It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Headlines of the Last 24 Hours. You have to smile at some of them. (Or I'll take your cookies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Seti@home Multi Beam question The question is what is Seti@home Multi Beam?
reply to post by charles1952

Hey now, it was a good question, if youre familiar with seti@home, thats MY THREAD

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Oh hey, you took my suggestion! Cool. I must say I'm an idiot. Perhaps next time the headline ought to be in yellow and commentary in normal font.

Sorry bout that.

April fools?

Oops.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

On creating a closed loop:

ATS Headlines of the Last 24 Hours. You have to smile at some of them. (Or I'll take your cookies, You can take my cookies, but if you post in the next 8 hours you will be violating the T and Cs..

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but there are strict rules. (I wrote them myself just a few minutes ago.) I had to stay on the fire-hose page which was displayed when I was putting the list together. I didn't see any of those.

Whoops. You're right. My bad. Thats part of the problem on here these days, people can't read directions. I got caught up in the fantasy of it all, I guess.

One of my favorite Tabloid subjects

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

reply to post by pheonix358

Santa is at the North Pole and when all the sea ice melts Star Dust Castle will sink like Atlantis and the Elves and Reindeer will all drown except for the Chosen Few who ride out on the sleigh.

That was funny. Thanks for the laugh. Wait a second, you're not serious... is that the real flood story? I'm going to text everyone.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hey OP...if you'll replace the thread titles with hyper-links I'll give ya a cookie

...and a star

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That was really funny Charles i laughed my white cotton socks off, thank you for cheering me up

s/f
edit on 7-5-2013 by ballymoney50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"Things I Hate" (for everyone) it looks like the official Cynicist's Guide to Life on Earth column has opened a suggestion booth. Calling all disgruntled housewives!

My apologies to the face book crowd Are you sure you don't want to update your status instead?

Doom Gloom and Boredom An in-depth look at the life of an ATS member.

Space stencil - shadows on the moon I wonder if it says "If you can read this you're too close"?

T-shirts what a great way to make people smile,think or just bring some beauty to them Just add water for instant gratification!

How's that for some contributions?

edit on 7-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Dear rival,

I'd love to change the OP around, but I can only edit it for a few hours. But, please send the cookies. Please?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Dear AfterInfinity,

Wonderful work! I knew there was some good in you, somewhere.
(Just teasing, you're quite valuable here.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

ahahahahaha soooooooooooooooo funny cheeky face

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
THANK YOU Charles! from now on,i'll be looking at headlines in a whole new light

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Dear Raxoxane,

It's good to see your laughter. Add In Aurelius, and South Africa, and I may have found a new best friend.

When you do look at the headlines a little differently, why not post the results here so we can share?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Charles, this was brilliant.
Now you've let the cat out of the bag, you know, all that claiming that you're confused and befuddled has just been DEBUNKED!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Dear wildtimes,

Thank you for your kindness. It seems rude of me to disagree with you, but after reading the OP you must agree that there is something mentally disturbed at work here, even if it isn't confused and befuddled.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

you must agree that there is something mentally disturbed at work here,

I "must"? No, I don't "must" agree.

I found it to be sort of improvisational and astute humor. When I was a kid, we were encouraged to read a LOT. (This was in the days when the world was still 'black and white television' - no internet, no remote controls, and one had to go to a REAL library to get new books to read - which is still my preference). We were enrolled in "book clubs" where a new 'classic' would be delivered every month - I still have most of mine.

Yet, my parents' bookshelves held - naturally - adult fare, so when I'd quickly and voraciously digested the latest 'bom' arrival, I'd go to their shelves. My favorites were:

the Time-Life series on humanity - in particular, I loved with morbid fascination to read the volume dealing with the history of insanity.

and a little paperwork cartoon-illustrated novelty called "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions." Hence, my keen sarcasm was born....your OP reminded me of that book.

(Sarcasm is, of course, only one of the many services I offer - and I've handily ingrained it in my kids as well.
, just as my parents delivered it unto me.
But also, as you no doubt are aware - and my family members remind each other sharply from time to time, usually when feeling 'defeated' - sarcasm is a block to communication!, stated emphatically and with righteous indignation.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join