It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many People Are Lying About Voting For Bush (or why were the exit polls so wrong?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
One of the interesting things about this election was the fact that the exit polls were so wrong. TO the point that the Bush team freaked out when they first started comming in. Turn out they were wrong. Why?

Here on ATS we have as evidenced by the number of political topics and thier contents, overwhelming support for Kerry. Some of that no doubt comes from the non US groups, but what of the US. voters? Are the Bush supporters on ATS simply afraid to voice thier opinion on the matter? Or do they want to seem like "the informed American" by voicing things differently?

It seems to me some of us here on ATS (call it a hunch) and clearly alot of the exit poll people are not being upfront with thier choice of Bush vs. Kerry. The exit polls are usually fairly close but this time they were not. The odds of them statisticaly interviewing more Kerry voters seems a bit off unless there was a total failure of thier methodology?

Seems to me alot of people are not being honest and Im curious as to why?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The non-Bush people are really that. non-Bush.
Exit polls prediction was correct, the election was a fraud.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well in my little corner of the country, after voting and leaving the building there was an exit poll station set up by CNN, me not interested in participating in an exit poll just proceeded to my car to get on with the day's business.

If most or all of the stations are there to gather exit info on only those who wish to fill out their questionaire, this could be the cause of a major discrepancy IMO.

I think that the whole polling business is as useful as your local weatherman....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am hearing that Move-On.org found out where they where doing exit polls and urged their sheep to head to that location. They were trying to skew the results just like they did after every debate.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

*yawn* if it was, where was the army of Democrat lawyers that were supposed to be unleashed?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I am hearing that Move-On.org found out where they where doing exit polls and urged their sheep to head to that location. They were trying to skew the results just like they did after every debate.

Do you have a link??

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

One of the interesting things about this election was the fact that the exit polls were so wrong. TO the point that the Bush team freaked out when they first started comming in. Turn out they were wrong. Why?

Lets try and use a bit of common sense, oh hallowed moderator, ok?

This is a conspiracy site, right? But for some reason all of the "conspiracies" ever discussed are promulgated by the right, right?

Now, lets review some facts:

The (and I mean ,the, as there was only one) exit polling agency was formed and funded by the mainstream news organisations. check

Last time I checked the mainstream news organisations were (and are) pro-kerry (or whomever the left puts up). check

How does one best suppress Republican turnout?

Have a mole in the exit-poll agency tip off the DNC when they will be polling..the DNC floods the polls...numbers are skewed...leak the numbers...opposition becomes discouraged...

The very fact that the "exit-polls" said South Carolina! was too close to call should make most thinking members of this forum question their veracity.

That said.

In the immortal words of the cast of Meatballs, "It just doesn't matter...It just doesn't matter"...

cause we won anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Carseller4

Do you have a link??

www.cfif.org...

Move On was upset at the exit-poll process. Maybe they wanted to get even?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Keep telling yourself that
The exit polls where just wrong deal with it, no fraud Bush just won plain and simple

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am more inclined to think there were too many variables and not a large enough sampling.

But there is some validity to your "lying about voting for Bush" theory. Several of my husband's co-workers who are aware that he is a Bush supporter confided in him that they did vote for him, but aren't advertising it. I just can't see it making the difference in the election - are that many people really afraid to acknowledge who they want for President?

B.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Keep telling yourself that
The exit polls where just wrong deal with it, no fraud Bush just won plain and simple
Am I supposed to think that Joe Blo next door is saying he voted Kerry but voted Bush instead?
If anything it'd be the other way around. No one likes anyone who supports a criminal.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Smart people know how the left plays ball. Being conservative is worse than being a child molester in many circles. In my circles, they are equal. Bush supporters know that it is better to quietly make financial contributions and other low-profile measures. As for pollsters, they can all go to the bad place for all I care.

Polling is not an exact science even under the best circumstances. In today's hostile environment when killing babies is acceptable and the Boy Scouts are treated like pariahs, getting anyone to give honest answers to these most personal of opinions is not easy. That's why the Founders prefered the secret ballot.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
dgtempe so what do you think exit polls are perfect or something? less then 1 in 5 people called even make it through a completed interview.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 4-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Ok...once again...these polls were done to about 13,000 Americans ..... When over 100 Million Americans voted.....

These polls are the fraud....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If any statement exemplifies the thought processes of a single individual and perhaps a cohort, it would have to be this one. Let's abandon the secret ballot process and simply elect our officials with a convenience sample of mall shoppers.

[edit on 04/11/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Do you like living in denial?

Bush won fair and square. Maybe if the Dems had picked someone other then Kerry they would have won, but allas, they had to pick the most liberal one.

That, IMHO, was the difference.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

If any statement exemplifies the thought processes of a single individual and perhaps a cohort, it would have to be this one. Let's abandon the secret ballot process and simply elect our officials with a convenience sample of mall shoppers.

[edit on 04/11/4 by GradyPhilpott]
Storm coming. Anchor the trailer.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You mean it would have been a fraud if all the fraudulently registered voters hadn't gotten caught.

I'm glad the elections went without a hitch. If there was fraud, Senator Kerry would be the one giving a victory speech and President Bush conceding.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
lmao @ exit poll predictions being correct

1. Exit polls don't make predictions.
2. You should have learned by now exit polls are extremely poor indicators, especially when you start hearing about them before the polls even close (as was the case Tuesday).
3. What Muaddib said.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A couple of points:

1) Exit polls were not "invented" to predict the outcome of an election. They were put in place to gather information as to the demographic of voters and why they chose a certain candidate. They do not gather an accurate count of the winner.

2) I think I heard it on CNN, but I believe this year had a new company, procedure for taking the exit polls. It's quite possible it is flawed.

3) If I remember correctly, the demographic percentage of people questioned did not correctly resemble the demographic percentage of voters (Sorry, no link).

4) After waiting in line for hours to vote, do you think anyone really wanted to answer more questions. I know for a fact my mother gave generic answers to her questions. By this time, she was done. She had done her duty and figured the exit polls were not important.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join