It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas a satanic ritual?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
with all the materialism now would not surprise me

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

What a fascinating take on Christmas. Notwithstanding that I am a non-believer in a god that claims to be all righteous, all knowing, and above all else, all loving AND merciful, I did enjoy your take on Christmas as a satanic festival.

But, I do see a bit of a glitch. I mean what entity could possibly be more satanic that god itself. By virtue of reading, observing, and extrapolating, I find it absolutely impossible to believe there's any supernatural entity that cares one whit about anyone other than itself.

Vengeful and jealous, this entity has the unmitigated gall to claim that it's also loving and merciful. Hmmm, seems to me that both sides of that equation cancel each other out, leaving me with a goose egg for a god.

I wouldn't take for a friend one who showed any signs of having the vengeful and jealous genes. Why then would I choose to love and obey a supernatural entity hardwired with these same traits? I wouldn't--of course.

As long as I can remember I've always gone back to this fundamental question, at what point will this god be sufficiently satiated with the horror and terror he has going on within this sad burgeoning world population? How much more human misery will it take before it feels avenged of man's "original sin"? The god worshiped in churches and synagogues throughout the world is the best example of a psychopath that I can come up with.

So on Christmas day, I imbibe a wee bit, enjoy family and friends, ingest a magnificent turkey dinner replete with pumpkin pie with dollops of whip cream; then, take pointed note of just how lucky I am to have been born into a rather privileged family (not a financially rich one) and thus given (no earning involved) a great deal of opportunity not afforded to billions of others. My good fortune? A matter of sheer luck, pure and simple. I was deserving of none of it any more than billions of others are deserving of having been born into families in war torn countries or into abusive homes well dotted over every country.

Again, most fortuitously, I was taught ethics, empathy and a sense of fair play. Notwithstanding this auspicious beginning, I still must hasten to admit to a few (all right, if you insist, MANY) human flaws--yet even then with my various warts which surface from time to time, I'm still head and shoulders over the vengeful and jealous god that others think so highly of. But the kicker--the mind blowing kicker--is that the blame for all cases of inhumanity to man goes--of course--to man. The supernatural entity unlike mere mortal parents takes no responsibility for its creation. I'm thinking that there's something askew with this picturel. A god lacking conscience and a genuine love of his creations deserves scorn, not love and blind obedience. As I imagine a child being senselessly battered by a "care giver" who himself/herself suffered great abuse as a child, I see them both as children requiring serious help. I also see a god who observes and does not intervene as a verifiable monster. This entity expects a higher standard from mere mortals than it expects from itself. Apparently, the one thing for which it can rise to the occasion is judgment.

In some people's eyes, these are blasphemous remarks--but nevertheless it's the truth as I see it.

So what people do with Christmas is neither here nor there to me, although I would definitely agree it's presently being used by businesses to up the ante in their coffers--and of course, the well indoctrinated sheeple watch and drool over the vast array of goodies which the advertisers copiously and creatively display on t.v., the internet, and in the newspapers. Yep, Praise the Lord and pass the merchandise!! Merry Christmas!!

If by chance anyone should respond, kindly note that I must in good conscience refuse to take the bible as proof of anything. It is a book written over the centuries to frighten, control, and shamelessly intimidate the great unwashed. It is the creme de la creme of written propaganda.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yes it is.. i thought that was common knowledge.. did you just discover this?? It is no longer christmas btw it is holidays.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
with alot of the christmas origin being german wouldnt it be Übermensch Santa.... LOL sorry could not resist. Interesting thoughts though op. Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
duplicate post mods please remove. thanks
edit on 8-5-2013 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
its all about mushrooms

and certain unlockings

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by abbey7777

jesus was born?

hahaha

where was he born? hahaha

no seeds ? hahaha

u are all fooled ,very good...i feel sorry for u actually.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well if you believe myriad Winter Solstice festivals of antiquity, Yule, Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, and Sinterklaas are satanic, then yes. If not, then no.

I personally feel that the term "satanic" is used too loosely and applied to too broad a wealth of human activities, but to each their own.

Peace.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The satanic ritual or not, it is true that most such festivals are created with political purpose.

A good example is Hindu festival of Diwali which is celebrated on the wrong date. It normally occurs in October or early November while as it should be in late Feb or March according to evidence present in Ramayana.

So Diwali is most likely started by Hindu king Vikramaditya as his victory celebration rather than Ram's.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
...I think this is a very interesting thread...and I agree with the originator of this thread , The Black hat...

