It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more Allah Hu Akbar.. Go on ********

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh not just America.. Canada, UK, and many other countries have "god" in their anthems or pledges and other government/country based things.

I personally think its silly to include it.

Well, it would be silly, if nobody believed in God.

But, since most of the world still believes in God, although giving him different names, here and there, it's not silly at all to reference the holy dad.

When most people stop believing that they had a creator, and start believing they descended from monkey instead, then. God will let them take his name out of their pledges, their anthems, and their other public sayings.

I don't think God want's his name associated with any descendants of monkeys.

After all, God said he made man in his own image

And image is everything.

edit on 8-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I will lay out my belief for everyone, and hopefully it will benefit at least one person. It is my belief that religion is about spiritual growth, and nothing else. Every single thing that has any worth in religion is about spiritual growth. This growth is highly rooted in psychology as well. What the Bible refers to as original sin is in fact synonymous with laziness. Every person has this inherent laziness that makes them reject spiritual growth. In growing spiritually a person also grows psychologically, emotionally, etc. Any healthy relationship is also about each person nurturing the spiritual growth of the other person.

I personally chose Christianity as the "correct" religion because it is the only religion that aligns itself with the principals that I believe govern every person on earth. Every single thing Jesus said, once it is understood, was about spiritual growth. I also believe that many mental illnesses would best be treated through psychoanalysis, a nurturing relationship between a therapist and a patient, and spiritual growth. People can completely change their outlook by simply gaining an understanding of how things really are. Anyway, what does all this have to do with this thread?

Well, I feel that too many other religions, and even Christianity with some people, have strayed away from the true ideas of religion. And because of this fact, they place too much importance on things that were never intended to be important, things that do the opposite of nurturing spiritual growth. I find Islam to be a false religion for many reasons, but I will attempt to articulate my main points for you guys. Islam, whether one realizes it or not, is based entirely off of Judaism and Christianity. Mohammed was drawn to this religion during a time when most of the population where he lived still worshiped idols. He spent some time learning about these religions, but it is obvious from things that he taught and said that he had a very limited understanding of these religions.

It is after he learned about these religions that he claimed to have visions from God. That's fine. Maybe he did. But, it is obvious that many of his teachings simply made apparent his lack of understanding, and thus placed doubt on his claims of divine revelation. For instance, regarding Jesus he claimed that the man was not divine. Okay, in itself there is nothing wrong with this argument, even though I believe it to be wrong. But he takes it one step further, and sticks his foot in his mouth by stating that although Jesus was not divine, His virgin birth via Mary was accurate. Anyone who understand Christian doctrine will immediately see this is a glaring contradiction. There are other inconsistencies of that nature that lead me to believe this person either made up his claims, or he did not accurately teach what he was given through divine revelation. I find the latter to be absurd for a few reasons, so I personally think the former is more likely.

But that Islam, Judaism, and Christianity intend to worship the same God is no secret. Anyway, some of the teachings of Islam regarding how to treat other people are either wrong, or the doctrine is not practiced correctly be believers of this religion. I know a bit about Islam, and I still have a hard time figuring out if it is really telling followers to go out and kill anyone who is not a member of the same religion. If so, it is just more proof that the religion is not about nurturing spiritual growth. And if so, it just shows that many Muslims are not practicing their religion correctly. Neither reflect well on the Muslim followers in my opinion.

I get frustrated with Israel as well for similar reasons. I know Judaism well, seeing as that is the basis of the religion I believe in, and I know that Judaism is the religion that gave us the ten commandments. Israel, like some Arab countries, is a state that is based on a religion. There is no separation of church and state. Thus it is appalling to me that this religious government does not even follow what it supposedly believes. If you read the Christian Bible, the New Testament, it becomes apparent that Jesus rebuked many Jews for this same thing. They were all about appearances, and neglected what the religion truly taught. What is important is loving your neighbor, showing compassion, and doing other things that nurture spiritual growth, all the while remembering to be thankful and praise God for everything in your life. People nowadays seem to claim a certain religion while not practicing what they preach. Many are Christians.

Recently I was thinking about the contradictions of many Republicans. They claim to be highly religious Christians here in the US, yet many of their policies are anti-Christian to the highest degree. Like some of the ancient Jews during the time of Jesus, these people are about appearances. They want to claim they are righteous, while truly they are the opposite. And all of this plays a role today.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

how do you think this war is going to be any different for the human psyche then any of the wars fought before it?

Through my short 26 years on this earth I don't see how its possible that man kind will ever come together at least peacefully

."IM READY TO FIGHT FOR FREEDOM FREEDOM FROM RELIGION"
So your saying you would have no problem partaking in a global slaughter of every man, woman, and child who believed in a deity? Now your not sounding much different then your fanatical Muslims. You believe we need to come together and unite and search the universe for life why? What are you hoping for, to find an intelligent alien race to tell you the meaning of life or better yet give you the ability to live forever through there technologically advanced civilization ? now it sounds like your looking for your salvation.

Here's my problem with your hopes and dreams, even if life was created from nothing most likely it is a very rare occurrence. Which means even in the most promising places it probably wont be there, and whats the point anyways? So human kind unites, spends a crap load of money on researching light speed and shoots a rocket into space to find a amoeba, after wasting a countless amount of money and searching millions of planets. All so you can say I told you so to the religious fanatics, oh wait you cant cause there all dead because you were the zealot who said kill them all.

I'm sorry I know you want to hook up with a hot space chick and you feel that religion is the only thing stopping you. But space women don't have vagina's they have stigmas, cause they evolved from plants so your incompatible with them anyways so just give up.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

In reality the ones to blame is the US and it's ever imperialist nature and then it's little brother Israel who continue to wave their apartheid flag and warfilled rethoric.

