It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by nerbot
Hollow threats by ignorant bubble living parasites.

Try and do this in France and you would get laughed at.

the agency that oversees the process is based in France.

And there's the irony.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Wonder if that is why my original post was scrapped for "Extreme T & C Violation"

Bye ATS. Its been real... Used to be anyway...
edit on 8-5-2013 by RedPill because: To say good bye

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
reply to post by RedPill

Yeah im gunna eat all those people. Not allowed to plant seeds? making a law like this should be a deadly sin.

Can you please point out that bit of the proposed law where it says you are not allowed to plant seeds?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is another illuminatti scheme to control what we eat and how we buy it and who sells what. It must never be allowed to become law. What juristiction does this body have anyway ?....nothing
edit on 8-5-2013 by abbey7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You could make a thread every minute on what the EU Mafia are doing or have done to erode freedom and increase control over Europe. Regardless of the economic consequence, I truly want Britain to pull out of this union of Godfathers and their twisted concept of governance.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I hope you all can klik and follow this first they tried to privatize water now the seed of the food you eat checkout the doc-vid Food Inc if you have not done so already, is everyone ready for the Hunger Games???
edit on 8-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Yes......this is the unfortunate road that our society has started down and it will not stop until the government gets control of EVERYTHING. Our society is nothing but a bunch of paranoid dead beats. No one gets involved anymore. Hell, most people don't even defend themselves now. If something happens to them, they just call the AUTHORITIES. We are a nation of sheeple.

I recommend everyone here take the time to sit down and watch the movie that Justin Timberlake did called "IN TIME". That's the world that's coming.
edit on 8-5-2013 by thestillborn1 because: typos...........

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

thanks- wish people would check their sources before posting

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In the UK alone there are millions of allotment owners,veg gardeners who have yearly stashed awy seeds from their best crops over decades...
I still have some tomato seeds that my grandfather gave me 35+ years ago,which I sometimes grow still,and get more seeds from.
Loads of folks have so many different varieties of so many plant types, that this bill would be be impossible to enforce IMO.

WTF will they do-send cops to burn down veg gardens or spray round up on everything like they do in Columbia with the dreaded cocoa shrubs?

Search everyone house/shed/greenhouse for any seeds and bust them?
Riot cop raids at local farmers markets?
I highly doubt it-although I'm sure they would love to have that power,it just would not work.

Imagine getting busted for possesion of the "wrong" strain of tomato/garlic/basil/ginger etc...
It defies all rational thought,and reminds me of Judge Dredd comics I used to read,where the judges would do a sweep in a block,and bust folks for owning 0.5grams above the salt/sugar ration.

When the EU start trying on this BS,you know they have lost the plot and are ruled over by the mega corps and banks IMO.
Quit the damned EU now UK,save £56million a DAY,and no more nonsense rules from brussels-we could run our own country-you know like we did before the EU took over...
how's that for a radical idea?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

In the UK alone there are millions of allotment owners,veg gardeners who have yearly stashed awy seeds from their best crops over decades...

Riot cop raids at local farmers markets?

The proposals quite clearly go out of their way to deal with these sorts of issues:

"Plant reproductive material exchanged in kind between two persons other than professional operators is excluded from the scope of the Regulation."

"Plant reproductive material which is made available on the market only in limited quantities by small producers (“niche market plant reproductive material”) should be exempted from the requirement of belonging to a registered variety."

But you probably didn't want to hear that.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

I am happy to hear that in fact,thank you.
So that amounts to no regulation really,as local pollen can spread far and wide-if so what is the point of the proposed bill?
Won't plants just continue to change via cross pollination,creating new,potentially illegal seeds?
(untested in the eyes of the law?)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

I am happy to hear that in fact,thank you.
So that amounts to no regulation really,as local pollen can spread far and wide-if so what is the point of the proposed bill?
Won't plants just continue to change via cross pollination,creating new,potentially illegal seeds?
(untested in the eyes of the law?)

Read my post on the 1st page - the purpose of the bill is to gather together all the regulations that CURRENTLY APPLY into 1 place, and update the older ones where required.

And that is all.

It has nothing to do with natural cross-hybridisation creating "illegal" seeds!

there is nothing much new in it at all - the provisions for "intellecutal ownership" of created seed varieties are not new and do not make others illegal either.

Natural News is not a relaible source!

edit on 8-5-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Nothing at all happens.

NaturalNews is a tabloid which tends to take fairly innocuous stories and turn them into screams of alarm. These manufactured shrieks of outrage let some groups of people feel as though they're in on "secret news" when in fact the "news" is less reliable than articles from The Onion and Cracked.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Fair enough,I am starting to see that is the case from you and others who have said the same about naturalnews...
Maybe its a dodgy misinfo campaign,to keep the water nice and muddy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join