It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House petition calls for merger of United States, Australia, to form 'Ameristralia'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRONKITE
reply to post by gps777

You and I are the reasonable Americans and not the fat asses... even though I eat about 6-7 times a day including cheesey cheeseburger sometimes... being in crazy good shape aside from all of this, again back to my point that we are aware of our crooked-out government. We are a few. The 'cool' Americans I guess. Either way race or orientation aside, I don't particularly agree with what our 'Shades McGee' (our government) does nor this little piece of news. Aussie's don't deserve that. Lol, poor, awesome bastards!

YES! My girly-friend and I are going to V8 Super Cars!
Ill let you know how epic it was! So stoked, and then we have F1 and ALMS coming up!!

Texas Pride.

BTW I was born in Kentucky (lived for 2 weeks there of my baby-hood), raised in Cali (14 years until High School), then culture shock of the sheer awesomeness that is Texas until present day (10 years now). So, therefore don't be biased of the 'TX', because I am not a true Texan. Just a little disclaimer* to the biased Aussies out there.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
BTW: gooooOOOOO WEBBER! Oh, and Casey Stoner is also a great driver in whatever he does!!

Us Americans don't have too many good racers except a few who go 'left'. I can't stand those 'lefties'. NASCAR in Aussie land would be blasphemous.... come to think of it, I hope we don't expand.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
NO, we dont want the Aussies over here in New Zealand, To many deadly insects and reptiles that would find there way over here and im not talking about the insects and reptiles lol

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The U.S should merge with Mexico and the rest of the countries down below Mexico. Have one currency etc., not sure about the political end though.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

And here I was about to have a sneaky go at the OP for his inability to use the correct apostrophe and inability to use spaces after a comma, and now I've lost the motivation for that as you've pretty much proven that it doesn't take much for some aussies to be complete knobs.

Yeah lets bag the entire nation of america coz .. uhh.. yeah lets..

*note to us people. some of us aren't complete walleys. promise!*

*note to "US" people. some of us aren`t complete sneaky hypocritcal grammar nazzi`s, promise!*

But this is the post your referring to, from samuel...

Originally posted by samuel1990
I couldn't think of anything worse than 'merging' with 'Amerika'.
My question is why- what would be the benefit? They'll gain 22 million Aussies and we'll gain 311,000,000 fat people who care only for burgers and the latest technology.

No thanks- ill stick to my damper and roo burgers!

And this you believe that samuel thinks there are 311,000,000 fat people in America? someones got a tumour in their humour.

Each to their own,but even the shots Americans have been throwing toward Australia I`ve been getting a good laugh from,its quite easy to see the odd one or two who are being intentionally or ignorantly hateful or spiteful.
Have a laugh for goodness sake.

But point taken in lessons in grammar winofiend, heck before joining ATS and after I could quite easily be referred to as illiterate (I think I could be dyslexic? though have quite a high IQ, never tried in school, left and started work early and now its a problem of old dog and new tricks), I have progressed somewhat, at least if I ever use spell checker it now knows what I`m trying to spell,but mainly throughout the board I`ll read the message not the grammar.

Don`t hold your breathe waiting for perfection out of me and I`ll continue to do the same.

anyone with an ounce of common sense would know right off the bat that this has to be a joke.

The creator of the Ameristralia petition is someone with the initials D.A. from Beverly Hills, California, and on Thursday it had attracted 4646 signatures.

There`s a lot of jokers in America then, the petition was created on April 24 2013 and has now has 6,035 signitaures.

I don`t think all that sign the petition are doing so just for a joke (thats "my" common sense though), that they do see it as being something that would be good to do.
Petition

Even if they did reach the goal of 100,000 signatures by May 24, it only means that the White House staff will look at it and then throw it out.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

....shudders.....

THE HORROR!! THE HORROR!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BazRaza7
NO, we dont want the Aussies over here in New Zealand, To many deadly insects and reptiles that would find there way over here and im not talking about the insects and reptiles lol

I didn`t know there were any Kiwi`s left in NZ, I thought you guys only went home from Australia to beat us in sport.

