It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify what this object is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
its one of these. a Thaumatrope. attach some string to where the notches are in the glass and spin it. like the video. the pic on the other side should merge with it into an optical illusion. have fun.

www.behance.net...
edit on 7-5-2013 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
it looks like a scarf buckle...

I'll second this suggestion if we look at the functional shape.

Google antique glass scarf buckle (for example) and check under images.

Example 1

Example 2

Although it may be a bit big for a scarf buckle. Either way, personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Something can only harm you if you allow it.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Probably just some mumbo jumbo your neighbor put there to scare you.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Fused glass window hanger......ornament.....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
He posts a sign telling you to keep out of his yard, but he comes into your yard and picks up sticks?

Exactly, it makes me think that he has something suspicious happening on his property, why else would he be SO concerned with us staying off his property when we've never even set foot there?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's a piece of junk. There is no voodoo or witchcraft in that thing. But I've seen a witch doctor enchant a wristwatch before so it could be magical. Maybe it's there because neighbor thought it was yours. Because maybe it is; whatever, it's yours now and if it bothers you, you can break it.

Keep out of his yard and stop talking about him online. Makes you sound like a punk, probably under the influence of something with the way this stupid object makes you paranoid.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
An hourglass,... marking time.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
Keep out of his yard and stop talking about him online. Makes you sound like a punk, probably under the influence of something with the way this stupid object makes you paranoid.

Here's a deal - I'll keep out of his yard if you keep out of my thread. Makes you sound like a weasely old man.

I'm ZERO paranoid. I'm interested and intrigued. I'm not yet at your advanced age when everything in the world pisses me off because I wasted my life, I still enjoy a good mystery from time to time.
edit on 8-5-2013 by BrandonD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Perhaps he is your neighbour.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

Hey there, I'm inclined to think it's a simple window hanger ... your neighbour may well have put it there in an attempt to freak you out (he sounds a little weird) but it certainly doesn't resemble any kind of occult symbol I've ever seen in over 25yrs of being a practicing witch.

My advise to you would be to play him at his own game.

Draw a picture of an eye on your side of the property but facing his property (on a paper/board nailed to a stick and hammered in the ground or on a tree / fence / side of house in chalk) ... it doesn't have to be big or elaborate just something 'he' will notice.

Just the image may be enough to stop him in his tracks and make him think twice (if he thinks you know what he's up to and don't appear to be intimidated by his little mind-games) but on a more 'magickal / occult' level you will be protecting yourselves and your property by using this simple symbol ... for example if it is positioned to face his property it will reflect back any negativity that he is sending to you (without you actually wishing harm on him) and it will send his negativity / ill-intent back to him 3 times stronger than he originally sends out ... in other words he will be too busy dealing with the things he has created himself and not have time to bother you.

Woody

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'd be interested to know the timeline of events including the mysterious object incident, the placement of signs, and the making of this thread along with anything else that may be of interest like your move in date, and was the neighbor there when you moved in? Did the signs come before the object? Sorry if I missed those details.

Also, how was it "on" the window if, as you said, it was not stuck on there? I notice there is string tied to each side, was it always cut short like that? Or did you cut it down or something? Was it just sitting on the window sill or a ledge, and just kinda leaning back onto the window?

Careful, I think your neighbor might be here posting in your thread... I saw a post that struck me as rather odd. But then again maybe it was just one of the many aholes of the world manifesting its presence here to balance out all the nice and helpful friendly people in here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join