Bah, they've been fighting over that sand since long before the US or Israel ever EXISTED....

And this warring has little to do with religion, it's all about control of resources, just like any other war. All sides may use their god as their rallying call, but it really has nothing to do with it. One group wants to take control from another group....is what it all boils down to. They may kill themselves, but they'll still blame us, of course.

True, we've done nothing but pour gasoline on the fire, but you can't accuse the US or Israel of starting this whole mess.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
ok... a thread full of ignorance, so let my join with my theory...

IT IS ALL THE EGYPTIANS!
If they would have kept Moses, the religions would not exist now!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I know the meaning of Life to me means to be Free, to be happy, to be creative.... this is what Freedom is to me.

At the moment too many are trapped and imprisoned in the system.

As to what we should be aiming for or had aimed for many years ago, I believe our mission was to find a way off this planet!!

We are close to doing so but there are still people here hellbent on not letting it happen.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Moses went from living in a palace to wandering the desert for 40 years. Was he really all that bright? Methinks not. Stupid Moses....

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
ok... a thread full of ignorance, so let my join with my theory...

IT IS ALL THE EGYPTIANS!
If they would have kept Moses, the religions would not exist now!

The egyptions had a religion. RA. Remember everyone likes to say christianity is a hack job of it.

At least go that route, it sounds more trendy

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by aLLeKs

Moses went from living in a palace to wandering the desert for 40 years. Was he really all that bright? Methinks not. Stupid Moses....

If you believe that then you believe he can part the sea. Its a trade off. How is that not bright

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Jus coz i can en y not u kno u can jus scroll by

War Machined

Why, in war, are we so taxed?
If you should wish to war,
leave your fellow man and country behind.
Go fight in the sea and drown in your pettiness.
I'm sure this slight flies by more than just I.

Those who've seen the human,
conditioned,
lecherous in sin,
unmasked and carried whimsy-less
through cold deserts and dark jungles,
through cities burning,
pungent with the acrid corpse flame
of a gas masked soldier-toy.
Memory is past, to those
who've bled deaths blood,
letting run dry
their mind with time.

Mindless.
Weak and futile -
machined, dreamed 9 to 5.
Subtle hints toward what's real,
though much too much like an exhausted star.
We survive a cruel life
to death,
meaningless, with no true feel -
contribution to death's evil hand.

A hope exists,
shedding tears of longing,
floating - tattered wings - shallow breathing.
The fires dim in our souls
for this is not a world for children...
no more than it is for cattle,
pumped and culled; feeding festering beliefs
to a society that wishes to play in the sand,
but is left tossing around frothing seas...
...fire-blood in the water,
curdling and staining,
denying nursery thoughts a grasp on reason.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
Jus coz i can en y not u kno u can jus scroll by

War Machined

Why, in war, are we so taxed?
If you should wish to war,
leave your fellow man and country behind.
Go fight in the sea and drown in your pettiness.
I'm sure this slight flies by more than just I.

Those who've seen the human,
conditioned,
lecherous in sin,
unmasked and carried whimsy-less
through cold deserts and dark jungles,
through cities burning,
pungent with the acrid corpse flame
of a gas masked soldier-toy.
Memory is past, to those
who've bled deaths blood,
letting run dry
their mind with time.

Mindless.
Weak and futile -
machined, dreamed 9 to 5.
Subtle hints toward what's real,
though much too much like an exhausted star.
We survive a cruel life
to death,
meaningless, with no true feel -
contribution to death's evil hand.

A hope exists,
shedding tears of longing,
floating - tattered wings - shallow breathing.
The fires dim in our souls
for this is not a world for children...
no more than it is for cattle,
pumped and culled; feeding festering beliefs
to a society that wishes to play in the sand,
but is left tossing around frothing seas...
...fire-blood in the water,
curdling and staining,
denying nursery thoughts a grasp on reason.

Copy and paste skills from deep underground are exquisite, very novel

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

If you believe that then you believe he can part the sea. Its a trade off. How is that not bright

Hyperbole aside, he gave up being the Pharoah's brother to wander the desert with a bunch of ex-slaves. That's assuming even the base part of this is accurate. Sounds kind of crazy to me. I'm sure the "40 years" bit is likely a translation error or exaggeration....as is the Red Sea parting.

Or...

At the right spot – a sharp bend where a shallow river meets a coastal lagoon – and with the right contours of a waterway's bottom, wind moving across the bend could in effect push water both upstream and downstream, exposing the bottom. When the sustained winds finally die down, water returns from both directions to cover the muddy land bridge.

The phenomenon is known as wind setdown. Modeling results that the team conducted of a section of the eastern Nile Delta suggest that it could have had the right characteristics some 3,000 years ago to provide a temporary wind-swept land bridge for a group fleeing Egypt.

Even after the commandments bit, he wandered the wilderness. (going by scripture).

Still, this is a slight derailment, so....my apologies. (and I love the avatar and member name, by the way). Greetings Starfighter....
edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
(I apologize for the slight hijack-ery on this thread
)
reply to post by LastStarfighter

well, yes. Tis myne own poem. Are you on DUP? If so, what's your username? Would be awesome to know someone from ATS is there.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
In reality the ones to blame is the US and it's ever imperialist nature and then it's little brother Israel who continue to wave their apartheid flag and warfilled rethoric..

In reality .. the ones to blame are just about everyone over there ... From the Muslim extremists .. to Hamas and their kiddie programs which tell Palestinian children that jews are not human but are instead apes and pigs ... to Israel ... to America not minding it's own business ... to Iran and it's puppet terrorists Hezbollah ... to the murdering Syrian government ... to Al-Qaida ... etc ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join