It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation of police brutality videos from April 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Was searching on the internet, and I came across this compilation of police brutality videos on YouTube. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was watching the video.

I can't believe that the police, which are supposed to uphold the law, would treat us like nazis. And I understand that not all police officers are like this, but it is still shocking that there are so many cases of police brutality just from last month.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

this first guy needs to cool off...

I don't get you Americans...did you see the weapons this guy is parading with ???

Jesus Christ all mighty...

I'm sorry...but this is not normal to me...and it will never be...

the police is far from brutal on this first guy. They are actually pretty decent and calm.

watching on...
edit on 7-5-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well the OP is taking this way out of context imo.

How do we know that police brutality hasn't actually gone down in recent decades?

Now with practically everything being videotaped and more and more police getting in trouble with the law for what they do I'd imagine today's police brutality is far less than say in 1972 when nobody in the general public saw what was going on and those that did had no precedent to speak out.

Lumping a bunch of video into one spot and trying to assume brutality is going up is misleading.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Well you shouldn't say "I don't get you americans" Cause we aren't all like that.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Now where's the police compilation video of all the good deeds that are done on a daily basis and outweighs the bad actions by 99%? Oh there isn't any you say..why's that? I will continue to defend my police force...sure there are bad ones but that his human nature not cop nature.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Now where's the police compilation video of all the good deeds that are done on a daily basis and outweighs the bad actions by 99%? Oh there isn't any you say..why's that? I will continue to defend my police force...sure there are bad ones but that his human nature not cop nature.

That's kind of my point.

There is no hard data in this thread to support an uptick in police violence. There is a video posted and assumptions being made.

Maybe it is going up and maybe it is going down. No empirical evidence either way.

I could post a compilation of violent kangaroo attacks and put out the notion that all kangaroos are becoming a threat because of their violent tendencies but it wouldn't be accurate from a short video clip.

Tail wagging the dog here.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
that first guy is looking for trouble plain and simple. What a jerk!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100

Well you shouldn't say "I don't get you americans" Cause we aren't all like that.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

Truer words were never spoken.

I would give you 50 stars if I could.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Of course they aren't. I used "Americans" because you are loud when expressing your rights to bare arms...

Meant no offence towards "good ones".

I'm not sure about Europe in whole...but over here...walking around parading weapons will get you in to the slammer in no time...and no sane person would object to that.

I realize America is different that way...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Casualboy100

Of course they aren't. I used "Americans" because you are loud when expressing your rights to bare arms...

Meant no offence towards "good ones".

I'm not sure about Europe in whole...but over here...walking around parading weapons will get you in to the slammer in no time...and no sane person would object to that.

I realize America is different that way...

Totally different cultures, views, beliefs, histories...you cannot compare one part of the world to another and hold them to equal standards.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

We aren't all loud with our rights

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I merely expressed my own view in stating that I won't ever consider normal. I tried to suspend judgment on my fellow human beings that live in the US.

I do not wish to compare cultures. Anyway..didn't mean to offend...but perhaps did.

But you all should just suck it up anyways
You are still part of that culture...whether you like it or not...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Please stay on topic, I don't want another derailed thread. Thank you.
edit on 7-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Well considering that at any given time in the US there are between 30,000 and 40,000 police on active duty, and also considering the amount of good deeds they do, don't you think that your trying to paint them in a bad light.

Any organization with that many individuals is going to have some people doing things they shouldn't.

The good they do probably far outweighs the bad.

I think that for you to be shocked because someone put a collection of them together is making you biased to the actual facts. We always need to put things into perspective and hopefully those using their powers to abuse get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well of course many cops are good. However, all I was saying was, we're paying the corrupt cops to do their job upholding the law, and their abusing their power and acting like Nazis.

I am sorry if it came out in a biased way.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity

Well of course many cops are good. However, all I was saying was, we're paying the corrupt cops to do their job upholding the law, and their abusing their power and acting like Nazis.

I am sorry if it came out in a biased way.

Yes of course but as I pointed out earlier I believe that those occurrences are happening less and less now that seemingly everything they do is either videotaped by their car or a bystander with a cell phone. I believe this makes them more wary then in the past when the chances of them getting caught were less likely.

It is a high adrenaline job so its obvious to expect violence to erupt from them at times. A bad day coupled with a bad criminal can result in an officer stepping across the line. That is not to say its acceptable but you can certainly see how it plays out.

Maybe we should give them more stress training or something but there really are not a lot of options to prevent this type of thing from happening. Definitely hold them accountable however and remove them from the force if they are proven to not be capable.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here are just some old statistics but it gives you an idea of where we stand.

Taking from a comment from the site:

There are nearly half a million (Approximately 415,000) cops in the united states. According to this graphic, police brutality is extremely rare. According to this graphic, 0.012 percent of our nations law enforcement officers were even reported on misconduct, let alone found guilty of it. 99.98 percent of the police that protect our nation’s people are well trained professionals that simply have the desire to serve our community. Instead of spending so much time creating a page that clearly shows how extremely rare misconduct in law enforcement is, why don’t you create a page that talks about how every 54 hours a police officer is killed in the line of duty. Or how for every one firefighter killed on duty, three police officers are killed on duty.

www.copblock.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Let me say something. Sure, 99% of police do great deeds, your not wrong there. But often times the occurrences of police brutality happen to someone who did something that really isn't that bad, like being found with some marijuana. It's not murderers that it happens to. This is a big deal that we need to spend time fixing, and police who over abuse there need to be prosecuted.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Cops throwing girls in their back seat raping them, throwing a pregnant lady on the ground then tazing her. Killing 90 year men in their own house. There are hundreds of examples that we have lowered the standards on employing our cops. They are exactly like the SS.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join