It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea withdraws missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Two North Korean Musudan missiles have been withdrawn from a launch site in the eastern part of the country and sent to a storage facility, a U.S. official confirmed Monday.
The United States had been worried about the prospects of the regime firing the missiles.
For weeks last month, North Korea dished out daily sabre-rattling threats aimed at South Korea and the United States.
The North's rhetoric intensified after the U.N. Security Council voted in March to slap tougher sanctions on the regime and amid U.S.-South Korean military drills in the region.

edition.cnn.com

I knew it! I think Kim Jong-un was just trying to draw attention to himself and demonstrate his power. I don't know if the whole situation has blown over now, but it looks like it has.
edit on 7-5-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I knew he was yellow

I hope someone takes him out

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's to bad Un's father did'nt use the withdrawal method as well

Sorry, I just had to.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It's the culture over there.

He has to show off some Military prowess, or else they would probably just consider him weak and over-throw him.

Good for him though. Now he and Dennis Rodman can throw all the pool parties they like.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Doesn't that mean lil Kim has lost face though?Nk is going to destroy The US,SK,Japan...Whoops never mind!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Mmmhmmm, I guess he got bored.
I think the real question we should be asking is, was he told to move them by his chinese counter parts?
Was there some underground deal we don't know about?
So yea I don't believe lil kim would just put his lil toys away.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I am really beginning to grow tired of Kim Jong-un's bellicose attitude. Hopefully he will choke on his next helping of rice.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
I think he considered the US state of mind after Boston and decided to quietly chill the rhetoric. Events in Iraq post 9/11 amply demonstrated America's ability to lash out if messed with.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They just put the missiles out there so the new paint could dry.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ummmm DUH!!! I told you guys nothing would come from this.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Looks like NK was told to back down. So, who's in charge? Create a threat, watch the U.S response have NK back down. Someone needed war-game info'.

Also just heard on RT that NK's leader has fired their ' hard-line defence minister '. Suspect???
edit on 13-5-2013 by EA006 because: New news added

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yea, they withdrew their missiles cause they're waiting for a shipment of food.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Lil'Kim is not in charge over there.

He is being guided by the military leaders and his family.

All the recent hype was probably just to break him in and totally orchestrated with no intent of ever carrying anything through.

Its possible China stepped in and told them to back down but my guess would be that they simply accomplished their purpose.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Arnie123
I think he considered the US state of mind after Boston and decided to quietly chill the rhetoric. Events in Iraq post 9/11 amply demonstrated America's ability to lash out if messed with.

I think China told him to STFU. Kerry visited china and things got quiet right after his visit.

top topics

join