It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This was a disturbing one. In this dream, my mother and brother and I had been invited to a dinner for an organization, an introduction to the group and a chance for joining it. We went in and i immediately noticed how sick and perverse these people were. They were all wealthy and infuential, very prominent, but were engaged in all sorts of despicable acts.Human sacrifice was going to be the highlight of the evening , several missing children were there terrified. It was horrible. I looked around and knew we had to get out of there, and then I noticed that the guest of honor, waslking amongst them, was an inhuman demon. It noticed me but didn't make a move to come right over to me but I knew it would eventually. Just then, another invited man, a person with a distinct southern drawl, stood up and protested the nature of this group and said he would have nothing to do with them.
We bolted for the exit and got out, running across the street to where we had parked. I was determined to call the police but when I turned around I saw the place wasn't there, it was just an empty lot.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Worst nightmare?
We are living it!
The actual nightmares seem tame in this dystopian society we have allowed ourselves to become.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dreams are not just dreams. There is evidence in every culture of certain dreams being prophetic.

The mind will also present situations that have actually happened in waking life in dreams where trauma has prevented the concious mind from dealing with it.

Personally, I've experienced a few weird ones...

I've woken with welts and marks after dreaming of being flogged.

I've had a lucid dream of falling (after repeated falling dreams) and deliberately held the dream until impact and death. Not too pleasant either but I did discover hitting the ground in these dreams doesn't lead to actual death :-)

I've experienced sudden wakefulness with the distinct feeling there was something in the room watching me but when this happens, I figure that if it was going to do me actual harm it would have done so already, so I go back to sleep once the adrenaline wears off. Who knows, it may just have been my protector and I just startled.

Luckily for me, I lucid dream intuitively so the blood, gore, and evil type dreams generally play out to my advantage.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Hi B1rd,yes,she did-the whole horror of it.I woke up and she said:Oh mom i'm so afraid now-i'm so sorry i did watch that awful movie you said i should'nt have-i thought it was just another horrorflic,but maybe a bit more creepy than normal-but that one is the worst,the worst!" So that's when i told her something that is like a mantra in our house,and except "I love you" propably the phrase they'll remember best about me:"EVERYTHING I SAY-I SAY WITH A REASON!!!"
She was in her teens before she watched anything remotely to do with possession+exorcism again

Btw,she loves movies like "Saw" since she was in her teens-something i can't get my mind around-why would Anyone want to watch that?Well,to each their own,i suppose

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Hey there SN,that must've been so Bad,seeing him chomp bits off your finger-and trying to get at the family treasures too-i did Not know that bears go for the genitals,i imagined they'd go for the jugular.A scary nightmare,that one-i like bears a lot,wonderful animals,but i would not like to ever encounter one,not in real life,nor in dreams! Well unless it was a l'il bear-baby-they are some of the most adorable things on the planet-although Mama-bear is usually following close behind

You know if i went camping,i would always keep a designated container in the tent-there's no way i'm leaving a tent in a forest at night-not gonna happen
Thank you for sharing,SN.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Hi Ace,i'm very sorry to hear you went through such a hard time as a child! I had a different type of night terror,i would wake up(not from a dream) and just be absolutely terrified,from feeling like something evil was very close,and i would scream,and not calm down till my mother let me,reluctantly,into her bed for the rest of the night.I would feel so helpless,because she could not sense the evil presence i could,i hated those episodes.Thanks for your reply.

Btw,one morning i told her i was so afraid in the night because of a pitchblack dog with a looong extended head-that picture was so vivid in my mind,i picture it right now as i'm sitting here-like Anubis with an obscenely extended cranium.But i don't recall dreaming of it,ever,just,after that night terror,it was imprinted on my mind forever.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Hi Argentus-i used to do a "Try-for-astral" meditation in bed,for a while last year.Sometimes i Would feel that thrumming,all through my body-like i was a battery being charged with by a tremendous power source,the size of the universe.I would feel like i was vibrating from head to toes,like every single atom that i consisted of,was thrumming and vibrating with this immense power-i felt like i could power a city,it was an amazing feeling.It never went to sleep paralysis in my case though.it would just slowly dissipate after a while.

Also,while in intense relaxation,trying for conscious astral i would get to a stage where i could not feel the bed under me anymore,like it had dropped away beneath me,and i was floating.I never did achieve conscious astral though.Thanks for your reply

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Hi Stars,thanks for your reply
I enjoyed that very much-yes in dreams Any animal can become a thing from hell-because of the inevitable mutations,which usually involve sharp teeth-and the political will to tear you to pieces

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

if we had to go on predictions here in our dreams,Every night would be hell on earth
thanks MadMax.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverStar33

Whoa
Gnarly! Thanks for sharing SilverStar-if you want,you can always u2u me with dreams you don't feel comfortable posting here-i find dreams endlessly fascinating.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

