It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New code for Board Performance (high-load sensing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There is some new prototype code up and running tonight that might help the entire board (ATS, BTS, and the main content site) function with high efficiency when we get sudden surges of traffic. I've built some new code that tests the overall performance of the server, especially as it serves threads here in the board, every 15 minutes. If the performance is slow, it will automatically switch the board software to run in "low bandwidth/low impact" mode until performance improves. We'll see how this works over the next few days.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Awesome!

Whens the switch to the new dual server system?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's going to take some time, planning, and professional help. 30 days is probably a good guess.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Awesome!

Whens the switch to the new dual server system?

Amen to that, DLM! I can't wait for the dual-server system. That's supposed to be so awesome. The power is just amazing.

Good job, SO. You're the man with all of your breakthroughs and improvements. I'm very impressed with all of your hard work. Keep it up!

We also need to see the new image of board post record for Nov 3rd... (you promised, SO ;D )

w00tsie!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Man SO...you just love to brag don't you!!

Right on man! I don't know what you just said, but...God damnit!...it sounds good

Keep it up!

top topics

join