It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supplements and You; To improve cognitive function Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
In all honesty I'll leave well enough alone. If your already putting your body through a strenuous supplement stack, you really don't need to add anything more, regardless of how much water you drink, your liver is getting strained from all the cleaning. I use to be on a massive supplement stack:
Protien: Hydrobuilder
Creatine: Kre-akline
Multivitamins: Anavite
Thermogenic: Oxypro Elite
Nitrous oxides: NO2 Black
dietry: Anabolic pump
Amino: Modern BCAA Micronized
Test stims: Pink Magic
Booster drink during gym: K-otic
5000-6000 cal daily diet
250-300 grams of protein a day
only water, one cheat day bi-weekly
Bro, let me tell you, I had the similar feeling in wondering how to improve cognitive functions myself, but after taking a step back and realize what I was putting into my body every single day, I was like, HELL NO.
I hit the gym up 6 days a week, absolute Isolation workouts, specific muscle groups, some cardio, a lot of HIIT, free weights first, then finish off with the cords.
I would just chill on the pills for boosting cognitive functions, if you feel the need to fit one more in you, then by all means go for it, just don't be a fool like me and do extreme stacks, its been a year an a half since I did any kind of stacks, but I do still maintain the Modern BCAA micronized amino acids, I think that is really good for you and often overlooked, I call it my fountain of youth drink and of course my creatine.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I had a closed head injury in 1996 after a background in International Pharma.

I discovered the benefit of supplementation while helping a family member recover from illness and I found the benefit of some of these for my own general health and some specific for my own condition.

Three things I found particularly useful were...
...Lecithin, Potassium Iodide and Colloidal Gold.

Lecithin is Choline, the precursor to Acetylcholine which significantly reduced fatigue.
Iodine increases mental clarity...
...and Colloidal Gold is known to have various cognitive benefits including raising IQ scores.

I use these on a background of supplementation of all ninety essential nutrients.

<< 1  2   >>

join