Hi Jimbo,thanks for sharing,you know,in my recurring childhood nightmare,i actually did know i was dreaming each time,and it was so predictable,a very simple dream,but always the same outcome-yet i could'nt change a thing.My only option was to stop running+let it get me so the fear of running in vain from it,was over quicker.So,i don't know if "coming to" in your dream would have changed anything,caused a better outcome.Recurring nightmares just suck,especially for children,who usually feel pretty helpless in waking life,anyway.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Hi there fr33kShOw,well you cannot control what you dream about
I must say,there's something you don't hear everyday though,still,its all good-and they certainly qualify as nightmares
Made for an interesting read,thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I once dreamed I was an awkward adolescent, woke up before the sun rose and ate a dull breakfast, rode to school on a smelly bus filled with other awkward, dull kids, sat through a horribly boring day full of meaningless busywork and petty embarrassments and then went home to watch bad TV with a sullen family and to bed... just to wake up and do it all again for real...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Not the worst one ive had but i dont like talking about the other one, In it I was on a road trip with a bunch of my friends going up to a mountain that overlooks my city although there isent one in real life i imagine there must be a city where its kind of in a valley near mountains but any ways when we got up there we found an old abandoned school or something that had stairs leading into the basement which connected with an old fallout shelter so we went in there to see if it was still working but as we went down i heard what sounded like sirens so i told my friends to stay down there thinking it might be police telling us we cant we here so as i went up, the front of the school was on the edge of a cliff where you could look out and see for miles than when i looked up i saw hundreds of planes off in the distance near the city and clearly on the sides of the plane was the north korean flag and they started dropping nukes but not just one or two every plane was doing an old WW2 carpet bombing run with nukes, thousands of small size nukes obliterating everything and as the planes got closer to where i was i ran into the fallout shelter closing the door behind me. then i woke up,
Sorry if im going on long now this ^ dream i had about a month ago, last week i had one again i had just graduated high school and was at a stadium watching fireworks with my girlfreind and other freinds when i saw a flash of light which most people seeemed to think that some fireworks had hit eachother but when i looked there was a mushroom cloud going up so i tried to warn people but not many listened until one of the cops who was there for whatever reason noticed it than everyone startred running, my girlfriend and other freind ran towards a school i told them to lay down behind these concrete pillars so that we would be safe from the initial force blast, me and my girlfreind survived but my freind was partially disentigrated, by this time we were running but everything looked all staticy like with bad tv reception we ran down to a cafeteria with lots of other people and we got into the cooler and closed the door, i could hear people screaming for us to open up but i dident, in what felt like a few days we opened the door to a giant pile of skeletons and just started walking as we walked across the now destroyed city i felt my skin begin to burn and fall away but as we came up a hill there was a military helicopter waiting, we looked back at the crater that was the city then got on the helicopter and as we flew away i woke up.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacrilicious

Hey Sacrilicious,
thanks for your reply,i destest and loathe clowns,so to me that would've been re-inforcement of what i always expected-that clowns are Evil! To me,that would have been one of the worst nightmares EVER

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Winning all the time

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

edit on 8-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: double post

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Hi Jennyfrenzy-you know this made me think of a weird dream i had about 19 years ago.I was in a place with people who brought in this tray of things-looked like spiders-lobster hybrids.I cannot remember what it tasted like in the dream-but the next morning when i woke,i had a very bad,sickening taste in my mouth.
I brushed my teeth,gargled with mouthwash,nothing i ate or drank could rid my mouth and throat of that vile taste.It was'nt bitter or sour or sweet or salty-just indescribable,nauseating really.Thanks for your reply Jf

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
hi there, just been reading through this thread, been a lurker for a while but thought id join now to reply to this thread.

ive had plenty of nightmares, most of them seem to be in the last few years , im 23 if that has any relevance, anyways onto one of my nightmares which stays with me , this one was different and why ive decided to tell it,

seemed like a normal dream, started with cycling with "friends" but did not know who, but just knew they were "friends" , in what i felt like was where i lived at the time but there was a few things changed about like petrol stations where the little shop is and a large hill leading up to it, in real life its all houses and pretty horizontal, we stop at the petrol station for some reason, thats when i notice my "friends" have no faces, i just remember 2 shots ringing out, i look down and notice blood under my shirt but doesnt seem to bother me and i carry on about whatever im doing in the dream, in what seems like a split second i am a local persons house i wouldnt describe as a friend and it seems as if theres a mellow sort of party going on , then someone in the room who i didnt recognise at all points at my "bullet" wounds from earlier thats when i wake up , with the worst pain ever exactly where the blood was on my shirt in my dream, it felt like a bruise/burning sensation for a good couple hours after i woke up, the feeling of dread i had after waking was alot worse than the "wounds".

also a dream that doesnt take much to tell it, i was driving along a road just less than a mile from where i stay, rarely drive down it, its about 3 or 4 miles long straight road with nothing but swampy/bushland, its dark, clear sky moon shining bright, but then something catches the corner of my eye that fills me with fear/panic/dread, a second moon shining brightly , thats all i remembered, i woke up and was scared to look in the sky for fear of seeing 2 moons.

ive had pretty strange dreams as ive been getting older, i wouldnt say i can control them but i seem more and more aware that i am "there", no control over the outcome of the dream though,

just my tuppence worth

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

My worst nightmare. As a child, 5 or 6 years old, I had this reoccurring nightmare where in my dream I would wake up and sit on the bed facing my closet. I would stare at it for what seemed like hours. Then slowly the doors would open and I would watch myself walk out with cuts everywhere on my body, blood dripping from every part of my body. "Bloody Me" would look up and look straight at me and start pointing and screaming a deafening scream of terror all the while advancing. But he would never get close. It was as if he was on a treadmill walking in place but the closet would move farther and farther away. The I'd wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join