It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

When there is a demonic presence there doesn't need to be anything that your 5 senses can detect. They tend to induce extreme fear in individuals of their choosing by their presence. As a child I would wake up terrified and hide under the covers, until they began pulling the covers from off of me, and holding on to them just meant that I would be dragged off of the bed with the covers, shortly after the horror peaked I would black out. This went on until I began praying to Jesus, before becoming a christian there were many times that I would be unable to speak his name but just thinking it was usually enough to immediately end the episode, eventually I would be able to speak his name then the episode would always end immediately and often dramatically.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Hi RealTruth your reply is the one i relate to,most of all.Thank you

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The absolutely worst nightmare I have ever had??

Since I am such a vivid dreamer, and can recall 95% of all my dreams. I have to write them down, or slowly they fade into the ether. But nightmares. I try to forget them. They have been bad!!!!

Just the pure real feeling you get while in these states gives something to be thought about.

I can not write out my worst nightmare on this website. Far to graphic, sexual, and just out right better to be forgotten and glad it was a dream.

But I have woken from nightmares, only to find myself still dreaming. Ive woke up to 6 times in a dream before I finally got back to here.. And where ever here is.. Could be another very real dream, all be it, a very persistent one.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I had a dream where aliens came into the world. THe sky was a an dark blueish color and there was some deep fog out side. Then aliens started attacking the house. and turning everyone into zombies. THis one zombie who looked like the exorcist broke into my room and tried to attack me and thats where my dream ended
it freaked me out.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you so much for all your replies,i need to get around to some other stuff also,but i will be back fresh in the morning to reply to everyone i have'nt got to, tonight.I appreciate your sharing,so much.Best wishes and a great eve/day/night,wherever you are in the world,Rax.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just couldn't resist the opportunity to get to share some more of the freaky stuff I've had happening to me in my parents current house. Plenty of paranormal going on there, I'll tell you that. Probably the most frightening thing I've EVER experienced during nighttime/while asleep was when I spent a night there a little less than a month ago. Although this isn't a nightmare story I find it kind of fitting what the OP is looking for. So:

I was asleep, probably had been for an hour or so and I wake up to the sensation of someone slapping my cheek and mouth area. So I sit up by reflex and look around to see what's going on. To the side of my bed is a somewhat of a short, no more than 1,5 meters tall totally black, but also somewhat seetrough (I remember seeing the plants in our kitchen through it) outline of a figure wearing some kind of hood. (I guess this is what many refer to as a shadow person). So after noticing it we exchange looks for what felt like an eternity but was probably no more than 20 seconds. It just stood there looking at me, or at least I imagine it was looking at me because there were no eyes or facial features but it's head seemed to be tilted forward a little like it was looking down at me. Eventually he faded away and I layed back down. My face really hurt the next day, there was some serious force behind that blow!

What makes this unique for me is that it's the first time I've actually been physically hurt by whatever lurks in the house. I've heard bangs and felt blows to the bed before, even gentle touching of my ear and back, but never something like this! Lets just say I'm not too found of that place x.x

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have some very bad and vivid nightmares.

Last night I dreamt that I was in a glass box, I always tend to see myself in a 3. person view when I am dreaming. Then it was like when the camera turns around the person in movies and when it goes back to it's original place, the background had changed. I was still in the glass box, but now I could see old dying trees and it was night, there was a forest in the background and a full moon lighting it up very weak.

Then a thin pale arm suddenly reaches in over the glass box I was standing in, and just hangs lifeless, I could not see what it was attached to on the other side, even though the box was made of glass. Then I woke up.

If there are any dream interpreters out there, I would very much like to hear what you think it was about

edit on 8-5-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Bears usually go for your head, but yes they have been known to go for one's privates, same with Chimps. Nah but I love Bears too, and have never had any bad experiences with them after all my years in the backcountry. Course, I properly store my food, so unless it's a Mother with cubs, they usually don't bother you.

I was backpacking up in the Yosemite high country years and years ago at Sunrise Lakes. This place is infamous for bears. I put a can of Kerns nector in the lake to chill it. My buddies and I were sitting by the fire and heard this crunch. Went over to the lake and a bear had bit into the can and sucked it dry. I always felt bad and hoped it didn't hurt itself. I can't believe how fast he went for it, and that he could see it underwater. They are pretty smart.