For years now many Aussies have an Australian map stickers on the back of their car window,that reads either "f off we`re full" or "love it or leave" in the middle of the map,lately I`ve been seeing the NZ fern on the back of some cars thats says "too bad we`re already here"

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

We have heps of kiwis over there but they still need to come home for sport as there is just no competition in Aussieland.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Thanks for the blanket insult. I am not fat, and avoid fast food thanks.
It's just a petition by some person anyway. It's stupid and would never happen in a million years. The fact some of y you Aussies even entertained the idea enough to get riled up makes me wonder if maybe your iq's had dropped down under 72 if you catch my drift.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

reply to post by gps777

We have heps of kiwis over there but they still need to come home for sport as there is just no competition in Aussieland.

That's because you only play that game where you sniff bottoms and can only tackle from the front. I swear if there was no such thing as AFL you guys wouldn't win a game of anything, all our best runners and elite athletes are playing the national game if you haven't noticed.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by samuel1990

Thanks for the blanket insult. I am not fat, and avoid fast food thanks.
It's just a petition by some person anyway. It's stupid and would never happen in a million years. The fact some of y you Aussies even entertained the idea enough to get riled up makes me wonder if maybe your iq's had dropped down under 72 if you catch my drift.

We are not riled up. We are taking the pee out of this. It is called humor. You may want to find yours, you may have lost it.

The last time we got riled up is when we ran into the Japs on the Kokoda trail. Did not go well for them.

If you see an Aussie charging towards you with fixed bayonets you can then assume we are peed off. Apart from that we are more than likely just mucking around.

As for your insults, you need lessons in how to do it properly. What you are in fact referring to is the general IQ of our politicians. We know what they are like, we know how stupid they are but as yet, we have not got riled up enough to do anything about it. Throw another shrimp on the Barbie will ya mate! I meant a real one, no, don't throw Ken on the Barbie, no mate, the other Barbie. Now we're cooking with gas.

P

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

LoL , sounds just like the members of Congress discussing sequestering and a possible invasion of Iran, but they need to get a strong rumour going about Syria having Chemical weapons . Think they also sorted out who was going to be the next puppet President and were a little ticked off by the slow go on the underground bases.

edit on 9-5-2013 by Pinkorchid because: typo

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
That's because you only play that game where you sniff bottoms and can only tackle from the front. I swear if there was no such thing as AFL you guys wouldn't win a game of anything, all our best runners and elite athletes are playing the national game if you haven't noticed.

yeah but we dont bowl our cricket balls on the ground in a test match ahem

Plus most of your rugby teams are prb all kiwis lol, Im sure you dont want the all blacks coming over and kicking butt again

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Who ever thought up this petition is misguided. America can't really merge with other nations as America is already a Union of 50 sovereign nations(hence why they are called States instead of Provinces or Territories).

If Australia, or any-other nation wishes to join the Union, all they would have to do is have their government submit a request to join the Union.
edit on 9-5-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Best sensible answer

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

yeah but we dont bowl our cricket balls on the ground in a test match ahem

Sorry for that NZ (even though it was 30 odd years ago) ,I watched that game and when that ball was bowled Aussie`s hung their heads in shame, it was a disgaceful show of Aussie sportmanship.You should take that game as a massive win.Which has given NZ reason to fight us even the harder and you guys do.Thumbs up there.

Your posts from a NZanders point of view is similar to the thoughts of this thread about the relationship of America and Australia, when I think NZ its as a smaller brother to Australia and that may well be a bit insulting to some or to many NZanders, especially if Aussies started petitioning for our countries to merge, without even asking for your opinion,that could/would be rude.

Other than that it just gets petty from there on, on who the sheep shaggers are or who invented the pavalova.

edit on 9-5-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Yes understood korathin,I find it curious why our MSM even bothered to create a debate over it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Wouldn't it make more sense to actually merge Mexico, the U.S. and Canada, since they're all connected by land?

as an American, I just wish we would leave other countries the hell alone for a change, I getting tired of every president having to be in a war somewhere. we have so much poverty here that is kept hidden by main stream media.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Ahh, hang on.. A petition to the US whitehouse?

To make Australia part of America?

Last I heard, Australia was a free, indipendant country and a part of the British Commonwealth.

Since when dose the US get to decide who is American and who isn't?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Not sure, but maybe Austramerika might be a better name? Sounds better to me. Or Austranada, Canadalia......

I Am Canadian..... lol, had to put that in there!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join