It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to know why some people always defend the government?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I indubitably agree. People are too scared to look into what the government did wrong, and will try to always look at the "bright side", and of course, they'll deny or attempt to refute any thing that a conspiracy theorist says.

Now, the government is good in some places, but people have to admit that the government did some wrong things in the past.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

The government itself is fine for the most part. Buts its been hijacked by corporate interests,the elite and communist globalists.

There are elements in the government that are very dangerous and very communistic.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It didn't say people -always- defend failing systems or institutions, as you did, or implied.

And systems or institutions are anything from families to couples to companies to government. So this could be a tribe or a close-knit group of friends, as I'm reading it.

It also said this behavior is called System Justification and that it's pro-active. It's not just relaxed agreement or support of a system, it's aggressive and staunch.

It said four things contribute to System Justification:
1) system threat
2) system dependence
3) system inescapability
4) low personal control

If I was a dictator, I'd want to know these things.

Here's a list of links that I think somehow relate:
www.livescience.com - Democracy May Depend on the Ignorant...
www.naturalnews.com - Study proves 95% of people really are sheeple...
www.sciencedaily.com - Neurobiological Cause of Intergroup Conflict: 'Bonding Hormone' Drives Aggression Towards Competing Out-Groups...
edit on 7-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Do you want to know why some people always defend the government?

Because that's what sheep do:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What makes you think you're not a sheep?

What I got from it is that we all exhibit this behavior. This is probably genetic or intimately tied to natural forces. Isn't our survival a mix of genetics and environment?

We're humans. We have a long genetic past. We also have a culture that has evolved and indoctrinated us into its box. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to avoid it.

I think the best we can do is (objectively?) describe the box we're inside.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I defend the government when I feel they are right. I do not defend them when I feel they are wrong. They have been wrong more lately.

I do not worry about a terrorist crashing a plane into my house or blowing up a big bank around here because there aren't any big banks around here. Why would a terrorist fly a big jet into my house when they can target a big area. I don't even think a terrorist knows what a Yooper is
They are going to attack the rich, not the common worker out in the middle of nowhere. We have our own terrorists up here, Mosquitoes and Black flies. There is nobody really important up here either. People in New york would be glad to see a nuke dropped on us instead of them saying their number of people make it more of a catastrophe. I personally think it would be a great catastrophe if they dropped a bomb here, all those deer, rabbits, turkeys, and partridge should be considered as citizens of this area.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by neo96

What makes you think you're not a sheep?

What I got from it is that we all exhibit this behavior. This is probably genetic.

Well, almost everyone belongs to, or would like to belong to a group. But it depends on how large the group is, and how badly the individual wants to be part of it.

You could say people that want to be part of a large group, and try to be as normal as possible, are similar to sheep. And people that listen to independent thought, and are part of a much smaller group, are similar to lions.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It's a two way street to be honest. On the right lane is that the people control the Gov't. In the left lane it is the Gov't that controls the people.

In the middle, where the lines say pass, or do not pass, lies personnal responsibility.

Many of todays folks are not comfortable with that. It's always some one else's fault when they fail. And will rarely applaud some one who helps them succeed.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

There's plenty of research out there linking the formation and participation in communities as integral to increased lifespan and the survival of humans. People can't just go it alone.

Genes can be different from person to person, but people can't be cats. We're social creatures. Even the most autistic and non-social people will still be drowning in this social bias.

Basically, many (hundreds??) millions of years of evolution separate us from lions.

We're inside of a genetic and environmental box with some freedom of movement. You can ignore that you're inside of a box and pretend it isn't so, like here:

"I think, therefore I am." - all inside a box, though.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think all you good anti-government people should refuse all government help...put your money where your mouth is...i'd answer your question with one of my own, "why are some people always against what government does?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Because as a whole, it takes from me to give to others.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Why would someone turn on their sugar daddy?

Never heard of anyone talking bad on Santa Clause, why do it to the Fed Govt?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
2nd line.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
I think all you good anti-government people should refuse all government help...put your money where your mouth is...i'd answer your question with one of my own, "why are some people always against what government does?

Stop the the imperial wars,drone attacks on innocent people,gitmo torture,ndaa,patriot act and wall street bribery first.
edit on 7-5-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ive done it just to annoy the dog out of people here.

Awww, .gub, I wuv you, your just a cute widdle .gub oh yes you are! yes you are! so pwecious...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Because as a whole, it takes from me to give to others.

and it gives you nothing in return?....you could go to a country which doesn't tax its people, if you are so put upon and taxed so heavily.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by jimmyx

Stop the the imperial wars,drone attacks on innocent people,gitmo torture,ndaa,patriot act and wall street bribery first.
edit on 7-5-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

then go after the string pullers, rather than the puppets....the string pullers can always get more puppets

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Hopechest
I'd say its in response to those that always attack it.

Usually there truth falls somewhere in the middle.

You do have a way with words and saying in a few...what I sometimes take a paragraph for.

to brevity, but no less accurate!

How about this for the sake of brevity? "Because the news said so."

Even if in some instances, the truth were somewhere in the middle, that middle, can be and more than likely is, way over the line.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
People are paid to defend government, spread lies, etc...... some genuinely defend them but those are only morons.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What about those who always vilify it. Have they just another form of psychosis ?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
People are being brainwashed practically from birth! By the education system, by the media, by the government. The education system has gone further and further left. The media (news,entertainment) are furthering a left agenda by steering us in the left direction. We are given no real choices in politics as both parties are working for the same results. 1984 is the blueprint and the bible!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join