Anyways, for the next few hours there were 3 bears roaming around our campsite perimeter but they kept their distance. At first it was a little scary, but they never did anything but stare at us. The worse part was trying to sleep later that night while listening to them outside my tent. I didn't get up to pee that night.
Now I try to camp near streams or rivers so I don't have to hear every single twig or branch break. Course, These were Black Bears mind you, not Grizzlies. Nope, not a dream. This was the real deal. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe a year ago I had a dream that I was a detective, I was new so I had two partners. Now we were investigating a robbery in the "bad part of town" we found a witness who had Autism or some kind of retardation (sorry if that isn't the way to say that) so after the three of us and him drove around he pointed at a man who when we stopped started runnin one of my partners told me to stay with the kid while they both ran off after the suspect, as soon as they were both out of site, the witness started to run the other way, so I followed him, we went down an alley way and when i caught up to him there were 5 other guys there. I flashed my badge and the witness started laughing, I told him come on we have to go back, he growled and his face changed into the face of someone who was no longer harmless and he said "It isn't my job to protect you anymore" just as he said that the 5 men attacked, one of them pulled a knife I was able to take the knife and i stabbed him, the witness started laughing and pulled out something that I can only describe as an instrument to remove ones heart, I was stabbed by another knife right in the leg i fell to one knee and the witness walked right up to pulled my head back by my hair and said "This is for the betrayel" and thrusth the heart removing device at my chest, I blocked it but he was impossibly strong and the device went right into my chest inch by inch I remeber the pain vividly but i still fought to get it out, eventually i lost and it was hilt deep in my chest just as he twisted it I jerked awake. My hands were pulling an invisibile object from my heart and it felt like i was punched in the chest, i was sweating and I remember saying to myself it was just a dream, I didn't sleep the rest of the night.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Alright...what the hell. The worst dream I ever had was while taking Chantix (or however the stop smoking drug is spelled). I was going around calmly and over a long period of time dismembering people down to pieces that would fit in my hand. Then I would get up and continue my day until I encountered someone else and do it again. I woke up shaking and freaked. I will never take Chantix or any of these "f with your mind" drugs that seem to be the norm these days. Just watch for the "suicidal actions" warning and stay away.

But...as a child, I had one that is my number 2. I walked in on my parents sitting there naked...cutting off and exchanging body parts. Arms, feet, etc...and then sewing them on each other. And that was without drugs. Well...not Chantix

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by sandman441

Hi there sandman,i appreciate you sharing that dream.I had a deram with a fairly satanic element the other night-this Vlad Tepes-type figure wanred to force me and some other to bring little presents to Satan-gnarly and very upsetting,so i can relate a bit to your dream.sorry you had to one of those! The one where you were in the Vietnam war was different,and intriguing,thanks for your reply.

yeah for me that was the one and only religious dream I have ever had, It's a little weird.

The vietnam one was more of a hallucination I think, I know I was running a fever because I was really cold, but yeah it was weird because I really did feel and thought I saw that I was in a tent with other soldiers. I don't think that I have had a military dream either.

I grew up in a haunted house and I had this dream I was walking through a forrest with somebody else, not sure who it was but it was a boy about my age at the time so 10ish I think. and we were just walking down a forrest path and talking. and he told me a joke and I said stop it if I start laughing I am going to wake up. And I started laughing and woke up laughing. I didn't feel afraid or anything and I wasn't sure who it was

Originally posted by UnderGetty

I've woken with welts and marks after dreaming of being flogged.

you just reminded me of something, I had this dream that I was fighting somebody and my arm got cut off, I immediately woke up and my arm was throbbing like it just got cut off and the senstaion lasted for a good while too. like 10-15 minutes after I woke up.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hmm, the most disturbing and vivid nightmare I ever had:

I was at some sort of cheesy renaissance fair in a castle, somewhat unrelated. I was guided by two blokes who took me too a tower with an overlook on the festival, and they told me I had to get ready to speak to the crowd. I was like okay, I'm amiable, what for? Though I have some major fears of public speaking in real life. There was a big mirror, and while I was distracted looking at myself, almost semi-aware at this point the two guys turned into, for all intents and purposes, werewolves. One of them pulled out this crazy curved sickle, while the other recited some mirror mirror on the wall shyza. I got a poke in the back and the bottom of the neck that left me paralyzed. At this point It turned into a nightmare.

