Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why has NO ONE written or published a modern Ipistle to Suppliment /contradrict The New Testament

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Originally posted by akushla99
Urantia Book is some 2000 pages long...the 2 1/2 inch tome is 9 to 11 text point size...none of its tracts (as far as I have noted) are attributed to any person living, or having lived...the 'history' of its writing is well documented...and as VHB has said, it has an internal and external consistency that is uncannily sound, across many subjects...the question of its appearance really is...

a) who could/would have spent the time penning this amount of words

b) if it were one person (or many, for that matter) why are the tracts so uncannily sound (across all flavours of cosmology) ?

Very good questions…sometimes questions have such a big impact, to the extent, that they don’t’ even require an answer, because the power of the question itself, has already hit home.

My current beliefs comprise parts of Standard Christianity and Gnostic Christianity. Overall, I have a unique belief in Jesus, and there are at least 2 elements of my belief, which are not covered by standard Christianity; and yet I have just recently found out, that those very same 2 elements, are covered in the Urantia Book. This is not something that I can even begin to explain, and is the main reason I have become drawn to the book itself.

Originally posted by akushla99
The moot answers bear more than a little rumination...the referenced 'channelled' personages are familiar to bible scholars (but more probably in thier original, unorigamied form)...the mystery of Urantia Book is only extended by these humble observances...

I’ve recently been watching a series on discovery channel, called “A Haunting”, which documents cases of paranormal experiences, and a few demonic possession cases. In some of the episodes where possession occurred, as soon as the possessed individual was able to utter the name of Jesus, the negative demonic entity, was driven out of that persons body.

My point being, that whatever channeled the Urantia book, was able to speak Jesus name, which demonic entities don’t appear to be able to do. And even if they could, I’m pretty sure that they would in no way, try to lead anyone to Jesus, in any way, shape or form.

- JC

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Here we go, this book embraces Jesus as a powerful being. It is another take on the whole story of consecration; proof of a God Form. It was written by the angelic forces existing in the 5-8th dimensions (thought demons lived in the 4th). Still wonder HOW they all got it together (without arguement) to pull this missive down into the 3rd dimension (and have anyone believe it another sleeping prophet ala Edgar Cayce) Once again, there are other I_PISS_STEEL's out there that are ignored, and this one is a biggy; right up there with NagHammati (IF YOU BELIEVE MELCHIZEDEK *priest of Salem* was one of the authors).
edit on 10-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join