Originally posted by Hopechest
You should never believe something told by a guy who was told by a guy who is now dead and you can't verify.
End of the conspiracy right there since it can never be proved or disproved.
Easy way to make a buck.
I understand and agree to the point you are making...A rebuttal would then be; all that has been written by historians is therefor just hearsay and
should be taken with a grain of salt. Proof means different things to different people. A relative says if you stick your finger in the fire it will
hurt and burn...hearsay, until you experience the pain for yourself.
We have believers who have posted, fence sitters and others who say no way! They are all correct in their own perception of reality.For the fence
sitters (which I tend to be) it is worth the time and effort to listen to all sides of the argument both pro and con and who knows, we may all learn
There are no glorious wars, only glorious warrors who sacrafice everything for what they believe to be right.
All buried in lands far away.
1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France... A total of 2289
2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium... A total of 5329
3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France... A total of 4410
4. Brookwood, England - American Cemetery... A total of 468
5. Cambridge, England... A total of 3812
6. Epinal, France - American Cemetery... A total of 5525
7. Flanders Field, Belgium... A total of 368
8. Florence, Italy... A total of 4402
9. Henri-Chapelle, Belgium... A total of 7992
10. Lorraine , France... A total of 10,489
11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg... A total of 5076
12. Meuse-Argonne... A total of 14246
13. Netherlands, Netherlands... A total of 8301
14. Normandy, France... A total of 9387
15. Oise-Aisne, France.... A total of 6012
16. Rhone, France... A total of 861
17. Sicily, Italy... A total of 7861
18. Somme, France... A total of 1844
19. St. Mihiel, France.... A total of 4153
20. Suresnes, France... A total of 1541
edit on 7-5-2013 by 727Sky because: .....