He took the sickle and, while I watched, cut off my face! Leaving only the muscle tissue and a disturbing grin. I was more shocked that it only felt like somebody took off a mask. My face just felt cold and obviously, exposed. Before my eyes started to pop out of my head, they put something else over my face, but I was finally shocked awake. I immediately felt my face to see if everything was where it should be. All I can think is, what the F?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The worst nightmares Ive ever had were apocalypse related. One apocalypse related dream I had the earth crumble before my feet as a huge earthquake struck, and I saw entire cities fall..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Hi Wandering-bushes with knives-wow! another unusual one,thanks for your reply.It may sound amusing,but i bet it was'nt for you,at the time

I actually just had a REALLY weird one last night, i can't remember it all but what i do goes like this

I started falling out of the sky again, but really high, higher then the earth,i closed my eyes because i knew i was going to hit the water, i hit the water swim to the top. I see a small rock island formation 10 feet away from me, so i swim over to it, when i start to climb the rock i remember i have two fingers on my right hand (pink and index) were cut in half and the pink was pretty much falling off (this happened from ealier in the dream but i forget how) so i pull myself up with my left hand and when i get to the peak of the rock i see some people on the other side. I yell for help, then a bunch of kids appear from around their rock that they were on and start swimming towards me yelling "Where is he, where is he?" then i realised automatically for some reason they were all blind kids, like literally blind. so i said "POLO" then one said "marco" and they're like ok i know where he is. They all started swimming towards me, then the rock island turned into a wooden raft, and it got dragged underwater, so i started swimming the other way, and some robot child with sharp teeth like a bar trap started swiming at me just chomping, then i start swimming faster, and i ran into this huge eel snake type creature and it just scared the # out of me and i woke up

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I haven't had many intense dreams, fortunately. Most of the unpleasant dreams I've had, I wouldn't even call nightmares. They were gut-wrenchingly awkward situational things, like being at university with finals approaching and realizing I'd never even attended the lectures for a certain class...and now the time had come to pay the piper. Nothing abstract or symbolic that I can recall.

The single dream I've had that I'd describe as a nightmare involved nuclear war. Supposedly, most people dream in back & white most of the time. Most of the dreams I remember were in color. This one certainly was.

In the dream, I was in Sacramento, California (a familiar place because I'd been stationed a few years earlier as a member of the U.S. Coast Guard). I was driving through a nondescript light-industrial neighborhood in my vehicle of the time, a Toyota pickup with a camper shell on the back.

There was no preamble or preliminary plot. I was driving, and suddenly there was an unbelievably intense flash of light. My truck was knocked over onto its right side and blown over the curb, across a parking lot, and up against the front wall of one of the low, one-story brick buildings along the street. I had a sense that the camper shell was the only thing that prevented the cab from being crushed by the force of the impact.

At that point, the dream ended. There was no aftermath of climbing out of the wreckage, walking through a ruined city, or anything like that. It just stopped.

What made this dream interesting to me was the detail. I could see the truck's steering wheel, the plastic faux wood of the instrument panel, the brushed-aluminum radio knobs and so forth with complete accuracy.

It's frustrating that I can't remember when I had the dream. It may have been influenced by "The Day After," a made-for-TV nuclear war film that had been broadcast at around that time. Or maybe not.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Pikadon because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2013 by Pikadon because: Edited for clarity.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My worst dreams always involve my teeth either they are falling out or destroyed with holes. Supposedly it means a change is coming in your life,
edit on 8-5-2013 by MrFuzzy because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrFuzzy

Hi MrFuzzy,i've never had dreams involving teeth,or damage to teeth,falling out,etc-but my youngest daughter gets these once in a while-she said her worst was that in a dream she fell flat on her face,and her teeth were all bent back,against the roof of her mouth.Eewwww.I told her to look up dream meanings for teeth-but being a teen,she has'nt gotten around to it

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Hi,thank you EL1A5,that sounds very creepy and scary-especially being one's mother that's the scary character in the nightmare-i can often picture what someone describes to me,dreams too-and this one gave me shivers! I especially picture the way she walked away from you+your relatives afterwards,creepy,creepy image!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have some pretty crazy nightmares, especially when I am sick. The worst one was in two parts.

In the first part I was walking in a desert of very smooth sand. In the distance there were pyramids made of gears and machinery. As I was walking, a disembodied voice that was very angry was yelling numbers at me.

In the second part I finally reached the pyramids and was confronted by men in suits, fedoras, and sun glasses. They offered to buy the planet earth from me. They didn't offer me very much, only a million dollars. For that million, I let them enslave humanity. When I woke from this dream I was so frightened, so sickened that I was in hysterics for over an hour. I sat in my bathroom screaming bloody murder, until a friend of mine came in the bathroom and calmed me down.

I have never been so frightened in my entire life, before or since I had that dream.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

Thank you Londoner,well that Is one fugly critter,i'm not surprised some folks had/have nightmares of it-you have them so very often though,recurring.Maybe it became a symbol for something in your waking life,that subconsciously you fear/worry about? Well i'm no expert dream analyst,just wondering why that specific nightmare character?In my way of thinking,it could symbolise a seemingly insurmountable problem,or a danger,maybe?Just speculating here.Thanks for sharing

edit on 9-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join