True.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
When there is a blizzard outdoors and the roads are pure crap... and people tail me as if I shouldn't be driving careful.
Just because you got 4 wheel drive doesn't mean your immune to ice muh flucca

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Hmm... This is an interesting question you have asked.
Hate is such a strong word though.

I really don't like when people judge others for their beliefs.
To each his own.

Peace and love
-nat the lil angel cat-

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Well since this is from you Resoe, I have to mention getting reemed for three posts for supporting your view on the differences between men and women.
Had I no understanding of how emotions can interfere with keeping things straight in a thread, I'd still u2u a "what the fudge man?" to you every other day. Instead, your passionate opinion endeared you to me.

I hate the "bread" some idiots pass off as gluten-free. It may surely be gluten-free, but it isn't bread.

People who are obviously afraid of their own car, the speed at which it can travel, and the fact that sometimes they'll be required to commandeer its controls during the RAIN.

And my biggest pet-peeve (aside from allowing me to view your food as it's being chewed) is the politicians, doctors, and other "professionals" who've determined we're all alike and therefore, the same things should work for us all. Oh, and the people who are certain that if they spend enough money they'll never die. Like we all want to witness your very worst years.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Yo my bad bro. (things get a little crazy on this website when the men vs women convos start)

One thing I love though... Is that awesome avatar of yours.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
- People who have these "done up" cars, then you pull up next to them at the lights expecting a decent race off line, the lights turn green, you shoot off, look in your mirrors and they're going about 5mph. If you're going to have a boy racer car then at least act like one!!

- People who say they go to the "university of life". You don't. You don't go any university. You probably haven't learnt anything from life either. It's not funny, it's not imaginative, you just look like someone who wishes they had gone to university but didn't make it.

- People who are shocked when I say that I'm studying aerospace engineering. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I don't have the whole nerdy look going on. But that doesn't mean that I'm stupid!! Someone wrote in my yearbook "good luck doing engineering, even though that's a weird job for a girl".

edit on 8-5-2013 by Florasaurus because: Another thing!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

Ok i gotta pick at this... just because i have a modded car, does not mean i wanna race in a city with police wanting to get any dirt on you as possible.

The stuff you seen in movie does happen sometimes, i did it maybe 1-2 with a random driver, but most of the time, it was your car club or friends that you know AND in a location you are sure of no police activity.

Trust me, tinted windows, skirts, LED lights, labels, modded body, non-factory spoilers, and candy colour are sure way to get any an extra eye by the police.

<< 1    3 >>

join