It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General George S. Patton Was Assassinated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
R.I.P

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Patton was, by the time of his death, already way out of step with the emerging political thinking.
He had frequently been a pain in the ass for his superiors, and they were careful not to afford him anywhere near as much power and influence as other Allied Generals such as MacArthur.

There is nothing in his biography that would have suggested (to me) that he was likely to run for office after retiring, and by all accounts his war was over, after an amazing career. I just don't think its likely that he posed a threat to anyone other than his own legacy and I'm not entirely sure how well he would have coped with life as a retired war hero.

By contrast MacArthur went on to command a significant position as administrator of Japan and the entire Pacific region for the next ten years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the man, but he was not by any measure a political animal and Europe at the time was so full of generals, that he didn't pose any threat given the forces under his command at the time.
Above all he was an American Patriot, with an outstanding military career behind him, if he was ordered to tone down the rhetoric, I'm sure he would have complied and been put out to pasture without the need to resort to any sort of underhand and nefarious methods such as a contrived assassination.

Simply put, I just don't buy it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
At the time of his death, Patton was already 60 years old. A senior citizen. When his car collided with the 2.5 tons truck, he was propelled forward and stopped suddenly by a window partition between the back seat and the front seat.

This sudden stop caused what is called a hyper flexion injury to his cervical spine, resulting in paralysis. A common injury for senior citizens.

Patton did NOT have any sort of visible neck injury which rules out an assassin's bullet. He did, however, have a forehead laceration from when he hit the partition.

An X-Ray performed on Patton revealed that his 3rd and 4th vertebrae were fractured and dislocated. No bullet in there. He went into surgery where they found Patton's cervical spinal cord was partially transected, with an incomplete lesion at C-5, and a dislocation at C-4. No bullet wound.

While his doctors thought he might recover, he died 12 days after the accident.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join