I think his thoughts and theories indeed have much merit...!

Kudos!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i saw a couple others here post the same stuff like me,only with pics and stuff...,if u never took the holy grail u wont understand it,talking about it wont do anything ,even knowing about it,u have to experience it.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Elbereth11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Christmas is a pagan holiday just like easter. It is not even mentioned in the Bible. It was incorporated into the Christian calendar when the roman empire was converting to christianity. In order to prevent the roman empire from splitting into 2 factions (original pagan believers and christianity) Constantine (the first Christian emperor, although he chose to dismis a lot of the bible) incorporated these pagan holidays into Christianity (the begining of the roman catholic church....which many christians today believe is not a christian belief system as it carries more pagan beliefs than christian). Remember the inquisition, millions of people were tortured and killed at the hands of the Roman Catholic church.....most of them Christians for the crime of owning a bible....Roman Catholisism is pagan. The book of revelations even refers to rome as a whore. which is probably why catholics choose to dismis parts of the bible.

So to say Santa Claus is a Christian entity is laughable, it has absolutley zero to do with the Bible. Giving presents and lying to your kids is not from Christianity. Non christians do this also. In fact there are more Christians today that do not celebrate christmas around the world. I am one of them. I know Christianity in the US is absolutley rotten to the core (just like most things there) and can understand the growing hatred toward christianity there but before making claims like this, you need to do some homework first. So, to say Santa Clause is a christian entity is totally nonsence.
If it is not in the Bible it is not christian....it is that simple really. Regardless what the money grabbing self proclaimed christians in the US say.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It wouldn't suprise me. Evil always presents itself as good.

Christmas is about people being emotionally manipulated into spending money that they can't afford. That is why credit card debt skyrockets every January.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
satan lucas www.ohmygif.com... postpones a gift

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldyk
You know you can't spell Santa without

S-A-T-A-N

Christmas is an allegory for the winter solstice. God's sun dies on the cross December 21, is dead for three days Dec 22, 23, 24. and then rises December 25. just watch the documentary Zeitgeist, it has a nice explanation. I think at some time in the past the winter solstice was removed from the story and moved to Easter, where the cross story makes no sense. But the birth of God's sun remained December 25.

IMO if you believe in God or the creator, then you should celebrate the winter solstice because it is within his power to let the sun die and leave us in darkness. So I say let's celebrate, gifts presents, singing, family, good food. I see nothing wrong with it.

What??? First off, Zeitgeist is way off on quite a few things. It is a futurist movement so that's no surprise.
When you say God's son, do you mean Yeshua? If so then that whole paragraph about dying on Dec 21 and the date being moved to Easter is a total fabrication.

It is very well documented that Yeshua was executed at the time of the passover. It was in the Jews best interest to leave no doubt that he was dead. There were hundreds and hundreds of witnesses, Roman and Jew.

There are some issues with Easter but that's for another thread.

Basically, there is absolutely NO connection between Yeshua and the month of December.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here's a photo that makes the connection with hallucinogenic mushrooms (amanita muscaria). There is no doubt that Santa is a way to keep the old traditions alive in the Christian context. I'm not sure if Santa and Satan, in the sense of the old pagan god of fun, mischief and sex, (Saturnalia?) is the right correspondence but my guess is that it is.

www.etsy.com...

He may also be connected, in some communities, to the West African deity, Shango. Note the colors, red and white.

www.dailykos.com...

Syncretism occurs where religions collide. If one is forbidden by the other, the former may take on the trappings of the latter to disguise its continued observances. Santeria is the classic blend of Christian and West African elements. Another one is Pocomania

www.encyclopedia.com...

Pocomania
The Concise Oxford Dictionary of World Religions | 1997 | JOHN BOWKER | 587 words | Copyright

Pocomania or Pukkumina (possibly from Span., ‘a little madness’). Afro-Jamaican cults descended from surviving forms of African religion mixed with Protestant elements from the time of the Great Revival in Jamaica in 1860–2. They take the form of small local ‘bands’ led by a ‘Captain’, ‘Mother’, or ‘Shepherd/ess’ who lives at and rules over the band's Yard. Pocomania passes over into ancestor-spirit cults on one side, and into Revival Zion on the other, and some adherents belong to the Christian churches.

Note the reference to "a little madness". Saturnalia? Do these people make the Santa/Shango connection? If they do it would be an example of an element syncretized into one religion and then syncretized again by a third religion. A sort of Trojan horse within a Trojan horse.

