It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Vs Atheism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

When you believe in something, you act on faith that this is how it is regardless of any opposing facts. if I believe my mother hates me, even if she is hugging me, I ignore the evidence of love because my belief is that she hates me for reasons known to me.

if I don't believe in something, you act on lack of evidence. If I don't believe mother loves me, then gives me a hug, I may reevaluate my lack of belief.

So theism is nonnegotiable belief, whereas atheism is disbelief with options.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by SaturnFX

When you believe in something, you act on faith that this is how it is regardless of any opposing facts. if I believe my mother hates me, even if she is hugging me, I ignore the evidence of love because my belief is that she hates me for reasons known to me.

if I don't believe in something, you act on lack of evidence. If I don't believe mother loves me, then gives me a hug, I may reevaluate my lack of belief.

So theism is nonnegotiable belief, whereas atheism is disbelief with options.

That is very close, yes.
Options are proof...or at least some really strong evidence (in the end, gravity is still theory and not fully understood, but there is enough evidence to ultimately warrant belief.)

It can be difficult to see the difference initially, but once you see it, it really is night and day. =gnostics= are the true bane of society..those people pretending they know one way or another..and a gnostic atheist annoys me equally as a gnostic theist.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join