It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your National Anthem suck! Australia has the answer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In Australia we don't take life too seriously. As a pastime, we sometimes argue about the National Anthem. But once a real solution presented itself. Something good, that we could relate to. If you respect other Nations you should stand for the first 30 seconds or so, then do as we do and relax.

So, what music should your anthem be played to. Let's rock the world!

P

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
this should be our national anthem bro

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

UK should have God save, God save Lizzie to the tune of We Will Rock You by Queen

US should have Born in the USA Bruce Springsteen, not sure how that scans with the original words though

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
That was petty cool.Thanks for making my night. Go Barnsey

I saw this Telstra Commercial years ago and although I hate most Telco's I do think this song would be an inspiring national anthem as well
We Are One.

I think this song would stir the heart strings of most non-Aussies too.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Trubeeleever because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
With the way America has been acting lately this would be our new anthem.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

That is a version of this one and it is very nice. If you want to listen to the full version!

P

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

I saw this Telstra Commercial years ago and although I hate most Telco's I do think this song would be an inspiring national anthem as well

Thought I would embed that one for you - It would be a seriously good replacement anthem.

or even the original

Sorry pheonix, you beat me to it

edit on 7-5-2013 by kennyb72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by kennyb72 because: Didn't notice it had already been posted

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

No probs. We have some wonderful songs about our country, songs that really tell it like it really is.

It is a pity some people get put off by some of our wildlife, seriously, who wants to go to the USA and meet a Grizzly bear, Africa and meet Lions or the subcontinent and meet Bengal Tigers. (Actually, I do but then, I'm an Aussie)

It is all the same and you only need to listen to the guide and only if your in an area that has not been tamed. That is the same almost everywhere on the planet.

Hand feeding tame wallabies and kangaroos is awesome. It is a largely peaceful place with much of it unspoiled.

P

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Wow, nice, Australia does not have the word "god" in it.

Every other country has it!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
as an australian i approve this

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Wow, nice, Australia does not have the word "god" in it.

Every other country has it!

Our country has no official religion. In fact, it states in our constitution that the government is not allowed to impose a particular religion on the people (so i heard). Our current PM is an atheist...

As a matter of fact though, Australia used to share the same anthem with Britain, until it was changed to what it is now, Advance Australia Fair.

edit on 7-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This song explains Australia fairly well...so it could very well be our new national anthem

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Hand feeding tame wallabies and kangaroos is awesome. It is a largely peaceful place with much of it unspoiled.

Pademelons down our way along with possums, Echidnas, wombats, devils and foxes ??FOXES?? Think I'll spot a thylacine before I see a fox. Heaven on earth mate!

edit on 7-5-2013 by kennyb72 because: add quote

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72

UK should have God save, God save Lizzie to the tune of We Will Rock You by Queen

US should have Born in the USA Bruce Springsteen, not sure how that scans with the original words though

I would go for Born in the USA as the US anthem. Cool track. Great to hear it at the Olympics wouldn't it.

P

new topics

top topics

join