It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House petition calls for merger of United States, Australia, to form 'Ameristralia'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

They have got to be kidding! (besides, Drop bears are bad enough,don`t give em wings!)

AUSTRALIA and the US will merge to form one super nation called Ameristralia. Sound like a gag? Maybe not.

A petition has been created on the official White House website calling for the Obama Administration to join "America and Australia to form Ameristralia".

The "We the People" section on the whitehouse.gov website was launched in 2011 to allow the public, in accordance with the First Amendment of the US Constitution, to petition the US government on issues deemed important.
www.perthnow.com.au...

That`d be right,don`t ask us Aussies how we feel about it will ya,your debt has piled up beyond the solar system you`ve got bases over here already and our country is rich in natural resources,no need to fabricate lies to invade,they`ll prentend to be friends.

The creator of the Ameristralia petition is someone with the initials D.A. from Beverly Hills, California, and on Thursday it had attracted 4646 signatures.

Another 95,354 signatures are needed by May 24 to receive a White House response.

The campaign evolved on the social news and entertainment website Reddit.

I don`t take this seriously at all,though it wouldn`t surprise me if those in Washington havn`t thought about it.

Some Canadians on Reddit, fearing living next to the world's new super-duper power Ameristralia, called for its own Pacific merger.

"Canada, here. Come on New Zealand! With our powers combined we can be but a nuisance to our numerically superior neighbours!" the Canadian wrote.

I`d rather merge with Canada,I`ve always felt a connection for some reason,oh and out of sympathy of having rowdy next door neighbours.
edit on 7-5-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I couldn't think of anything worse than 'merging' with 'Amerika'.
My question is why- what would be the benefit? They'll gain 22 million Aussies and we'll gain 311,000,000 fat people who care only for burgers and the latest technology.

No thanks- ill stick to my damper and roo burgers!

+9 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oh lord!

Why would we want to punish Australia that badly?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

No offense to the US of A, but I would prefer to merge with the Kiwis, and I can tell ya, that ain't gonna happen.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
NO! Screeeeeeeeaaaaammmmm. Ahhhhhhhhh. No No No!

Go away. You have your bases here.

Our politicians are climbing so high up your politicians bums I am not sure how they manage to breathe.

Stay away.

Your debt, how about you pay that off first. Perhaps A bit in the bank as a dowry!

Now perhaps we could merge with Texas. You would of course have to give up your guns. No! I didn't think so!

We like being able to kick our friends out of the house after the barbie. If you attempt the takeover we will attack, bio weapons, drop bears, snakes, red back spiders and other deadly hazards.

P

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

Because Canada already toll them to go fly a Kite

Good Luck

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubeeleever

No offense to the US of A, but I would prefer to merge with the Kiwis, and I can tell ya, that ain't gonna happen.

It's because the Kiwis are better at cricket, isn't it?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

No, it's because their sheep are nicer.

P

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Crazy.

I hope Anon had a good laugh.

I did.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I might not have read the OP
edit on 7-5-2013 by Domo1 because: see above

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
I`d rather merge with Canada,I`ve always felt a connection for some reason,oh and out of sympathy of having rowdy next door neighbours.
edit on 7-5-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

Better skiing in Canada

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I would agree to it only if they dragged the two places a bit closer together...
...fourteen hours on a plane is a bit much.

link   
Sorry but this isn't going to happen without us brits getting our foot in the door. The United Kingdom of Ameristralia. Or 'Britameristralia' for short.

link   
We are owned by the Queen. Cant see our slave rights being handed over that easy especially when Australia has tried to become a sovereign nation in the past and failed. I wouldn't put it past an elites game of Texas Holdem to which country's are the stake in the pot lol. Queen goes all in with Obama only to discover he has four aces...but wait there was already an ace on the table

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I was shocked at first glance,when I just read it on the news,but was laughing while reading it.

I just had to share with ATSers amongst all the doom and gloom.

I`ve been having more laughs at the responses,well done guys

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
In fact, thinking about it. The ultimate combo would be to include Japan. Then we would literally have the four corners of the earth. We could call it Nipobritameristralia. I think it has a nice ring to it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I reckon we should let the yanks have it as long as they adopt our gun laws.

At least that way we know it would never happen.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by beezzer

No, it's because their sheep are nicer.

P

That was a baa-aaa. . . d joke!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

And there was me thinking you went around shooting at trouble...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think we have to have smaller merges first, see how they go.

Australia and New Zealand and we will take Hawaii as well. Geographics you understand.

Canada can have Alaska, should have been done ages ago.

Britain can have Iceland and Greenland.

The US can merge with Mexico and rename the new nation The United Cartels.

P

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join