Santa also has a connection to reindeer, which were/are the focus of some shamanistic cults. Note the stylized aura-like or cloudy horns on the reindeer in this piece.

ferrebeekeeper.wordpress.com...

edit on 9-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by leftofplumb

Your view of YWH is quite a common one and I think it's reasonable to hold this view. If we read the current bible (it has 66 books) then quite frankly, a lot of old testament acts do not make any sense. How can a good and just God send His people out to commit genocide?

Unfortunately, various religious organisations decided that they knew better than God and removed some books that were originally there. Some of these omitted books explain why God acts the way He does. The dead sea scrolls are pretty damning in this regard as it highlights the corruption of these religious organisations.

In fact, Yeshua himself references some of these books in the new testament so they were common knowledge to the people of the time.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The Catholic church (in 336 AD) declared December 25th (on the Julian calendar) to be Yeshua's birthday in order to replace a pagan Roman holiday, Saturnalia. Ironically, December 25th was a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. The early church, in an attempt to get rid of the pagan holiday, declared December 25th to be the birthday of the Son of God.

www.hebrew4christians.com...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I cant believe some people are upset with me over this thread, when it is as clear as day and historically documented, that Christmas is a pagan festival, one hijacked by Constantine to introduce his version of Christianity.

This is the problem so many "Christians" have these days, they are in complete and total denial of their own traditions and the traditions they follow like Christmas which are not even Christian.

If the churches mentioned in revelation are indeed the ones that promote things such as Christmas, and cutting down ferns and decorating them in tacky glitter, as some kind of homage to Christ. Remember its been acknowledged repeatedly by most churches and scholars, that Dec 25th is not the birthday of Jesus..weather you believe in his historical existence or not, Dec 25 has never been accepted as his birth anyway. So why would you celebrate it if your a christian??? See, people don't want to take any of the actual facts on board.

Again, it is not me stating paganism is satanic, however plenty of Christians would make that assumption, which credits them even more with ignorance as it's Christians who celebrate the pagan festival of Christmas..

Satanism to me just means things of the earth. Worshiping things of the earth. I mean it's not hard to figure out. if you desire earthly things, it leads to earthly emotions, which are interpreted as sins in Christianity. in Buddhism it's the same principal, earthly attachments, being attached to things of the earth, including people, takes you further away from Nirvana or God in Christianity.

If you believe in a spiritual God, Jesus and afterlife. then it's the spiritual life and spiritual God, your supposed to concentrate on and worship, if your a christian. I don't think any christian can debate me on this.

When Jesus said "no one comes to the father but through me", it does not mean to worship the man Jesus, or his image or turn Christianity into the personality cult is has degenerated to. Rather, it obviously means to get to God you need to follow Jesu's example in life. I mean why else would the new testament be full of stories and examples of how Jesus lived and especially how Jesus REJECTED THE MATERIAL WORLD. He stayed celibate and didn't even put up a fight to save his MORTAL body.

Christmas is the reveres of rejecting the material world. In fact it is 100 percent the reverse. Its the one time of the year we go absolutely overboard with stuffing our faces with food, buying and EXPECTING TO RECEIVE expensive gifts. LYING TO THE KIDS to undermine our supposed beliefs. None of this is Christian, its the exact opposite of the spiritual life.

There is nothing wrong with a celebration, even one such as Christmas, but to cross it with supposed Christian values, makes a mockery of Christianity. It also makes a mockery of Paganism to have their old religion hijacked by another faith.

And for those who cant see the forest for the trees...Who promotes Christmas every year??? I mean really promotes it, because even the Churches warn against the materialist consumerist anti christian aspect of Christmas. It's the mainstream media, that's who really rams the messages about Christmas home. All the commercials, months before Christmas even starts, all the stores decked out with decorations months before. If this isn't all satanic and of the world and materialism, then what is. People are just in denial. Christmas is 100 percent anti christian because its all about me,me,me, and your encouraged to promote those selfish values in your own kids. How can any of that be christian??????????????????? A religion about being selfless and not of this world.

edit on 9-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
And for those who cant see the forest for the trees...Who promotes Christmas every year???

It wouldn't be the worshippers of the "Golden Calf" would it? Among others.

You have an interesting "internet handle" that can be related to this thread in a surprising way.

Voila! A black hatted one guards the entrance to the chimney. Will he let Santa in? Maybe.

www.homestead.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join