It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK did not do it,wil Iran??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The DPRK that's North Korea did not make a move on the US/SK war games will Iran? www.israelnationalnews.com...

41 Nations Launch U.S.-Led Exercises in the Persian Gulf
The U.S. Navy says envoys from 41 nations have gathered in Bahrain to begin drills in the Persian Gulf.
AAFont Size
By Elad Benari
First Publish: 5/7/2013, 5:46 AM

Iranian Navy boats take part in navy maneuvers in the Strait of Hormuz
Iranian Navy boats take part in navy maneuvers in the Strait of Hormuz
AFP photo

In what may be a warning to Iran, the U.S. Navy said on Monday that envoys from 41 nations had gathered in Bahrain to begin anti-mine drills in the Persian Gulf.

The U.S.-led exercises, which run through May 30, mark the second major show of maritime cooperation in the Gulf in less than a year.

According to a statement published by the Navy, the drills will begin with onshore training and then move to the Gulf for maneuvers including mine-sweeping and search-and-seizure operations.

The last such exercise was held nine months ago, when Israel and Iran were just at the brink of hostilities.

The U.S. Navy stressed that the drills are not specifically tailored to counter Iranian threats, though Iran has threatened more than once to close the Strait of Hormuz, a strategic waterway leading to the Persian Gulf and that is used by 40 percent of vessels that carry the world's oil to various locations around the globe.

The United States has warned Iran that any attempt to close the strait would be viewed as a "red line" -- grounds for U.S. military action.

Iran also has sought to expand its naval capabilities, including plans to launch new submarines. In December the Islamic Republic held naval maneuvers in the Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz.
seems to me if this is the time for WW3 what better way than to get 41 nations at one time. What say you ATS Iran to make a move or not.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

They aren't that stupid.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Persian Gulf can not accommodate 41 countries. I do not trust 90 percent of Israeli news.
do they themselves believe it !
for sure Israel can not be one of those 41 countries. it will be really provocative.
USA will never do such provocative act. It does want to be in the Persian Gulf with safety and without any stress.
closing the strait is just a capital action, Iran can not do that in normal situations and USA does not want that Iran does that ! because it means a clear annoying war between two countries. it will remain just a boasting.
edit on 7-5-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
No.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Just because 41Countries are particpating does not mean all 41 countries will have ships in the gulf LOL. Also this is not Israeli news. It is reported by all major outlets.

Originally posted by maes2
reply to post by bekod

Persian Gulf can not accommodate 41 countries. I do not trust 90 percent of Israeli news.
do they themselves believe it !
for sure Israel can not be one of those 41 countries. it will be really provocative.
USA will never do such provocative act. It does want to be in the Persian Gulf with safety and without any stress.
closing the strait is just a capital action, Iran can not do that in normal situations and USA does not want that Iran does that ! because it means a clear annoying war between two countries. it will remain just a boasting.
edit on 7-5-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not the responses i was expecting, but then so is the news lately. Iran could see this as a act of war, so if they want a war this would be the time to make one.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

yes with more search I got that the news were reliable. but I have not seen 41 countries in a military practice ! it is more like a boasting against Iran than a true military practice.

Originally posted by bekod
Not the responses i was expecting, but then so is the news lately. Iran could see this as a act of war, so if they want a war this would be the time to make one.

Iran can not regard that an act of war and it can not prevent that, of course as long as the countries in practice do not enter Iran's waters or air.
Iran is not after a suicide, is it !

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Didn't do it last time so i'm not sure. Isn't worth their while just now until Russia and China arrive in force.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The world or the Asian continent may be going to war in a decade or few... look at the unrest there. If NK shut up for a while, they may be waiting for a more suitable time to mobilize. Such as if a conflict is happening elsewhere on the continent. What's more, they may be getting allies from those other countries and decide to act all at the same time.

WW3 is more possible in the decades than you think, unless things calm down much more.

top topics

join